New and so far...rudeness

Options
124»

Replies

• Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear it hasn't been the greatest experience. My personal suggestion, based on experience, is find a group of friends who are approximately your age, weight, etc. and rely on THEM for support. I have about 25 and we pep each other up and give each other feedback. These forum threads are good for specific topic questions, but (frankly) there can be a lot of hot air and baloney.

Hang in there, good luck with your journey, and don't worry about any naysayers. You're doing this for you, not for them.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't see anything in that thread that I would consider rude. Was it deleted or something?

Anyway, instead of posting a thread like this and possibly drawing more negative attention to yourself, why not just ignore the comments you you don't like? While it's possible people are purposely being rude , it's also possible you may be taking their comments too personally. Either way, being overly sensitive about things will only hurt yourself. A weight loss journey can be a though one. There will be those who support you and those who may even wan to see you fail. You gotta be tough!
  • shelliroo
    Options
    hey--I just joined this month too--maybe we could encourage one another??
    --Shelli
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    I can truly understand your frustration when you were just asking a question. When you're new to MFP, you don't know the questions that have already been asked, the hundreds of times that some one else who is new may have the same concerns or need information. I haven't been here that long, but we all need to understand when someone first joins, let them ask the same questions or give them information when they ask without being rude.

Please, however, don't look at this as a 'diet', but as a lifestyle. We can all go on a diet, and go off of it just as easily. Changing your lifestyle is so much better! Take care, you will get a lot of support here, and friends to encourage you.
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Yes a couple were rude, but a lot of people defended you and your question, and the moderator took control and clarified the situ on such topics which was good. I didn't know what HCG was till I read the really long answer in the thread (people like that are really helpful and I enjoy their posts)

I say suck it up, and move on.I think she was out for some aggro to be honest and what she really wants is a pie :-) JOKES!

Don't worry chick, take a lot of posts with a pinch of salt and a hell of a lot of humour and you'll not get offended. And ask questions, its how we all learn (apart from the people that already know everything) xxx

Hope everyones posts here have reassured you x
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Has it gotten any better yet?