Chicken Breast ideas!?

Options
I desperately need some yummy chicken breast dinner Ideas.. please help!! I did the pizza chicken the other night and it was delicious!! But, I need something new...

Replies

• freshstart4me
    Options
    ooh im glad you liked it.

you have a crockpot?

chicken breasts on bottom
    can of corn
    can of kidney beans (or whateve ryou like)
    jar of salsa or picante sauce

cook for however long you need to (all crockpots are different)

last 30mins add in a block of light cream cheese - cook till melted

eat plain, over rice, in a wrap...DELICIOUS...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Actually, Google "costa vida chicken recipe". Make it in a crock pot with zesty italian dressing. Great stuff alone, in a salad or in a wrap.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Ooh still got to try that! I have chicken most nights, but I don't think I do anything out of the norm. One Weight Watcher recipe I do over and over is: slit the chicken breast and stuff in one teaspoon of parmesan, one teaspoon of pesto and a couple of basil leaves. Wrap the chicken breast in a slice of parma ham, spray a tray with oil and bake for approx 25 mins on gas mark 5. What I tend to do is cook for 5 mins then add into the tray some peppers, mushrooms, red onions then chicken back in for another 20 - and you get all your veggies in there too. You can also throw some tomatoes in for the last 10 mins. I also love them stuffed with light philly, or I use them in stirfrys or omlettes...but that's me I don't ever seem to get bored of them!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    sautee mushrooms onions & spinach with a little olive oil & garlic, salt & pepper
    grill chix & top with spinach mixture
    top with some low fat cheddar or mozzarella cheese
    but in oven till cheese melts
  • Taskcr
    Options
    Yumm!! this sounds delicious!! I love your ideas!! Please keep them coming :o)
  • RB12000
    Options
    Bbq sauce and chicken in crockpot. Easy peasey!! It, along with brown rice and broccoli, is my lunch this week. Very good for the very lazy :)

Also, google "chicken hurry." Brown sugar (I use diabeti-sweet alternative), ketchup, and onion soup mix are the ingredients off the top of my heat. Cook in oven and you're good to go.
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Roast in a 'Maggi So Juicy' bag - about 150 cals and 2 grams of fat per breast - garlic flavour is my fave! x
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    I've been looking for new ideas for the big pack of chicken breasts I just bought, this thread is great!
  • JEWEL776
    JEWEL776 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up the chicken and a potato into similar sized pieces and sautee them with italian spices. It's pretty basic, but really yummy. Just make sure to cook the potato for a while before you add in the chicken. And if it's looking dry, I put in some water so it's part steamed too.

It's quick, cheap, and pretty low calorie. It would be great with veggies added in too :)
  • jacrista
    jacrista Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just had chicken breasts for tea, wrapped in lean bacon, yummy.
  • lorimur
    Options
    Layer chicken on bottom of roasting tin...sprinkle liberally with curry powder and paprika..then onions, carrots, red and green peppers..any vegetables you have to hand ....great served with a big salad...very tasty...
  • SupremeFit
    Options
    Bump
  • kerrydunning
    Options
    Spanish chicken tonight jar is low calorie and very yummy! cook with chicken and veggies and add whatever side veggies salad boiled potatoes or brown rice with it. just recently discovered this!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    sautee mushrooms onions & spinach with a little olive oil & garlic, salt & pepper
    grill chix & top with spinach mixture
    top with some low fat cheddar or mozzarella cheese
    but in oven till cheese melts

This is how I do mine and if I fancy some pasta I will done diced chicken, chopped spinach and spagetti pasta tossed in green pesto, delish!:tongue:
  • kerrydunning
    Options
    also love roasted chicken covered in wholegrain mustard and loads of roasted veg in mustard chicken gravy nom nom
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    cut them up and mariade them,
    cook,add to pitas and stuff with salad! yum

other than that add them too your bra! lol
  • Autumn15
    Options
    I love to grill chicken breast then put on lightly toasted Multigrain bread with fat free mayo, lettuce, garden tomato, half an avacado and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese. It's delicious!!!
  • hsquared87
    Options
    Thank you I was getting so board.