What is your reason for running?

Options

Replies

• cornerofgreystreet
    Options
    I run because it makes me feel like nothing else in the world does. There is no other way for me to get the high that running gives me, I love it and am officially addicted.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    zombies

i'm carrying the booze for me n fear for after we're safely out of reach
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I run if there is someone bad chasing me. that is the only reason I can think of.:laugh:
  • bride71412
    Options
    I run because I loooove running in 5ks, 10k, and half marathons. They keep me motivated to keep training and pushing myself. I think it's so fun to run with so many other people! My mom got me hooked on long distance running. She started running about 8 years ago and has qualified and ran in the last two Boston Marathons and my goal is to be there running it with her someday! I love seeing my times improve. I have a 5k this weekend and I'm hoping to PR!

Also, I love being outside. I love running during the fall. I love running when it's raining. And I really, really love running at like 6 in the morning when there are still not that many people out on the roads. So peaceful. Bah! This is making me want to go for a run right now!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Because it is fun and I feel great afterwards (out of breath but happy).
  • MissMichellemybelle
    Options
    Because I'd rather run an extra mile than give up that regular Coca Cola...
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    reminds me of the movie zombieland lol
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I run if there is someone bad chasing me. that is the only reason I can think of.:laugh:

X10!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    This thread is wonderful. I'm in the beginning stages of running. It's been a month since the first time I ran in over a decade. I like feeling accomplished, I love how proud I am when I realize that I just ran a quarter of a mile (like I said, just starting). I like the process of building up my endurance for it.
    I love knowing that I am doing something for ME, to feel better about ME. I spend my whole day making other people happy and taking care of their needs, that quick half hour on the treadmill is just for me, and there is something to be cherished about that.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I run bc i want a sense of accomplishment for myself... even if the scale says a pound higher than yesterday I can go for a run and push a little harder--run a little faster or a little further-- theres ALWAYS an accomplishment :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    What reason gets you out the door everyday?

Cardio is a necessary evil.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Because a bear or a lion is chasing me? .............. Seriously, I can and do work out 10+ hours a week, but I have never been a runner, how do you start? My problem when I do try, within 3 minutes I can't breathe- physically no problem to keep going except I need oxygen.......... any suggestions?
  • 1Highlander
    Options
    zombies

Lol, love that one.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    zombies

Crap wasnt fast enough

brrrraaaaaiinnnsss
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Because a bear or a lion is chasing me? .............. Seriously, I can and do work out 10+ hours a week, but I have never been a runner, how do you start? My problem when I do try, within 3 minutes I can't breathe- physically no problem to keep going except I need oxygen.......... any suggestions?

Your heart and blood vessels (hence cardiovascular exercise) are weak. Practice will make them strong. You only think you need O2 because your heart and blood vessels aren't getting it to your muscles. Start slow. Run as slow as you can. Embarrasingly slow. The slow phase won't last long.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Lose weight. That's it. I'm definitely not a fan of running, but I do it every day.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I'm doing something I never thought I could do :)

YES!!! And because it's the one cardio exercise I can constantly challenge myself on (time, speed, hills, etc).
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Because I don't want the boogie man to catch me!!!!!!!!!!
  • colbiegirl
    Options
    I run to challenge myself. I used to be the kind of person to say, "A mile? That's too far! I CAN'T!" Now, when I get on the treadmill or go out, I say, "A mile? Puh, that's nothing. Kick it up to 3!"

Plus, it keeps me and shape and my heart a-pumpin'. :)
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Its been at least 6 months since I have tried- and I have a great cardiovascular system- especially with all the weight I have lost and all the interval classes I teach. I just figured it was a lung capacity thing- ok I am going to give this a try in the morning :)