C25K 9 Week Challenge

Options
Okay here we go! Each week will involve 3 workouts and I will post the workouts every Saturday evening for the coming week! Each Sunday, we should be posting which workouts we did (i.e. all three or skipped #2 etc.), and our current weight or change in weight. Feel free to use the discussion board to talk about struggles, victories, or anything else relating to the C25K program! Best of luck to all! I'm looking forward to seeing how we all do!

Replies

• auntchelle11
    auntchelle11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For Week One:

Workout 1: Brisk five-minute warmup. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging/ two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
    Workout 2: Brisk five-minute warmup. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging/ two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
    Workout 3: Brisk five-minute warmup. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging/ two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When is it starting? this week?

I have done week 1 of my C25K program 3 times now, and JUST this last week realized that I don't have to run FLAT OUT, I just have to be running! I might actually get to week 2 now! lol

~ Sonia
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I keep procrastinating with my running! You guys might help keep me accountable!
  • andreaashell
    andreaashell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I must be getting my C25k info from a different source, because with what I have looked into, that is week 2. Week one is 60 seconds of jogging 90 seconds of walking...
  • carp1588
    Options
    I would like to do this challenge with you! How do I sign up?
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Got a killer cramp my second week. Still recovering. Is this starting today or Next week?
  • stripedsocks
    Options
    I must be getting my C25k info from a different source, because with what I have looked into, that is week 2. Week one is 60 seconds of jogging 90 seconds of walking...
    Yep, 1/1.5 on what I've read too!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've got the 60 sec/90sec plan too. Completed workout 1 last night. Best of luck to all! I know I'll need it :)
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Oh, for those who are interested there is an app for android (and probably IPhone too) that is basically a timer to tell you when to job, walk and it has all the daily workouts for 9 weeks as well as some other features like a journal...
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    For Week One:

Workout 1: Brisk five-minute warmup. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging/ two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
    Workout 2: Brisk five-minute warmup. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging/ two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
    Workout 3: Brisk five-minute warmup. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging/ two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

W1W1 done :) I did it on the treadmill last night after the other thread started my walking was at 3.0 and my jogging was set at 4.3 but I did the intervals for 30min then did a 10min cool down at 2.5 walking

starting weight is 179.4
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a 5K, but I'm using a program from Fitness Magazine. It's really good! I'm up to 40 minutes in three weeks... and I hadn't been to the gym in four months when I started.

Shannon
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    For Week One:

W1D1 done :) I did it on the treadmill last night after the other thread started my walking was at 3.0 and my jogging was set at 4.3 but I did the intervals for 30min then did a 10min cool down at 2.5 walking

starting weight is 179.4

W1D2 done :) finished it last night on the treadmill :) kept my walking at 3.0 but set my jogging to 4.5 last night ( did 10 min warm up walking then alternated 3min walking with 2min jogging for 30min and a 5min cool down walking 2.5 ) fallowed it all up with strength training. I am feeling it today too my shinn`s are sore. I plan to get day 3 of week 1 done on Saturday and will check back in then.
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Yay Stephyy! Good for you!

I completed Week 1 - day 2 myself!
    3mph warm-up 5 min,
    5mph jog (60 sec.set), 3.5mph walk (90 sec per set) for 20 min,
    5 min cool down 3 to 2.5 mph.

I plan on doing day 3 on Sat as well. I'm going to do strength training today and rest day on Friday and back at it on Sat.

I kind of hate the idea of having a rest day but I know it is important. I was surprised how fatigued my muscles feel doifn it two days in a row and I've been working out 3-4 days a week for a month --not crazy stuff but I didn't think a jog/walk was going to make me feel this way!
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    For Week One:

W1D1 done :) I did it on the treadmill last night after the other thread started my walking was at 3.0 and my jogging was set at 4.3 but I did the intervals for 30min then did a 10min cool down at 2.5 walking

starting weight is 179.4

W1D2 done :) finished it last night on the treadmill :) kept my walking at 3.0 but set my jogging to 4.5 last night ( did 10 min warm up walking then alternated 3min walking with 2min jogging for 30min and a 5min cool down walking 2.5 ) fallowed it all up with strength training. I am feeling it today too my shinn`s are sore. I plan to get day 3 of week 1 done on Saturday and will check back in then.

W1D3 finished :) and some extra lol 20min just isn`t long enough for me to be at the gym but I kept the same intervals of walk/jog with a nice warm up and cool down :)

will start week 2 on Tuesday

thank you jlc1243 and yay on your week 1 as well
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi! this is something that I would like to do...but Iam not that familiar with C25K...Can someone please explain it to me?

Thanks so much in advance.
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    Hi! this is something that I would like to do...but Iam not that familiar with C25K...Can someone please explain it to me?

Thanks so much in advance.

yep check here it will show you all the info you need :)

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    I've been hitting a roadblock this past weekend. I'm supposed to run 50 minutes, but I keep finding ways to avoid doing it. Race day will be exciting and that will push me through it, but mentally I'm being stubborn about the training now.

Any motivating tips to help me overcome this?

Shannon
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Completed Week one on Saturday.

On to Week 2 today!
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    doing D1W2 tonight :)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    I finally worked up the motivation to do my 50 minute run. My legs are killing me today, but I'm proud that I did it! I did 3.25miles, which is a little bit slow in terms of pacing. HOpefully, I'll do better within the next two weeks so I'm ready for race day!:-D

Shannon