HOW COULD SOMEONE DO THAT?!

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    My measured, weighed and self-prepared chicken wrap!!!
    Perfect! Could you please pass along the calorie count on it? It was FANTASTIC! I owe you one. Thanks for understanding!
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Make a lunch with lots of exlax you will find out....
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine wasting an hour of my time trying to figure out who ate my food. It's not like your firstborn was kidnapped.
    And this seems like the kind of person who would steal someone's lunch.
    Make a lunch with lots of exlax you will find out....
    Oooh!! Good idea!! Make it a brownie and another chicken wrap!! Keep bringing the decoy in, until someone swipes it!:laugh:
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use to have that happen all the time. I went to one of those gag stores and bought a fake rat and put that on top of my lunch inside my lunch box. LOL Problem was solved. You could try fake poop too!
  • MrsKyhemia
    Options
    I remember when I was pregnant, someone stole not only my lunch (which was spaghetti)...they took the container, too!! Everything was gone! I was so mad...How could someone eat a stranger's leftovers??? That's nasty...

Well, my coworker had an expired OceanSpray Cranberry Drink in her desk drawer that was expired in 2010 and we got even, lol. All she did was put it in the fridge and POOF it was gone, lol. Hope they liked it :wink:
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna laugh when you go home and realize that you made it, but forgot to pack it ;-)

thinking the same thing. haha!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    And when the culprit is caught, terminate them! Or at the very least, fire them.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I had an experience which i tought pretty unique. I left a burrito at work in the frige over the weekend because I didn't have time to eat it. On monday I didn't bring my lunch because of the leftover burrito. Then I found the burrito was cut in half, heated, put back to the frige. Apparently someone thought of it, took it, and then realized they didn't like the flavor...
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i've had that happen to me once when I worked for a "big bank" in the back office side, well on my frozen food, i started to actually write my name on the box... there I saw my food sitting on some guy's desk, and he was eating it..i went up to him and asked how it tasted, and he laughed, asking why, and i told him b/c it was MY FOOD he was eating!!! I demanded that he pay for my lunch. He coughed up $10 bucks, and quit work actually that day b/c he was ashamed...and he should be....i'm super nice and all, but never, ever f uck with my food.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This happens in our office sometimes and it's so scandalous! People post threatening signs all over the fridge and hallways. lol The thing is, I would never be desperate enough to eat someone else's lunch. I've seen the way they treat the bathroom... hell naw! Who knows what they do to their food. :noway:
  • staceyrrad
    staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Haha! At least I'm not the only one!

There is only 12 of us, and we have prided ourselves in saying we are a like family there. As a friend I was offended. As management, what else have they taken? What else could they take? Money? Product?

Thank you guys for the support! Haha it was just a bit of a surprise, I think that'd be so icky. Haha
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    So I work as an assistant manager at a local restaurant/coffee place. And more often than not, I have very hectic and crazy days at work. Like yesterday, I didn't get to sit down for lunch until 2:30pm. (I start at 7am) So I grab my lunch out of the fridge, get comfy and open my lunch bag.

Only to find that my home made chicken wrap was gone!!

I'm the semi-boss, so I spent an extra hour after my shift, trying to catch the culprit on the security cameras. Nothing yet. Everyone knows how much effort I put into my lunches. How dare they?

Anyone else had this happen to them?!
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself :ohwell:

Do you mind adding a little mayo next time? :wink:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It was probably summertime_girl! Check her profile pics against that video tape! :laugh: :laugh:

Nah, I have way too many germaphobic issues to ever eat food that I wasn't sure where it came from. I just couldn't be bothered with wasting my time to catch the perpetrator either.

Then why are you bothering with wasting your time making a snide comment on this post?:huh:
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    we had that happen at my work frequently.... so I made a cake and put exlax in it..lol... we found out who the culprit was
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Could you please pass along the calorie count on it? It was FANTASTIC! I owe you one. Thanks for understanding!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • redhead91
    Options
    That would seriously piss me off! Never mess with the good of a woman who is hungry AND trying to lose weight! God I would go so crazy if that happened!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    we had that happen at my work frequently.... so I made a cake and put exlax in it..lol... we found out who the culprit was

If you're serious, and you really did this, you're opening yourself up to lawsuits. Here's just the first one of dozens that show up in a Google search.

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_east/20020131exlax2.asp

I mean seriously, I'd be pissed too if someone took my food. But poisoning them, spending my little free time trying to catch them, it's too much and a waste of time. I'd rather leave a note on the fridge, or as HR to issue a company-wide memo.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have access to 350 acreas and a backhoe with a 20 foot arm- they will never be found...
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options

If you're serious, and you really did this, you're opening yourself up to lawsuits. Here's just the first one of dozens that show up in a Google search.

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_east/20020131exlax2.asp

I mean seriously, I'd be pissed too if someone took my food. But poisoning them, spending my little free time trying to catch them, it's too much and a waste of time. I'd rather leave a note on the fridge, or as HR to issue a company-wide memo.

Someone can sue you because your name offends them. Or the color of your mailbox. Or the length of your hair. They are called frivolous lawsuits and they happen all the time. (Remember the guy that sued God?? Or the homeowner who was sued by the burglar for cutting himself on glass from the window he broke to get in??) So, hypothetically, I make a meal that contains meat, and that meat is later recalled for e. coli contamination, but in the meantime, a lousy thief steals it and gets sick from it. He's gonna sue me and win? So you're saying my lunch is a liability??

Threats and memos are useless. People already know this is wrong. They do it anyway, until or unless they are taught that it has consequences. (Can't you just see a sign in a convenience store window "Please refrain from armed robbery, Thank you. Mgmt.")

I would gladly defend myself in court. "Well, you see, you honor, I have the worst case of chronic constipation ever recorded. I make myself special meals everyday just so I can hope to live a normal life. I never dreamed someone would be hurt by it <sniff> <sniff>") In my world, let the lunch thief beware.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I used to work for neurologists who lived in million-dollar homes. I made $10 an hour (and was one of the higher-paid staff). If a drug rep didn't bring lunch one day, the docs would steal the support staff's food from the fridge.