soooo um...is ANYBODY else freaking out about this?!

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If you read the article, there is an approximately 1 in 3,200 chance of any one human being getting hit.

lmao. where. where in my original post did i say i PERSONALLY was worried bout me, one human, getting hit by this thing. read the original post. a lot of you guys are taking this post entirely too seriously.

Actually, you did say you were freaking out about this.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/nasa-satellite-expected-to-hit-earth-this-week/2011/09/18/gIQARnpVdK_story.html

because i am. there's so many complications that could come with a satellie entering and hitting the earth. what if it hits a heavily populated city? what if it hits an ocean and causes a tsunami? am i overthinking it? this thing is 12,500 bloody tons!

"soooo um...is ANYBODY else freaking out about this?! *insert link* because i am.

Usually using "I" means you're talking about yourself.

and apparently sarcasm doesn't translate well via text.

Actually, you're correct. Sarcasm does not translate well via text at all. It's extremely difficult to get it across without the deadpan delivery.

clearly. i'm correct. about. everything. victory is mine. now away with you.

More punctuation doesn't make sarcasm work.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    If you read the article, there is an approximately 1 in 3,200 chance of any one human being getting hit.

lmao. where. where in my original post did i say i PERSONALLY was worried bout me, one human, getting hit by this thing. read the original post. a lot of you guys are taking this post entirely too seriously.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/nasa-satellite-expected-to-hit-earth-this-week/2011/09/18/gIQARnpVdK_story.html

because i am. there's so many complications that could come with a satellie entering and hitting the earth. what if it hits a heavily populated city? what if it hits an ocean and causes a tsunami? am i overthinking it? this thing is 12,500 bloody tons!

"soooo um...is ANYBODY else freaking out about this?! *insert link* because i am.

Actually, you're correct. Sarcasm does not translate well via text at all. It's extremely difficult to get it across without the deadpan delivery.

now that wasn't sarcasm. i sincerely meant that part
  • infamousmk
    Options

Less punctuation doesn't make me go away, either.
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I play call of duty, and someone on the other team gets a rocket, I assume the rocket is going to hit me. So this plummeting satellite? I'm pretty sure I'm getting hit by it. I wonder how long it takes to respawn in real life?

And they say video games can't prepare us for the future.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

Less punctuation doesn't make me go away, either.

either way, you're making my day go by quicker. matters not to me.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

it's lies and blasphemy i tell you..
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Right?!?! all you do is run inside a building when you see it on your radar. That assuming they aren't jamming up the radar!
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

Right?!?! all you do is run inside a building when you see it on your radar. That assuming they aren't jamming up the radar!

hahahaha...ahh :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm a former Rocket Scientist or anything *cough* but whatever does survive reentry most likely will be too small for you to worry about. Unless, of course it's the off chance that it hits you right square in the head.

Meteors hit our atmosphere all the time. All we usually do is look up and go "ooooo, pretty!" :)

I'm gonna go with him
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Not that I'm a former Rocket Scientist or anything *cough* but whatever does survive reentry most likely will be too small for you to worry about. Unless, of course it's the off chance that it hits you right square in the head.

Meteors hit our atmosphere all the time. All we usually do is look up and go "ooooo, pretty!" :)

I'm gonna go with him

I'm definitely following anyone that says they're a former Rocket Scientist on the internet!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

I'm gonna go with him

I'm definitely following anyone that says they're a former Rocket Scientist on the internet!
    I work with rocket scientists. Trust me, they aren't all they're cracked up to be.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

I'm gonna go with him

I work with rocket scientists. Trust me, they aren't all they're cracked up to be.

neither are samurais.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

They stated once it hits the atmosphere and makes its decent it'll mostly burn up with pieces breaking off. It won't be 12.5 tons hitting anywhere at once.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

They stated once it hits the atmosphere and makes its decent it'll mostly burn up with pieces breaking off. It won't be 12.5 tons hitting anywhere at once.

this thread is a complete joke my dear
    on another note. i LOVE your picture. so awesome lol
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    after working with the government on a few projects, its not anything falling from space that you need to worry about..... just sayin'!
    ^^ :laugh: and all governments are as bad as each other..

Nope, I won't be worrying. there is always a scare story out there.. remember the millenium? and yet here we are.
    Live life for today, tomorrow you might be hit by a bus.. or whatever.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Nope, I figure when my time is up, it's up, although getting hit by a satellite isn't a way I would think I could go, it's to small to cause a tsunami and I don't live near any oceans. Hitting a populated city could be very bad. I hadn't really thought anymore about it until I read your post, but still not worried.

p
    But what if you are in a plane and it's the pilot's time to go? LOL
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    Nope, I figure when my time is up, it's up, although getting hit by a satellite isn't a way I would think I could go, it's to small to cause a tsunami and I don't live near any oceans. Hitting a populated city could be very bad. I hadn't really thought anymore about it until I read your post, but still not worried.

p

LMFAO! now that's just some sh***y timing.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    p

LMFAO! now that's just some sh***y timing.

Then that will suck for me and a lot of others. LoL
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I read ; Nasa has control over it and has aimed it for a body of water. If you are taking a cruise maybe you should worry, if not....
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it'l land in Florida. Everything insanely stupid happens here. Don't worry. Thanks for reminding me to up my life insurance policy. :smile: