HOW COULD SOMEONE DO THAT?!

Options

Replies

• jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It happens regularly at any office space I've worked with shared facilities. I gave up on bringing anything that required refrigeration and enjoy my jerky that is with me at the desk so doesn't grow legs.

WHAT do you do under your desk....!? lmao
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    It was probably summertime_girl! Check her profile pics against that video tape! :laugh: :laugh:
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna laugh when you go home and realize that you made it, but forgot to pack it ;-)
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I say if it happens again, next one should be filled with laxatives!

You'll be able to find who it is real quick!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine wasting an hour of my time trying to figure out who ate my food. It's not like your firstborn was kidnapped.
    She's management and a workplace theft occured! Seems very realistic to me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would barebum the next wrap and let them enjoy it.
  • Corachan
    Corachan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There is a lunch thief in every workplace. May I suggest a nice batch of ex-lax brownies?

I never thought of that. Thanks. I'll have to try that...just make sure not to taste test them first.
  • Schellie67
    Options
    This problem was so bad at my work that they posted signs on very fridge, by the time clock and near the conference center that if you were caught stealing someone's lunch you would be fired. They caught the person and he is no longer here. It was so bad my office pooled our money and bought our own fridge.

It really sucks to be counting on something for lunch especially when you have your lunch figured for calories, fat and protein and then you have to go hungry or worse eat out.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that you are going through video to find the person and hope you catch .Would love to see their face when confronted because i am sure they thought they were all sly.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    It was probably summertime_girl! Check her profile pics against that video tape! :laugh: :laugh:

Nah, I have way too many germaphobic issues to ever eat food that I wasn't sure where it came from. I just couldn't be bothered with wasting my time to catch the perpetrator either.
  • reen62
    reen62 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We used to have someone where i work who would eat other people's food and then pretend like she didn't know it belonged to anyone. It stinks to have that happen to you! Maybe that person needed that lunch because she had no money to buy or bring her own.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna laugh when you go home and realize that you made it, but forgot to pack it ;-)
    LMFAO I hate when I do that! Like it's gotten to the point that the moment I suspect someone stole my food, I automatically think "wait 'til I get home and find my precious food laid out on the counter, gone to waste."

To OP - I hope you find the culprit. Give 'em a good shakedown when you do.
  • babbityboo
    babbityboo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    There is a lunch thief in every workplace. May I suggest a nice batch of ex-lax brownies?

BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!! x
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with the women I used to work with stealing my coffee creamer. No one would admit to it, so I filled up an empty bottle of half milk/half vinegar and put it in the fridge. Nobody took any after that.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I made chicken and rice once, someone ate all the chicken out of it and left the container with the rice sitting on the counter.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I know there was a few times back when things were really reallly hard for me,that i had taken someones lunch out of the fridge. but that was after not having eaten in 3 days since what little money i was making was going to keep a roof over my head
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I take food-theft very personally. I had that happen where I work. I made it known that from now on, I would spit on everything I brought to eat, and anyone was welcome to it. I haven't had anything stolen since.

I had plans for spiking stuff with laxatives or ipecac syrup if it continued. Yep. I was that mad.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    These will help prevent further lunch theft! I used to work in a restaurant where this happened all the time, which was ridiculous because we got free lunch so why eat steal one...

Anyway buy these: http://www.ladiesgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Mold-Lunch-Bag-Keeps-Your-Sandwiches-Safe.jpg
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Ohhh man, that happens at my work! The location I use to work in was a shared building with another company and the people next door would eat our food all the damn time! They wouldn't even try to hide it :grumble:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with the women I used to work with stealing my coffee creamer. No one would admit to it, so I filled up an empty bottle of half milk/half vinegar and put it in the fridge. Nobody took any after that.

OMG!! My kids sneak into the fridge and drink the damn coffee creamer. I do all that normal parent stuff like scold them and but them in time outs. I was going to beat them with the bottle next, but I totally doing this instead. Sweet.

**Please note: no children were harmed in the writing of this post. If I were to beat my little darlings when would laugh and run away. They fear me not.