• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Once every couple of weeks.
  • miss_christine
    miss_christine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Every. Dang. Day.

Sometimes - I don't trust the number - so I step on 2 or 3 more times.

:bigsmile:

what she said.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Im bad. I go on it every Morning and every evening before bed. I know I shouldnt but i always do

Me too. I like to see where I am at in the evening and I know how much I usually lose over night, so the number in the morning is rarely a surprise.
  • papa5280
    Options
    I'm NOT obsessive/compulsive.

Now that I got that out of the way, I weigh myself multiple times per day. It's not because I obsess over the number, but because I want to understand my body's rhythms. So, If I'm at 181 in the morning, it's OK that I'm at 183 at night...I know that I'll lose two pounds overnight. And, if not, it will work out over time. I'm eating right, exercising right...the rest will come.

But, I'm a numbers guy by profession & temperament. I just like having a lot of data points.

The general advice is to only do it weekly..at the same time of day.

And, I'm STILL not OCD. But, I did have to sort my M&Ms into colors before I ate them (back when I ate them). :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Once a month. Then I know any changes I have made have been allowed enough time to be effective (or not!)
  • turtleskye
    Options
    I have to agree that i weigh myself every morning and post it once a week on Fridays. im considering only weighing myself once a week and only posting every other week. I have found that when i weigh myself every day i tend to not stick to only posting on my set day. I get all antsy or something lol.
  • blarics11
    Options
    my scale is my Wii fit board so I do it every morning when i do my body test
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have an app on my phone that I enter my weight into every morning. There is a graph. With the spike days I look at my diary to see what I had the previous day.
  • lessardstroud
    Options
    Every. Dang. Day.

what she said.

Are we twins? lol ... Ditto!
  • I used to weigh every morning, but it varied my 2-3 pounds daily... It was driving me crazy and I was getting discouraged if the scale increased... So now I weigh once a week... Every Monday morning.... before eating or drinking anything and naked! LOL... I used to do Marketing for a gym... they did coaching there and it was customary to weigh in once a week and get your measurements taken every two weeks... In the first 2 weeks on here I was very discouraged cause I didn't see a change on the scale.. But then took my measurements and was down 5 1/2 Inches... Yay!!! Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend... I am more than happy to dish out encouragement daily! I have to say logging on and having the support of others in the same boat keeps u motivated...
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that among people trying to lose weight, those who weigh themselves every day lose more than those who weigh themselves less frequently. I tend to weigh myself on most days; sometimes I weigh myself a few times in one day. If you do weigh yourself daily, be prepared for inconsistent results: My weight can vary by up to 5 pounds in a single day. Understand that weighing yourself daily does not accurately show your weight loss--the fact you're two pounds lighter than two days earlier doesn't necessarily mean you lost any weight. However, if you're following the recommended eating plan for losing weight from myfitnesspal, you'll most likely lose weight. When you look at your daily results for the last few weeks, then you'll know how well you're progressing in losing weight. Good luck.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Every. Dang. Day.

^ This..LOL
  • champ358
    champ358 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Every morning before breakfast. I find that watching small swings help me to understand the importance of daily exercise and of not "grazing" in the evening. The .2 or .4 loss is very motivating to me. As is the same type of gain.
  • sheltielover
    sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the quick responses! glad to hear im not alone w/ weighing daily, but i think ill just pick one day of the week to log in on MFP.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I try to do it 2-3 times a day. I'm not obsessive, like someone above said, I want to understand how my body works better. How much fluid do I retain? How much do I lose sleeping? That being said, sometimes I get busy and don't weight myself for a few days, but mostly I do it once in the morning and once in the evening. My weight usually fluxates about 4 lbs throughout the day.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    when i was loosing, i weighed morning and night but only logged on sundays, now i am mainiaining and weigh a few times a week.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Every. Dang. Day.

lol if i had a scale i would too!!
  • DLMcCutchen79
    DLMcCutchen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Every. Dang. Day.

I do the same thing. Only I weigh myself multiple times a day. I'd say I weigh myself at least 10 times a day on average. I only count my weight from Wednesday morning as soon as I get up and I only count that weight if I weighed the same thing Tuesday morning. So if on Tuesday morning I weighed 187.8 but Wednesday morning I weighed 187.4 I would report my weight as being 187.8. I figure if I get the same thing two mornings in a row it should be accurate. I know I probably put way too much thought into it but hey it's working for me!!!