[Closed Group] Birds of a Feather...get the flock outta our

Replies

• caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    My bad, it wasn't a specific team member that we attack, just the highest burner.... we got an extra 1719 calories from their highest burner, we have also been attacked by team "Night Wing" so can you please all update your burns today as I need to give her our highest burn as soon as poss.

As far as the map, it has been updated:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004abdf0de2eadf90575&msa=0&ll=30.221102,53.349609&spn=43.671318,79.013672

We are currently heading over toward Cyprus, lets keep those cal burns up and start making some serious progress. This weekend I have yard work, housework and training so hoping to get some good burns in...how about you guys? What is everyone up to???
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    On the map it says we haven't been updated for 6 days!?! Should get a boost then when we do.

I'm running 2 5K races on Saturday, one at 9am and the other at 10am. Not entirely sure how that's going to work out!
    May go for a long run Sunday morning, depends.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    I'm running 2 5K races on Saturday, one at 9am and the other at 10am

vladikavkaz - that sounds absolutely mad!

My plans:
    Saturday - final gardening/mowing/wood chopping before winter sets in
    Sunday - c25k W7D2

and probably some cycling to get about town
  • vladikavkaz
    I usually do the 'parkrun' 5k each Saturday morning at 9am, but this weekend they are also opening one up just up the road to me in Waltham Abbey, with a run at 10am.

I know you're doing the C25k at the moment, and having a look there is a parkrun in Abingdon, don't know if that's miles from where you are or not?

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/abingdon/course

They're good because

a - they're free.
    b - all ranges of people run, from plodders to seasoned athletes.
    c - they're free :o)
  • caligirl2802
    On the map it says we haven't been updated for 6 days!?! Should get a boost then when we do.

I'm running 2 5K races on Saturday, one at 9am and the other at 10am. Not entirely sure how that's going to work out!
    May go for a long run Sunday morning, depends.

WOW.... now that is dedication, good for you... I'm seriously impressed!!!!

I just checked the map, Lee said he updated it yesterday...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004abdf0de2eadf90575&msa=0&ll=30.221102,53.349609&spn=43.671318,79.013672
  • caligirl2802
    My plans:
    Saturday - final gardening/mowing/wood chopping before winter sets in
    Sunday - c25k W7D2

and probably some cycling to get about town

Your Saturday sounds like mine.... I'm getting ready for my friend coming to stay next week.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Going for a LONG canoe paddle on Saturday morning, and then yard work on Sunday. Should get some decent burns from those.
  • vladikavkaz
    Well I ran my two races, finished the first in 20:59, the other 21:46. Disgraceful amount of whisky on Friday night again though :o(

felt a twinge in the back of my leg, and couldn't really walk yesterday evening, so may have to take a couple of days off.
  • caligirl2802
    I need someone that can take over as Captain for me to for a week while I'm out of town.... any volunteers??? It will be from Wednesday this week
  • vladikavkaz
    I'd love to, but Lee bumped me from his friend list. Guess I'm not cool enough for him :o)

Or does it just involve messaging across the totals?
  • caligirl2802
    I'd love to, but Lee bumped me from his friend list. Guess I'm not cool enough for him :o)

Or does it just involve messaging across the totals?

Thanks Vlad, it is just a case of messaging him the totals, and watching on the message board for any updates/challenges....I would really appreciate it if you could do that for me - I'll let Lee know.
  • vladikavkaz
    sure thing, not a problem.
  • vladikavkaz
  • caligirl2802

AWESOME.... thanks. I updated Lee today with our most current miles and updated the spreadsheet, anything that is in blue has been logged with Lee, anything in black HAS NOT been logged with him...
  • caligirl2802
    I'm off on vacation for 10 days after today, so thanks to Vlad for stepping in as team captain... I will do my best to get in as many burns as possible, but I have my best friend from Cali coming to stay so I know there will be much eating and drinking going on.

Hope y'all have a great week and keep flapping those wings as hard as you can, we are a little over half way now!!!!
  • leilaphoenix
    Enjoy your holiday! :) xx
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Hi guys. I'm sorry for not pulling my weight the last couple of days. I've caught a bug off the kids and feel rubbish. Will start flapping again as soon as poss.
  • leilaphoenix
    Are we still playing :( ?
  • vladikavkaz
    I think we've lost a couple of players.. not seen an update for a while. Also Cali hasn't been about, so we're nearly half a team down, unfortunately.

I'm sure we'll get there by Christmas...
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    I'm happy to keep logging, but we seem to have lost our mojo.