C25K 9 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Completed week 2 Day 1 last night. It seemed to go by faster. Let's hope that continues as I move on!

Warm-up 3 MPH (5 min)
    Run: 5 MPH (90 sec each)
    Walk: 3.7 MPH (2 min each)
    Cool down: 3.5(21/2 min)-2.5 MPH (5 Min)

@Sweet13: good for you, that sounds great. I bet you will do just fine come race day!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done last night and it felt great while doing it but my shins hurt today but takeing today as a rest day from this so they should be upto day 3 on Saturday morning.
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I must be getting my C25k info from a different source, because with what I have looked into, that is week 2. Week one is 60 seconds of jogging 90 seconds of walking...

You're right, this is week two. I'm on week two now myself
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm scheduled for a 40 minute run. I think I might con my hubby into a food rub afterwards!;-)

Shannon
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Good Job Stephyy!

I'm set to do W2D2 tonight. Did some strength training yesterday so I hope that doesn't cause me pain an frustration tonight!

@sweet...I hope you meant a foot rub? Food rub sounds dirty ;)

So is it really just the 3 of us on this thread doing this?

And it sounds like Stephy is way ahead of us...But I like to think I can get there too! I like the inspiration!
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Did Week 2 day 2 last night!
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    I`m starting to think it is just the 3 of us here

I did the eliptical last night to give my shins a break and I was going to hold off on day 3 until Saturday but I am kid free tonight so I think I may do w2d3 tonight that way I can get w3d1 in on Monday after a good few days off kwim.
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    wow tonight felt great my shins didn`t bother me at all tonight which is awesome :) and I upped my speed alittle during the jogging times :) so day 3 of week 2 is in the books for me :) starting week 3 on Sunday
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    @sweet...I hope you meant a foot rub? Food rub sounds dirty ;)

He he... you're right. *naughty grin* I did mean foot rub though. We're too worried about food all of the time on here.*LOL*

I ran 40 minutes yesterday. I did awesome the first half hour, doing a 12 minute mile pace, but the last ten was a killer.... my time really suffered.

Does this mean I'm not pacing myself enough?

Shannon
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    day one week 3 is finished :)
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Week 2 finally finished. took me a few extra days but it's over.

Stephyy, how'd you first day of week 3 go...I'm onto week 3 tonight and I'm a little nervous about it!
  • jlc1243
    Options
    I ran 40 minutes yesterday. I did awesome the first half hour, doing a 12 minute mile pace, but the last ten was a killer.... my time really suffered.

Does this mean I'm not pacing myself enough?

Shannon
    [/quote]

Maybe, but it's nice to try to see how far you can go. try slowing it down a little at the beginning and speeding up towards the last 10 min and see if it helps any. I'm by no means a runner, so my advice is not based on any personal knowledge! I'd kill to be able to run 30 without walking. I'm only up to 90 secs at that pace! :)
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    Week 2 finally finished. took me a few extra days but it's over.

Stephyy, how'd you first day of week 3 go...I'm onto week 3 tonight and I'm a little nervous about it!

actualy I was really surprised that I wanted to keep on jogging after the 3min but with how my shins seem to get really sore at the start of each week I kept with the program and only did 3min jog and 3min walking (however I did this for 45min instead of 20). I am going to get day two in tomorrow my dh has to work late tonight so not sure I can make the gym with 3kids at home but my MIL will have them tomorrow for me :)
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    D2W3 done :)
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Good Job Stephyy! How are your shins feeling? I noticed some pain in my last night, but it seemed to subside this morning- thank fully!

Week3 day 1 completed last night. Boy did I sweat big time, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Circuit training tonight and day 2 on Week 3 tomorrow.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Maybe, but it's nice to try to see how far you can go. try slowing it down a little at the beginning and speeding up towards the last 10 min and see if it helps any. I'm by no means a runner, so my advice is not based on any personal knowledge! I'd kill to be able to run 30 without walking. I'm only up to 90 secs at that pace! :)

Thanks for the feel good vibes. I think we all expect too much of ourselves. You guys keep me grounded!:-)

I was annoyed at how lazy I was Friday-Monday. I didn't work out at all. The race is this weekend, so I'm tempted to push myself, but at the same time I know most people hold off the last few days before a big race.

I compromised tonight and did Yoga. At least I got off my butt!*LOL*

Shannon
  • stephyy4632
    Options
    I have always wanted to try yoga just haven`t done it yet

I got in w3d3 tonight and some and well ya I`m sore lol but tomorrow is shopping night here after I get the kids out of school and Friday night is family night (going out to dinner) and Saturday is my strength training day so I needed to get it in so I could start week 4 on Sunday :)

I am so excited to see how I am with the 5min run/jog.

Keep up the great work ladies and I`ll check back in on Sunday afternoon if not sooner :)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    I just received my number for my 5K this weekend... number 29! I'm so excited!:-D

I've been really light this week with workouts. I don't want muscle soreness or to be too tired out for the race. I'm thinking of doing a 30 minute run tonight and a little bit of yoga at home afterwards to stretch out.

Shannon
  • jlc1243
    Options
    #29 is a great number! Good luck --you'll do great Princess!

I finished day 2 of week 3 last night. It's crazy that my feet hurt so bad just from wearing a different kind of sock. Won't use those ones for running anymore. Ugh! I think week 3 has been going by easier, so here's to hoping it only gets easier from here. Think I'm going to try to finish up week 3 tonight and start week 4 on Sunday.

Yoga always kicks my butt, but I love it. Tuesday I did some strength training, abs and 10 min of yoga stretching. So relaxing! I would love to go to a class but I just can't with my crazy life. I'm lucky to get my 30 mins in--but I'm not going to give up my 30 min! This is why I want to be able to run for 30 min no stop!!!!

Happy Thursday Ladies!
  • jlc1243
    Options
    Finished week 3 last night. Not sure why but I struggled a lot more last night. Not really the stamina part so much as my legs just didn't seem to want to cooperate. I started pretty late in the day, so I think my body was ready to rest not run! However, I finished it and felt great after! I am a little scared for week 4- running for 5 min non-stop. Seems like I'm not ready for it yet. But, I will at least try. Maybe I'll slow down my pace some. I'll jump back in on Sunday with week 4.

Good luck this weekend on the race Sweet13!