• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    good luck on the race :)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Finished my second 5K today!!!!

I ended up walking and running it, just like my first 5K in the spring. This one was hilly, though.

In the spring, I ended up #40 out of 78 participants and my time was 43:20.

This time I was #215 out of 280. My time was 44:11. I was a little disappointed by the time, but the last hill was a real killer! I'll have to up my hill training next time.

Shannon
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    great job on the race hills are a killer I had to jog out side today due to the gym being closed and the hills made it so much harder.

D1W4 done :) Day#2 on Tuesday
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    But you did it! And that is just so great!

D1W4 done on Sunday nite. I hated every second of it! :-) I'm at the point where I'm starting to think that this running thing is just not for me. But I did it and I'm going to stick with it! I really need to try to run outside the treadmill is just getting to boring for me.

Doign Day 2 on Tuesday as well. Tonight is eitehr yoga or strength training. I think I need some upper body work!

Have a great day ladies!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    I'd really like to do another 5K before winter sets in. I live in the Northeast, so winters are pretty harsh here. I suppose there aren't many 5Ks inside, probably too boring.:-P

Shannon
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    D2W4 finished last night since I had the option to go to the gym. It was torcher last night though I felt wonderful when I started then after that first 5min run my shines started to hurt like no other. I finished it but wow was that painful (learned my lesson no more back to back running nights I`ll opt for a different exercise).

Will do day 3 On Saturday to give my legs some needed rest
  • jlc1243
    Options
    I'm on plan to do D2W4 tonight but I'm dreading it. I know I need to keep this up, but I'm not feeling it today. I'm going to at least try but I'm not looking forward to it... :(
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    So... with winter fast approaching and 5K options dwindling in the area, what do you guys do to keep motivated during the off-season months? I'm going to miss 5Ks, because it gave me something to train for.....

Shannon
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Oh gosh, I'm having a hard time staying motivated in general! LOL! Maybe try to aim to decrease your time or increase your distance as a personal goal. Or maybe spend the time trying out some new stuff in addition to running.
  • jlc1243
    Options
    I finished day 2 of week 4 without issue last night. I guess I'm still in this! I think I'm going to do 30DS tonight since my DVD arrived and take a rest day friday and start up again on Sat to finish week 4. Stay movin ladies ;)
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    sorry I haven`t checked in but I`m starting D1W5 tonight wish me luck
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Good luck Steph!

I finished week 4 yesterday and it seemed like a breeze; so much better than when I started week 4! I'm going to start week 5, probably on Tuesday and I'm feeling pretty energized. But, I think I need some upper body work tonight!
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    thankyou
    and OMG the first day of week 5 felt awesome I actualy did more than the program asked for because I was just really enjoying it (strange since last weeks day one hurt).

I did 45min total start to finish
    5min warm up walk
    7min jogging
    60-90sec walking Just enough to bring my HR back down alittle before starting again
    10min jogging and kept this up the entire time
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Did D1W5 last night, pretty good, but still a little winded at times. I also used my new sneakers so my feet were a little tingly, hope it get's better as I break them in a little.
  • jlc1243
    Options
    D2W5 down as of Wednesday. Really scared of day 3...not sure if I am ready to run for 20 min straight. Hoping to muster the courage to complete it tomorrow (Sat.). Hope you ladies are doing well!
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    day 2 w 5 done and going into day 3 on Saturday as well wishing us all luck :)
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    week 5 is done :) and I`m so impressed to have gotten it done and feeling great today :)
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Good for you Steph! I slacked and did not compelte week 5 last week. It was part laziness, part terror and a little not having the time this weekend. Aiming to do it today. I have to keep going!

Let me know how week 6 goes, I bet it will feel like a breeze after D3of week 5!!
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    thanks hope your last day on week 5 flys by as well as mine did.

day 1 week 6 is done and I had alittle ruffer time with it than I would have liked but TOM is here and I was crampy while running so I`m sure that had most to do with it. Can`t believe we are more than half way threw the program already :)
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Finally finished Week 5. It was not as bad as I had dreamt it up to be! But oddly tho, I am having a little pain in my knees, which is new to me! But, not too bad. I'm actually looking forward to getting a jump on week 6 so I can catch myself up. I unfortunately will have to do a bunch of days back to back to so I can complete week 6 without being behind! This means cross training may have to wait and I can get back into my normal routine next week.

Keep plugging away ladies. Thanks for keeping me motivated! Much luck to you!