Rewards for weight loss?!?

Options
124»

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I plan on rewarding myself every 10lbs. I think I'll try to stay from food rewards. I massage sounds good. And of course I will eventually have to buy a few new clothes. When I reach my ultimate goal I'm going on a big clothes shopping spree.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    When I hit 150 I'm getting a tattoo

This ^ when I finally got below 200, first time in like 10yrs or more.

Nipples pierced around that time too.

I found when I was at a healthy size, I started doing things that I wouldn't be embarassed about when I took my shirt off.
    A little reward for me, and a little reason to showoff my new self.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    When I get to 195 (that's 85 lbs lost and only 13 lbs away!) I will go horseback riding.
    When I reach my final goal of 139 I'm thinking of getting a tattoo. Two of them actually.

Of course clothes along the way have been a necessity and not really a reward!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    When I feel bikini confident (I'm thinking around 60kg/132lb) I'm going to learn to surf. :D

I haven't set mini-rewards along the way, but I have a feeling they'll involve "clothes!"
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    oh yeah I totally forgot when I lose 189 lbs...we are going to disneyworld with the kiddos...actually I believe once I get into onderland...113lbs left to go to get there...we are hoping in 2 years :)
  • RebelBrew
    Options
    rewards as I go here and there I will reward myself for just being happy about my self and how good I feel. Buying new cloths is a given I'm not going to wear my triple X shirts because I have them I would be swimming in them . End game is Disneyland and a tattoo.
  • LAdani
    LAdani Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    While being fit is the ultimate reward, I still like to reward my hard work with material rewards.

I typically have the problem of eating when bored or trying to avoid something (like studying) so I posted my list of rewards on the fridge so that I can see it each time I go to the fridge. It reminds me to ask myself, am I actually hungry or just bored.

Also, the nice thing about material rewards is that each time you see it you are reminded of what you have accomplished. When I accomplished one of my past non-weight loss related goals my parents got me a gold watch. Sometimes during the day I notice it and it reminds me how hard I worked to accomplish that goal and if I was able to do that then I can put the same work effort into the task at hand.

So, here are mine:

-20lbs: Weekend in Vegas
    -30lbs: Concert Ticket
    -40lbs: New jeans
    -45lbs: Small Tattoo
    -50lbs: Cabo Vacation
    -55lbs: LV handbag
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I bought myself an infusion go mug for my herbal tea when I had lost my first 10 lbs. I couldn't justify the price just because I wanted it but as a reward it made sense.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    If I keep up 3 pounds every 8 days, I get a pepperoni stick. If I make it to all my goals (weight loss by 11/9/11, and then p90x for 5 months straight till 4/9/12) my girl and I are going to a indoor/outdoor waterpark resort for my 21st
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i've always had such a hard time coming up with "rewards" for myself, since losing weight is the most important thing to me, anyway.

but lately i've bought a lot of new clothes, since my old ones have become so big on me. not exactly a reward, it just came out of necessity.

although, in the past i've bought myself a video game or something like that. i rarely buy myself things, so in my head i'll usually rationalize it like, "i've lost x amount this week, so i'll treat myself," etc.

i'm most tempted to "reward myself" with a binge. but i've come to realize that it ends up being more of a punishment than anything, so i've done my best to get rid of that sort of mentality.
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with Pandora beads.........This was if i am having an off day I just look at my bracelet and it gives me the motivation. probably a little mind over matter but what ever it takes..........First I rewarded myself for every 5 pounds now it is every 10 and eventually it will be at 25 lbs since they can be expensive. But another thing about buying the beads is it makes it very personal and i buy charms or beads relevant to something else like my grandchildren or my hubby or even inspirational ones. It is something I will have along with my life long journey........So when you choose to reward yourself (and you deserve to) think of something you actually love and will have forever. good luck in your journey............

This is exactly what I'm doing, only I'm using cheap Hobby Lobby charms *lol* But all of my charms are meant to be inspirational.
  • crobinson3
    crobinson3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    After I got too my goal weight I treated myself to a trip to Las Vegas.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!