Feeling like the worst person ever

Options

Replies

• Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Tell the douche to chill the eff out and not get his panties in a twist.

And not EVERYTHING has to be important to the both of you. Promise.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Tell the douche to chill the eff out and not get his panties in a twist.

And not EVERYTHING has to be important to the both of you. Promise.

Love the pic! Great movie!
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i know they do- and they have only once in their lives been left at home for an extended period of time for a funeral 2 states away that we were at- 4 hours there, 4 hours back, 1 hour funeral, 1 hour interment, that all of our friends/family were at. Unavoidable. I have had animals all my life and love them dearly, I spend more money on them than I do myself, and never mistreat them
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Steal 30-40% of his DVD collection and break up with him.
    -wtk

:laugh:

Ok seriously though, it was an accident, they'll be fine. He needs to not go overboard on the pissed-off meter. If he can't let it go and it comes up again, perhaps he needs to be reminded that YOU have a lot going on and things that are important to you on your mind!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I think you should hurry up and marry him and make his life a living hell.
  • emilydmac
    Options
    I think you should hurry up and marry him and make his life a living hell.

hahahaha right!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My other suggestion, have that fiance train his freaking dogs so they don't have to be crated.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    [They were 'fine'?? ... AFTER 10 HRS ??? Are you kidding me?

We used to leave our dog (a pit bull) for about 10 hours a day (occasionally longer when unavoidable) and she did just fine. Sometimes she didn't even need (or want) to go out when we got home, and almost never went in the house...at least not till she was sick the last few months of her life, and couldn't control it..

Its not an ideal situation though, and for that reason, we don't plan to get another dog anytime soon. We also have a pretty big house (she had the run of it) and yard. Apartments and dogs are another story though - that's a lot more work!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    My other suggestion, have that fiance train his freaking dogs so they don't have to be crated.

And THIS!
  • emilydmac
    Options
    the funny thing is- they love their crates, they have bones and chew toys in there
    We never used the crates as punishment so it is just somewhere they like to be- half the time we are home, they lay in the crates (which are wide open) out of choice
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    the funny thing is- they love their crates, they have bones and chew toys in there
    We never used the crates as punishment so it is just somewhere they like to be- half the time we are home, they lay in the crates (which are wide open) out of choice

My boyfriend had this philosophy, and its true, dogs are den animals, they like it, but if the dogs can be left with the crates open they'll be able to stretch and you won't have to worry about them being crated so long...
  • emilydmac
    Options
    My boyfriend had this philosophy, and its true, dogs are den animals, they like it, but if the dogs can be left with the crates open they'll be able to stretch and you won't have to worry about them being crated so long...

ah yes- have tried that many times, to the result of nearly all of my shoes, the rug, the legs of the tables and chairs and my computer cord being chewed to pieces.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am older than you and speak from experience. It appears your boyfriend is a control freak. Since you are working two jobs, going to school, have no dogs and the apartment is yours, put him out with his dogs. He will never change. He will always react to things such as this in the same manner and it will only get worse. If he takes the dogs out around 6 or 6:30, it is a waste of time to take them out again at 7:00. He requires this from you because he is a control freak. Run, do not walk, run away from this person.
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    I am older than you and speak from experience. It appears your boyfriend is a control freak. Since you are working two jobs, going to school, have no dogs and the apartment is yours, put him out with his dogs. He will never change. He will always react to things such as this in the same manner and it will only get worse. If he takes the dogs out around 6 or 6:30, it is a waste of time to take them out again at 7:00. He requires this from you because he is a control freak. Run, do not walk, run away from this person.

*clapping*
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this. Absolutely.

Let's just ignore the dog issue, and focus on the control freak issue.

HE WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER CHANGE. It will NOT happen. Even if this situation gets "worked out", another one will come up. and so on, forever.

YOU DESERVE BETTER. And, believe it or not, there are better men out there, available, and just waiting for the opportunity to be an equal partner in a relationship.
  • emilydmac
    Options
    YOU DESERVE BETTER. And, believe it or not, there are better men out there, available, and just waiting for the opportunity to be an equal partner in a relationship.

^thank you :) very kind words
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Can't someone have a bad day, guys? Wow.

For people who don't know either person and have only heard one side you are very quick to judge this man and this relationship.

OP, he needs to train his dogs.
  • livnlite
    Options
    i know they do- and they have only once in their lives been left at home for an extended period of time for a funeral 2 states away that we were at- 4 hours there, 4 hours back, 1 hour funeral, 1 hour interment, that all of our friends/family were at. Unavoidable. I have had animals all my life and love them dearly, I spend more money on them than I do myself, and never mistreat them

Unavoidable ? Sorry, don't buy that either. If that were me, I would make arrangements to address their comfort (like I would with my own kids). Get a neighbour or a family member to come in and relieve them or have someone dog sit. I wouldn't even consider going anywhere with no plan in place to take care of their needs. .. but that's just me. Dogs basic needs are simplistic but not so simplistic that they should be forced to just wait for it until it's convenient.

You may very well be a wonderful caring person .. but to knowingly leave an animal that long without comfort breaks .. is NOT proper care or 'fine'. THAT is factual .. not just an opinion.

What saddens me is ...
    People do it all the time .. and think it's perfectly acceptable, because THEY feel the dog is just 'fine'. I don't think so.
    Some think is also perfectly acceptable to tie a dog up in the yard in 100+ temps with no shade or water supply...because they are just a dog. I don't think so.
    I can go into all kinds of abusive cases where people 'think' their dogs are just 'fine' .. and they are most certainly NOT fine.

Please, Please, Please .. I implore you .. Think of those dogs not from YOUR own perspective but from THIERS and be empathic to their basic needs. If you can't be home to let them out during the day..make other arrangements. Keep in mind, as dogs age, they experience the same bladder control and lack thereof as aging people do. Incontinence is devastating for a dog on even a higher level than a human. Their need to please their masters is over the top .. and if they 'relieve themselves" where they have been trained not to, they are devastated. Just the same as people.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

*clapping*

Sounds like Transferance to me....Is he guilty about something and is shifting blame. Just wondering.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

And this is why HE needs to tend to HIS dogs.