how often do you weigh yoursel?

Options

Replies

• beaverneiv184
    beaverneiv184 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Daily, and I record it Daily. I view MFP as a day-to-day program, and every day is a new start, so I weigh every day (good or bad!) and let me tell you, some times I know I gained, and it is hard to get on the scale, but those are the most important days to do it, so that I can get back on track!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    several times a day, I like to see the dynamics...
  • ajm07
    ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Every morning and every night. My diet is so regular right now that based on the nightly scale I pretty much know what I'll be in ther morning (usually drops by about 1 kg).
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Every. Dang. Day.

Sometimes - I don't trust the number - so I step on 2 or 3 more times.

:bigsmile:

Lol me too!
  • macw1_2000
    macw1_2000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ha!!! I weigh myself every time I walk into my closet. I'm completely obsessive about it - it's ridiculous actually. Not that the scale changes all that much if I pee or blow dry my hair or eat. I LOG IN the weight on Monday morning though - it fluctuates too much during the day for me to take it too seriously.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    But if you weighed yourself everyday, wouldn't you get discouraged if say you gained a couple of pounds? Especially when on days when you thought you had exceptionally well only to find out you hadn't? Just wondering.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week.......Monday morning.....after loo and before food completely naked.......:wink:
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Once a week. Less than that and I am too lenient on myself (skipping workouts, not tracking meals, etc...). More than that and I get obsessive about it (weighing myself 5-6 times a day and freaking out over the slightest change).
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    And, I'm STILL not OCD. But, I did have to sort my M&Ms into colors before I ate them (back when I ate them). :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

That's not normal? I could have sworn that was normal!
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Every. Dang. Day.

Sometimes - I don't trust the number - so I step on 2 or 3 more times.

:bigsmile:

Ditto! It's so annoying to see a different number pop up everytime you step on!!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Every morning now that I bought a new scale. Talk about a blow to your physchy when you step on the scale and it dies. Mine got played on by too many kids repeatedly wanting to know if they'd grown yet. Need it to stay on track.
  • loripeters1961
    Options
    I weigh daily...it helps me to stay on track.
  • Corpsebride08
    Corpsebride08 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Tuesday morning @ my doctor's office. :wink:
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up. I use the hacker's diet website to track the trend, and have an excel spreadsheet.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Twice a week. On Monday so I can see if there are any consequences from my cheat meal. And Friday so I can see if my week of workouts paid off.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Currently, every few weeks.

I used to do it Saturday mornings.

If I did daily, the fluctuation would be pretty discouraging, but I found once a week a more realiable/accurate measurement.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I workout, in underwear and a tshirt; before I have eaten
  • cownancy
    Options
    Once a week, same day, try to do it same time. Also I weight in every time I go to the nutritionist or WLS doctor. When I first started going to the doctor, I wasn't permitted to weight myself at home at all. The scale number is not supposed to be as important as learning to pursue my nutritional and exercise goals. Your weight can fluctuate as much as 8-10 pounds per day and it will drive you nuts if you weight yourself daily.
  • zoodalia
    Options
    Every morning, I couldn't go all week not knowing whether I was on track or not.
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I personally weight myself WAY too much. Probably around three times a day (once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once at night). It sounds weird but it's like my way of trying to see how my body changes throughout the day...

And it's totally hypocritical, I know it's best to weigh yourself once or twice a week, it's probably just my way of being scared that I will gain weight over the course of a week without realizing it haha.