HOW COULD SOMEONE DO THAT?!

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    That's really crappy. I work in a very big building, so I keep my lunch in my own cooler-bag at my desk. I have heard of people's lunches disappearing though....and I don't understand who would do that.

Last year I was working at another place, and would put a water bottle in the fridge in the morning to drink on my drive home. Mine was always Desani, and there were a few Kroger-brand waters in there. Two days in a row, someone took mine, so the third day, I drank about 1/4 of it before (thinking nobody would touch one that was clearly used) and it happened AGAIN! How gross is that?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    we had that happen at my work frequently.... so I made a cake and put exlax in it..lol... we found out who the culprit was

If you're serious, and you really did this, you're opening yourself up to lawsuits. Here's just the first one of dozens that show up in a Google search.

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_east/20020131exlax2.asp

I mean seriously, I'd be pissed too if someone took my food. But poisoning them, spending my little free time trying to catch them, it's too much and a waste of time. I'd rather leave a note on the fridge, or as HR to issue a company-wide memo.
    If you do that and then specifically offer the food to someone, or you put it in something meant for a large group of people to ingest and they don't know, then, yes, a lawsuit and possibly criminal prosecution is in order.

But if you put it in food for YOURSELF and meant FOR YOURSELF and someone steals it, too freaking bad.

I would love to be on that jury.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would love to be on that jury.
    Me, too...
  • flasportsfan
    flasportsfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I say if it happens again, next one should be filled with laxatives!

You'll be able to find who it is real quick!

OMG, that's genius!!!! I'll try that next time my kid says she didn't eat my brownie like she claimed last night.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    So I work as an assistant manager at a local restaurant/coffee place. And more often than not, I have very hectic and crazy days at work. Like yesterday, I didn't get to sit down for lunch until 2:30pm. (I start at 7am) So I grab my lunch out of the fridge, get comfy and open my lunch bag.

Only to find that my home made chicken wrap was gone!!

My measured, weighed and self-prepared chicken wrap!!!

I'm the semi-boss, so I spent an extra hour after my shift, trying to catch the culprit on the security cameras. Nothing yet. Everyone knows how much effort I put into my lunches. How dare they?

Anyone else had this happen to them?!

So my camera pixel distorter worked...Yay!!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about someone typing in all caps.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    One good thing about being vegan is everyone at my work is scared of my food so they wouldn't dare touch it. They might catch the vegan!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    One good thing about being vegan is everyone at my work is scared of my food so they wouldn't dare touch it. They might catch the vegan!

I think there is a shot for that,clears it right up!:laugh:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    So, did you catch them?
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Happens all the time to me, that's why I stopped bringing a lunch! I just go out and eat.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    So you work in a restaurant. Did you eventually quit sleuthing and make yourself something to eat?
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I think there is a shot for that,clears it right up!:laugh:
    Yeah well I've tried that shot and it just doesn't work :cry:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    So you work in a restaurant. Did you eventually quit sleuthing and make yourself something to eat?
    seriously! If OP manages a restaurant then maybe they need to provide free lunches to the workers? No excuse for stealing but I'm sure they get paid squat and free bagels would help a lot.....
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have worked at two diff jobs in the past where this has happened, and to be honest I find it kind of revolting b/c you don't know whose lunch you're grabbing and you don't know how they prepare it and what their home cleanliness is, I used to work with a lady who had 5 cats and they were always over her counters and she wasn't a person who washed much... and I made a mental note to not eat anything she ever brought in... but it happens A LOT. And it sucks.
    Sorry for your carefully prepared food loss.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    We never have that happen in our office but I can't imagine ever eating anyone else food simply because I would probably wondering if the person who prepared the food washed their hands/picked their nose, etc...
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    we had that happen at my work frequently.... so I made a cake and put exlax in it..lol... we found out who the culprit was

If you're serious, and you really did this, you're opening yourself up to lawsuits. Here's just the first one of dozens that show up in a Google search.

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_east/20020131exlax2.asp

I mean seriously, I'd be pissed too if someone took my food. But poisoning them, spending my little free time trying to catch them, it's too much and a waste of time. I'd rather leave a note on the fridge, or as HR to issue a company-wide memo.

If I put elax in my *kitten* and people steal my lunch, then f$ck you. Serves them right for stealing to begin with!
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Haha! At least I'm not the only one!

There is only 12 of us, and we have prided ourselves in saying we are a like family there. As a friend I was offended. As management, what else have they taken? What else could they take? Money? Product?

Thank you guys for the support! Haha it was just a bit of a surprise, I think that'd be so icky. Haha

Your family comment brings back a fond memory of when I used to steal my brother's Nutter Butters. He thought he had a good hiding spot, but I would help myself to a couple when he wasn't home.

As for workplace theft, I used to have cans of Diet Pepsi stolen all the time. I would usually keep two or three in the fridge at all times, and I would often find just a single can remaining. Thought I was losing my mind for awhile until I wrote down how many were in there and when I took them out. Never caught the person but at least confirmed to myself that I wasn't losing it.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've observed that bachelors don't get their lunch stolen that often, I wonder why that is?
  • Tracyrocksss
    Options
    OMGG! i cannot BELIEVE that really happens with ADULTS!!LOL!! That is insane...How could anyone sleep at night!??lol-Shaking my head.....
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    a saw a commercial recently where a guy jumped out of the cabinets in the lunchroom where he was hidnig to watch who stole his turkey sandwich LOL