[Closed Group] Birds of a Feather...get the flock outta our

Options

Replies

• CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Are we missing a team member? I don't think I've heard from ClareB at all.
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've sent ClareB a couple of messages I hope she replies soon.... Clare if you are reading this, come back to us.... we need your wings!!!!!
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    BTW.... on the spreadsheet I have changed the color of the text for the miles that I have logged with Lee, so its important that when you log your burns you leave them in black so I know how many to update.

Looking forward to seeing everyones burns for this weekend, what are y'all planning on doing???

Have a great weekend!!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling to read the white text on the nearly-white background. Can you change the background colours so we can see the text better?

I've been slacking a bit this weekend but going to try and get out running again this week - its just so cold!!!
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    We need a new team member guys.... anyone know someone that wants to join???
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    UPDATE FROM LEE:

well we are a couple of weeks in and its time to throw in a SPANNER !!!!!!!!!

Here is the up date

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004abdf0de2eadf90575&msa=0&ll=-20.550509,120.234375&spn=46.969193,79.013672

We are going to have an "attack day" on THURSDAY this week

For those new to my games, I like to throw in a "fun" thing here and there !!

ON THURSDAY........... each Captain has the chance to attack another team.

HOW??

PM the team captain of the team you are attacking
    When all of there numbers are in, they MUST give you the miles that their highest Calorie Burner has done.
    Add those miles to your teams totals for that one day (in effect counting an extra person)
    The team being attacked can still count their person with the highest burn as normal......

But next time i might not be so nice !!!
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    OK guys we need to pick a team member from another team to "attack".... basically we get to add their mileage to our team, so does anyone have any other friends in the same challenge on another team, or have you heard of anyone that has some good burns??

The updated map with out logo and most current positions is:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004abdf0de2eadf90575&msa=0&ll=29.53523,27.333984&spn=45.679691,79.013672

It looks like the "FighterFlight" team is out in front so they would be a good team to attack.... any thoughts???

And also any suggestions on game plan??? Is it worth taking that day as a rest day so miles stolen are minimal??
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I don't think there'd be any benefit in having a rest day:

Scenario 1: We do nothing, and team B decide to steal off of us:
    our cals : 0 their cals 0 - difference - 0
    Scenario 2: Our top scorer gets 1000 cals, and team B decide to steal off of us:
    our cals 1000, their cals 1000 difference - 0

the only difference being that in scenario 1, we don't log any calories at all, but in scenario 2 we do.

I don't know anyone in any other team ( at least I don't think so) but aiming for one of the lead teams makes the most sense.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    What about attacking Bullly's team? I don't know which one he is on but lots of know him!
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    We have a new team mate to replace ClareB, please welcome kapeluza!!!!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Let's do this! *FIST PUMP*
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    welcome, welcome.

enough of the niceties, go and exercise *8^)
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    I vote for just doing Thursday as normal and going for the steal. :)

It's been a bit of a slow week for me - trying to readjust to exercising in the winter hours! Dark around 6.30pm sucks - I think I'm going to have to start going back to the gym...

Leila xx
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If we challenge another team, I would suggest that we avoid the top 3 teams because they are the most likely to take a rest day to avoid giving away the miles.

Another suggestion would be to challenge our selfs. That way we can double whomever has the biggest burn.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If we challenge another team, I would suggest that we avoid the top 3 teams because they are the most likely to take a rest day to avoid giving away the miles.

Another suggestion would be to challenge our selfs. That way we can double whomever has the biggest burn.

If that's within the rules then challenging ourselves sounds like a great tactic.
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    The question has already been asked if we can attack ourselves and the answer is No....

So the general consensus is that we still continue as normal and get our regular burns in, and that we should attack any of the teams from 4th place backwards...

Anyone have a particular team in mind???
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    Today is ATTACK DAY.... I have sent a message to the Captain of "Lighter than Air" team and we are attacking Meerkat70... I'll keep y'all posted how we do :)
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Awesome beans - have we been attacked?

It looks like our flying machine hasn't been updated for days....according to the map...
  • Kolohe71
    Options
    Today is ATTACK DAY.... I have sent a message to the Captain of "Lighter than Air" team and we are attacking Meerkat70... I'll keep y'all posted how we do :)
    Did we have to specify which member of the opposing team we were attacking? I thought we just attacked a team and which ever of their members had the largest burn, we got those points?
  • Kolohe71
    Options
    BTW, Because of getting the new tattoo on Saturday my burns have been less than normal, but I'm planning on a LONG paddle tonight so you all should see a decent number from me tomorrow.