Chicken Breast ideas!?

Options

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Actually, Google "costa vida chicken recipe". Make it in a crock pot with zesty italian dressing. Great stuff alone, in a salad or in a wrap.

making this today!!!
  • Norton1971
    Norton1971 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tikka mixed into Fromage Frais and spread over the top of a Chicken breast, then grilled. Its really nice.
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    with four kids, disabled honey and working full time, we marinade over night in our favorite dressing(ranch, italian, cesear, honey mustard, etc.) and then to the crock pot for the day, then its ready when i get home! add some steamed veggies(usually use micro steamers) and maybe a salad using the like dressing. yummy and easy!
  • kmpuckett
    Options
    Bump
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump yum!
  • kmpuckett
    Options
    BUMP
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Cube and marinade with EVOO, white wine, fresh rosemary and minced garlic for a few hours. Skewer and grill over a high temp and then serve with spaghetti squash and your favorite marinara recipe.

A green salad with a vinaigrette as a side is a great addition.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This recipe from Epicurious is delicious, easy, quick & healthy. I use boneless/skinless chicken breasts usually, so the goat cheese mixture is simply spread on top and you cook them just as the recipe calls for. Also, my local grocery only has chevre in stock ordinarily and it works well. The calorie/carbs/fat/protein breakdown per 8 oz serving is: 269/5/14/33. Enjoy!

Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Rosemary Bon Appétit | December 1995
    by Dave Tyson: Kingston, Washington
    Yield: Serves 2

2 teaspoons butter
    2 tablespoons chopped shallots
    3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
    3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
    1/2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
    2 large chicken breast halves with skin and bones

Melt 1 teaspoon butter in heavy small skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallots and rosemary and sauté until shallots are tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in goat cheese and pepper. Season to taste with salt. Using fingertips, loosen skin of chicken breasts, leaving skin attached on 1 long side. Spread half of cheese filling over meat and under skin of each breast. Pull skin over filling and secure with toothpick. Rub remaining 1 teaspoon butter over skin, dividing equally. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
    Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/printerfriendly/Chicken-Breasts-with-Goat-Cheese-and-Rosemary-967#ixzz1Z1AbkP9C
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I was trying to find an equivalent to buffalo chicken dip, and here's what I did:

boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled and apart
    Calorie-free butter spray
    Ranch dressing dry mix
    Pampered Chef (g/f is a dealer) buffalo rub (though there's plenty of others that would do)

shake the chicken bits in a plastic container to coat with the powders, and serve however you want. The calorie count is largely dependent upon your chip/wrap(my favorite)/rice delivery system, but as it stands above the calorie and protein "costs" are amazing.
  • suzgyo
    suzgyo Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    ooh im glad you liked it.

you have a crockpot?

chicken breasts on bottom
    can of corn
    can of kidney beans (or whateve ryou like)
    jar of salsa or picante sauce

cook for however long you need to (all crockpots are different)

last 30mins add in a block of light cream cheese - cook till melted

eat plain, over rice, in a wrap...DELICIOUS...

I did that recipe (similar) last week. Big hit!!
  • Meggeler
    Meggeler Posts: 42
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • milersad1323
    milersad1323 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Loving this topic, bump!
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • QueenKatherineElizabeth
    Options
    Chicken Breast + Rotisserie Chicken seasoning + George Foreman = AWESOME

I usually serve it with steamed broccoli.
    Or you could have it with a small amount of baked beans and a small potatoe.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I like to soak chicken in Franks Red Hot Sauce for about an hour then Bake it for about 45 minutes.You can have a nice salad on the side or baked potato.
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I got from Pampered Chef that my husband and I love!

Sweet & Spicy Glazed Chicken

1/3 cup apricot jam
    1 Tbsp lime juice
    1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped {I sometimes use crushed red pepper flakes instead}
    1 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp salt {in the recipe, but I don't add it}
    4 boneles, skinless chicken breasts halves (4-6 oz each)
    1 garlic clove, pressed
    1 Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro

Put the jam in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 30-40 seconds or until melted; add lime juice and jalapeno. Whisk until blended and set the glaze aside.

Combine the chili powder and salt. Flatten chicken to even thickness then rub garlic over the chicken and sprinkle evenly with chili powder mixture.

Heat a 12 in skillet over medium-high heat until hot, lightly spraying the skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes; turn and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink in center, brushing with the glaze as you cook. Sprinkle with cilantro when finished.

Yield: 4 servings

190 calories, 1.5 g Total Fat, 0g Saturated fat, 65mg Cholesterol, 18g Carbohydrate, 27g Protein, 380mg Sodium (I'm sure it's less without the added salt), 0g fiber.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump