Nice Idea to stop being tempted

Options
1235»

Replies

• Matilda74
    Options
    If that's what you need to do right now, then do it. Obviously in an ideal world, we would organize our lives so that none of us would be faced with food temptations that we couldn't resist. Regardless of how the "unhealthy" food got in front of you, the goal is to figure out the best way to handle it. Hopefully you'll get to a point where some of that stuff is no longer tempting or where you are able to have a small amount and be satisfied. But all of us have food triggers and sometimes having "one bite" of a particular food is like opening Pandora's box.

By the way, for what it's worth, I don't think you need therapy! :)
  • myguiltypleasure
    Options
    As a mother of two little guys I am always tempted to eat their left overs, so a friend of mine taught me a trick, spray whatever is left with windex!! You won't touch it after that. Another WW trick, brush your teeth, won't taste so good after that.

Shouldn't throwing it out be enough? Why would you need to spray it with windex?

Brushing you teeth is a good trick though :) I chew gum when I'm out and about for the same reason.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OMG! Note to Self. NEVER post a topic on the boards. Many people here are rude as hell.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just speaking for myself here. I am older and I have to tell you, the way I grew up, wasting food, electricity or any thing really was pretty much looked down upon kind of like sinning so I would have trouble throwing food away. I normally just put things in the freezer for a later time splurge or bring it all out when my grandchildren are coming.
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could throw out food we paid for but I could try to find the skinniest person around and give it to them to eat! lol jk. :laugh:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    OMG! Note to Self. NEVER post a topic on the boards. Many people here are rude as hell.

They are? Example? All i see here is an exchange of ideas!
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I try to never allow anything in my house that I cant keep from eating. I do pretty good at the store at not buying the stuff but if my family brings it in it makes it hard not to get into it. The only thing I really crave thats not good is ice cream. But otherwise I do fairly good. I have thrown away partial packages of ice cream before.