Tattoos...

Options

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Have 14 of them...love them....will keep getting them until I run out of room.

Do you have or are you working on a sleeve? Your pic reminds me of Kat Von D...

No sleeve, but a shoulder cap on one arm. I remind you of Kat Von D?! Well, she's pretty, but she's a total ***** in real life...but then again...so am I....so I guess that's a compliment?? I'll take it as one!

I did mean it as a compliment, I think she is gorgeous, although I dont know what is up with that bad wig(s) she had during her show lately....I don't know much else about her except that she was born in Mexico :) (i.m Mexican! lol)

You have pics of your shoulder cap?
    I have one, a butterfly (how original, I know!) between my shoulder blades.....but I want more!! I would love a side piece, from below the armpit down to.....I dont know yet....hip, knee, ankle, maybe around my back!? It would all depend how far I can go with MFP lol

LOL, she's Mexican/Argentinian, and I am too...which is a weird combination...maybe that's why we look alike (you're not the first to tell me this!) Before I moved to WI over a year ago, I was born and raised in LA....my last apartment was a block away from her shop so I'd see her a lot...she is NOT nice...but whatevs...she's hot!

tattoo.jpg
    Shoulder cap when it was half-finished...there's a tree behind it now!
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Don't have them. Don't want them. Don't understand people who have them (other than military or fraternal organizations - those I get). Not a hate thing- your body, your business. Seemed at first like a lot of folks were getting them to be non-conformist, but now that everyone has them, I realize that can't be be the case anymore 'cause that's the norm.

There's a great theatrical monologue called the Tatoo lady - or something similar. I get that, too. If you have Tatoos and have never read it, I highly recommend it.

I understand that some people don't get why people get them, but basically easiest way to think about it, Its art, you hang your paintings on your walls, I wear them on my body.

Also all my piece have a reason and story behind them as do most people who are ink'd :)

I got mine about 6 yrs ago and I think it was a combination of always wanting one, the opportunity presenting itself and being able to do something that was sort of not allowed in my house. My dad has always been against them and my ex-husband is Muslim, tattoos are a big no-no! I was young, rebelling...
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Got one at 18 yrs old and another at 21. Im not 39 and want to have them removed but its too expensive. Some people love them, I love them on others, I just regret mine.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Have none, but thinking seriously of rewarding myself upon reaching one of my major goals by getting my first.

My best friend just started a half-sleeve that's pretty amazing... sort of a psuedo-tribal design that incorporates both the symbols for the Sith and the Jedi (he's a HUGE Star Wars fan.)

My ex- had several, including a rather elaborate dragonfly panorama that covered from lower- to middle of her back. Whoever did the ink did an amazing job...the wings actually had that translucent look to them.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i have 2 one on my shoulder blade and one on my ankle. have 2 more i am planning to get though as soon as i have extra cash lol
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Have 14 of them...love them....will keep getting them until I run out of room.

Do you have or are you working on a sleeve? Your pic reminds me of Kat Von D...

No sleeve, but a shoulder cap on one arm. I remind you of Kat Von D?! Well, she's pretty, but she's a total ***** in real life...but then again...so am I....so I guess that's a compliment?? I'll take it as one!

I did mean it as a compliment, I think she is gorgeous, although I dont know what is up with that bad wig(s) she had during her show lately....I don't know much else about her except that she was born in Mexico :) (i.m Mexican! lol)

You have pics of your shoulder cap?
    I have one, a butterfly (how original, I know!) between my shoulder blades.....but I want more!! I would love a side piece, from below the armpit down to.....I dont know yet....hip, knee, ankle, maybe around my back!? It would all depend how far I can go with MFP lol

LOL, she's Mexican/Argentinian, and I am too...which is a weird combination...maybe that's why we look alike (you're not the first to tell me this!) Before I moved to WI over a year ago, I was born and raised in LA....my last apartment was a block away from her shop so I'd see her a lot...she is NOT nice...but whatevs...she's hot!

tattoo.jpg
    Shoulder cap when it was half-finished...there's a tree behind it now!

WOW!!! What's the story behind it?...f you dont mind my asking
    Are you really? What part of Mexico? And it isnt weird, it's an interesting mix! Well see, there you go! Why would you move from LA to WI??? Just the weather alone would make me stay in LA!! And a block away? Did you ever gointo the actual shop? Interact with any of them? Pixie seemed nice, but she is gone, not sure why... lol
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Already have 2 (hip and foot), but want 3 more (inside bottom lip, half sleeve and right rib cage). I love them and really like them on men.

Men, if you are cute without tattoos then get some and that instantly that makes you irresistable!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't have any and probably won't get any (I'm too scared of the pain and that I'll regret them later). I had some piercings about 10 years ago, got sick of them and took them out.... I like being able to change back.

I think some people's tattoos look really fantastic, others not so much.

My neice has two - I love one of them (on the back of her neck) but don't like the other - it's a girlie kind of flower on her wrist. I think it is too big to be really pretty, is in a very visible place and I think she's going to dislike it when she's older. The other one is gorgeous and I think she'll be happy about that. Not that it's any of my business but I'll wait and see if I'm right :)
  • saugustin07
    saugustin07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Have none wanted a sunflower on my foot but too chicken who knows what the future may bring.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have 3! Ive got stars and swirls on my wrist, hot pink butterfly on the top of my back and ive got a little pattern on the side of my left hand :), to be honest they hardley hurt, just felt like a litttle burning/scratching feeling. And im planning to get myn4th in november when i come back from my holiday :) im getting one done on my foot lol.
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch! Flowers up my ribcage with a gaelic phrase that means "be strong, be valiant", swallows on my shoulders, a quote on my neck, heart on my bum, my son's name on my foot, umbrella with 604 on my forearm, butterfly on my hip, my nickname on my ankle.

:D I love them!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I only have one , profile pic. Would take too long to explain the meaning of each element

Love em

More when i reach goal weight
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have 4. I hate 2 of them and would LOVE to get them removed. I was dumb and 18. Now I'm 26 and regret it.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I think a lot is just plain gross but if I might get one or two someday.
  • jobster68
    Options
    Across my shoulders - flowers
    Bottom of my back - a very large one of two clown fish
    Botton of my back - (incorporated in the above) Chinese sign for friendship
    Top of my left thigh - Betty Boop
    Top of my right thigh - quite near my bum - heart with my ex-husband's name in
    My ankle - squirly pattern with pink and purple hearts
    Inside of my right wrist - my mum's initials which was the last one I had following her passing away.

Plan to get to goal and get one on my left foot!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just had my 5th one last week, but obviously still want more!! x
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have 1 on my back, plan to get more. Pic is in my profile
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have a lot, and will get much more I am sure......
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i have 9..havent gotten a new one in over 8 years but if i hit my goal weight...id LOVE to get one down my side/ribs...and if i ever win the lottery im getting a "wizard of Oz" full back piece..with flying monkeys and a yellow brick road and a tornado...(sigh)
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have cherry blossom and a dragonfly on my calf.
    <

I also have a black and grey piece on my back - roses and vines surrounding a Celtic triquetra thing. I had the Celtic symbol done on the spur of the moment when I was younger, grew to hate it but didn't want it removed, so I have the flowers added to it. I like it now.

I definitely want more. I'm considering an Art Nouveau style piece on my shoulder/upper arm at some point.