Options

Replies

• WalkTheTalk
    Options
    Bump! Yummy stuff!
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Spray a grill pan or saute pan with pam. Let it get nice and hot. Sprinkle chicken w/ salt and pepper. Put chicken in hot pan and cook till just done and lightly golden on both sides. In a bowl throw in 1 cup spinach, 1 cup coleslaw mix, sliced baby carrots, celery, bell pepper. 1 cup sliced strawberries. 6 chopped almonds. 1T olive oil. 1 T. light balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper. Cube up chicken while warm and toss into salad. Yumm! Another very big favorite...skip vinegar and squeeze 1/2 a lemon into mix. Toss all and eat it till gone. Lick the bowl. :tongue:
  • klewis81
    Options
    California Chicken - Cook chicken in oven for about 25 minutes, then put tomato slice and 1/2 slice of mozzarella on top and cook for a few more minutes. Then slice an avocado and place it on top of the chicken. Be sure to season your chicken before cooking.

I often pound my chicken thin and then make roll-ups. I usually make a mixture of light cream cheese, a small amount of bleu cheese (or feta or gorgonzola) and an herb such as basil or chives. I roll in bread crumbs and cook in the oven.
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump I love all the ideas!
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i put my chicken in the crockpot with a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of cheddar cheese soup. After about 8 hours it just falls apart.....
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • moon_light10
    Options
    I put a chicken breast in a oven proof dish, spread a little bbq sauce on, then a rasher or 2 or turkey, add a little more bbq sauce, cook in oven for 25-30 mins (til chicken is cooked), then add a little grated cheese on top, and put back in oven to melt,
    Serve with a mixed salad.

I have this a lot, and its low in cals
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The Costa Vida sounds delish...
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I cook the chicken until almost done, let cool and make some reduced fat stuffing, cut a slit in the breast and stuff, then poor cream of muchroom soup on top and bake until done.
  • howardmd1
    howardmd1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Accidental repost....no delete option?
  • howardmd1
    howardmd1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just added this to My Recipes and wrote out directions to submit it to the recipe database. The short directions are to just add all of the ingredients below (excluding lettuce), in order, into a large skillet and cook for 10-15 minutes.

Ingredients:
    H.T. Traders - Spicy Pepper Stirfry Oil, 2 Tbsp
    Perdue Fit-N-Easy - Fresh Ground Chicken Breast, 1 container (16 oz ea.)
    Tony Chachere's - Original Creole Seasoning, 2 1/2 tsp (1g)
    Huy Fong - Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, 4 TSP
    Simply Enjoy - Spicy Mandarin Orange Sauce, 2.5 tbsp
    Birds Eye - Broccoli Stirfry Vegetables, 1 container (4.5 cups ea.)

Wrap:
    Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 8 leaf outer

Long Directions:
    Heat the 2 Tbsp of spicy pepper stirfry oil in a large skillet with high sides.

Add entire 16oz container of ground chicken to hot oil. Cook for a few minutes until browned.

Season chicken with creole seasoning. I use a lot, but feel free to use however much you like.

Add sriracha sauce and mandarin orange sauce. (Optional: add juice and zest from 1/2 of an orange). Once again, I use a LOT of sriracha, but feel free to add as much or as little as you like.

Add entire bag of frozen vegetables and cook until tender. I add more sriracha/creole seasoning throughout this process. If frozen vegetables release too much water, add some 2 tsp of corn starch to thicken sauce.

Transfer contents of skillet to large bowl. Serve with large leaves of iceberg lettuce to use as wraps. Makes 4-6 servings. Also great over brown rice, in tortilla wraps, on sub rolls, or just by itself!

Cal
    Carb
    Fat
    Protein
    Total:
    Per Serving: 254
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Buy Kissan - Trandoori Masala Barbecue Spices in the Indian specialty area of your grocery store. Mix together
    Astro - Fat Free Yoghurt, 1/2 cup
    Bertolli's - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp (15ml)

to make a marinade (contains 206 cals, but you won't be eating all of it), marinate chicken overnight. Remove chicken and bake, or cook on top of stove using minimal fat at bottom of pan.

Makes a wonderful Tandori Chicken.
  • canela023
    canela023 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Chicken Rollatini w/ Spinach alla parmigiana : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

Nutrition info: Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

Sauce : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/quick-marinara-sauce.html

Nutrition info: Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 1 pt
    Calories: 51.5 • Fat: 0.8 • Carbs: 9.0 g • Fiber: 1.1 • Protein: 0.1 g

My 7 year old just help me make this the other night and it was delish!!! (and none of us are big spinach fans)
    Paired it with some Smart Pasta-No Yolk Egg Noodles
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    I put 4-5 chicken breasts into my crockpot, about 2 cups of chicken broth, half a jar of Herdez natural salsa, and chili powder, cumin, and some fresh garlic, about 2 cloves finely chopped. About an hour before it is finished, I chop red onions into the pot.

Shred the chicken for tacos. Or make a "taco salad" Black beans, quinoa, and chicken over a bed of spinach and kale with some diced avocado on top...
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just thought of another one! Take a bag of broccoli florets, thawed of course, and layer the broccoli and 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped in a pie dish. Sprinkle your favorite LF cheese on top. Mix the healthy heart bisquick mix, enough to cover, and pour on top. Bake until bisquick is almost fully done and sprinkle more cheese on top and bake the rest of the way through. Delicious!
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe off of some free card I got at the grocers

Chicken Patties: Serves 4

1 large sweet onion chopped
    1tbsp butter
    1lb ground chicken breast
    1 clove garlic minced
    1/4 cup parsley chopped
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 cup brown rice cooked
    1 egg
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 cup rainbow peppers chopped

Directions:
    1.Preheat broiler on high
    2. place foil on baking sheet. spread with oil (I use spray)
    3. in large skillet, cook onions on medium high stirring as needed until tender and golden. Remove from heat.
    4. Mx chicken, garlic parsley, salt, pepper, rice and egg together. Form 8 patties
    5. place patties under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; broil 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to touch.
    6. top patties with carmelized onions and rainbow peppers.

I haven't tried this recipe yet but I'm planning on making them tonight. And I'm going to top them with some avocado instead of the peppers.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    -1 chicken breast, trimmed of fat (organic if you will) and cooked with cooking spray, salt and pepper in a frying pan. We shred it, but dicing would be fine.
    -2 cups corn (frozen fine)
    -2 cups peas (frozen fine)
    -1 can of cream of chicken soup
    -1/3 cup of milk
    -2 tbsp bread crumbs
    -1 tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 450. Mix soup and milk in a bowl. Place chicken and veggies in a 8X8 baking dish. Pour soup and milk mixture over and mix until combined. Mix butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over all.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through.

Serves 4
    300 cals, 39 carbs, 7 fat, 21 protein, 399 sodium

Variations: use any veggies, use 4 cups of broccoli florets, or sprinkle some low fat cheese over before breadcrumbs.

This is a nice recipe for cold nights or make ahead casseroles.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What great ideas. So glad I found this post. Keep those ideas coming, please.
  • sfergie
    Options
    Bump
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    have you used fatfree cream cheese? do that work???
    and have you figure nutrtional facts?
    sounds wonderful:wink: