What is your reason for running?

Options

Replies

• amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It used to be "to see if I could"... now it is "Because I can"
    The alone time helps too!

I totally agree with this. Running is still hard for me but I feel amazing and accomplished when I am done with a run!

So true! It's not so much the running that I love now.. but the feeling I get when I'm done. That "Yeah - I did it!" feeling
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Stress relief. My job tends to be very stressful. I find if I run 4-5 times a week, I am a much happier person.

Of course, losing weight is what really started me running... now I run for the relief it brings.

This is how I started also but now I'm hooked! =)
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I never thought I could run. Granted I still only do it on a treadmill but I feel a great accomplishment when I run for over 5 minutes. Especially since I have never been a runner. I actually ran part of the 2K walk I did in April. It felt great! I hope to be able to move my running outside now that the weather has cooled off.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Runners are HOTT! ;)
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Yeah yall covered it
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Nothing better to defluff my gut.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this. Running is still hard for me but I feel amazing and accomplished when I am done with a run!

ditto
    plus running burns a ton of calorie and i feel great afterward.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    It's a million times cheaper than therapy.

LOVE THIS!!!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love to run because that is when I have my "me" time, I can think about whatever I want. I like knowing that my body is fit, strong and able to run for miles. I set personal goals for myself and I feel so accomplished when I reach that goal, wether it be more miles or a better time.

I also love the high that I get after a good run. It lasts all day.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    This.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    because scary people are chasing me!

no - I am learning to run because it seems like a good bang for the buck, exercise-wise.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

LOVE THIS!!!

I'm not even a little bit kidding. I go on a run and I come back feeling better than I ever did coming out of therapy.
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    zombies

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I've had this as my reason as well! It is so very important to be prepared for a zombie attack!
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Training for a 5K obstacle course event next month, but it is a great calorie burn and it's a great to get "away" from a busy day with the puppy for a bit.
  • drsteph01
    Options
    For the last ten years, my answer was, 'because the Army makes me'! I only ran enough to meet weight standards and pass my physical fitness test. This year I vowed to truly get fit and run faster. Over the last five months, I have discovered that I now run because it makes me feel so alive and full of energy. Two weeks ago I ran my first 10k. I have lost 11 pounds and feel confident that with running and resistance/weight training, I will meet my goals. Can't wait to see how fast I run my two miles at the end of October!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    most definately a stress reliever and a self esteem booster!

I run because it makes me feel good! :bigsmile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    zombies, my father in law being a smart a$s, and because I told myself once I couldn't and I wanna prove myself wrong.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Stress relief. My job tends to be very stressful. I find if I run 4-5 times a week, I am a much happier person.

Of course, losing weight is what really started me running... now I run for the relief it brings.

exactly this!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Agree with the better than therapy posts. I started off running for exercise, and now if I do not run at least 4 times a week I can feel it. My temper is closer to the surface, I don't sleep as well, and I just get over all blagh feeling. I NEED to run to be happy!