Fat turning soft and weird feeling - what is up with it?

Options

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    It makes sense, that if the mass of fat is loosing fat cells, then the mass will get softer and possibly bumpy. But as the fat continues to disappear, then it eventually all goes away, depending on the thoroughness of the fat loss. :smooched: I'm afraid the extra skin will probably stay.:noway: :noway:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ok so what changes have you noticed since posting this?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    ok so what changes have you noticed since posting this?

Honestly belly shrank for a bit and it's doing it again, which means hopefully it'll shrink some more again.It'll be the 3rd cycle of this happening, first two I dropped an inch like that once the whoosh was done... Legs and about every part of my body is having this phenomenon happening now. Except on my arms where these weird hard big bumps that move when my arm moves have formed.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience... sounds like maybe what you are feeling is the excess skin that has been left behind?
    This. You can try to exercise to tighten and build some muscle.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Lyle McDonald talks about this in his writings. Pieces of fat like marbles and they get squishy...........its just fat getting used up and is a good thing.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Speaking from experience... sounds like maybe what you are feeling is the excess skin that has been left behind?
    This. You can try to exercise to tighten and build some muscle.

It's not excess skin, it is what they call the fat whoosh. It's water filling up in place of fat, I have a bit of excess skin, but shocking enough not a lot of it. My belly has some but arms and legs have very little.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Lyle McDonald talks about this in his writings. Pieces of fat like marbles and they get squishy...........its just fat getting used up and is a good thing.

Yeppers this is an old post, I did a lot of research after I made it awhile back. I actually read something from McDonald about it. I read several articles that called it the fat whoosh. As fat get squishy and breaks apart it makes a cheese curd like shapes and fills with fluid to help it transport out.
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    I HAVE TOTALLY NOTICED THIS IN ME!!!! i actually asked my boyfriend if he had it happening as well and HE DID (hes on here too). the way i think of it is the fat is being depleated but the 'container' if you will is still the same size. imagine a bag of grain.... initially it is stuffed w grain not able to budge or bend at all. as you empty small amounts out of it, the grain that is still in the bag can move more freely and so can the bag BUT the bag isnt shrinking just the contents. overtime the skin may shrink but there are no gaurantees.

(side note: like energy, fat cannot be 'destroyed' unfotunately we can ALWAYS create new ft cells but we arent able to get rid of the ones we have, they only shrink)

EXCELLENT POST TOPIC :]
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Yeppers this is an old post, I did a lot of research after I made it awhile back. I actually read something from McDonald about it. I read several articles that called it the fat whoosh. As fat get squishy and breaks apart it makes a cheese curd like shapes and fills with fluid to help it transport out.

I'm so excited for you. Isn't it cool to learn all this about your body??
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    im gonna bump this. its a year old, but i found it interesting.
  • davidmo55
    davidmo55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Flaming_Reef
    Flaming_Reef Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fascinating stuff, I never knew!
  • tracilynn1122
    Options
    I have something "squishy" going on too. It kinda freaked me out. About 5 years ago, I was in a car accident. was not active for a few years and then gained about 25 lbs. I have been exercising pretty regularly for the past 7 months. i have lost about 15 lbs. And then I noticed this squishy tender feeling in different areas around my mid section. It also feels like I have very little muscle left at all, which is not surprising. Does anyone have any suggestion of how to flush out this squishy fat? And what is a good way to build more muscle in the area? My current exercise is cycling classes, occasional hiking, and occasional yoga. Mostly cycling though. I feel like I am getting leaner but not stronger. Situps maybe?
  • LaNena01
    LaNena01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the truth of this, but I've read that happens right before a "woosh".. meaning, the actual fat molecules have left some cells, but there's still some water left in the cells.. when these leave the cells, you'll get a weight loss woosh as they say! lol At least that's what I've read on it. Look up Woosh on Lyle McDonald's site. Actually, here's the link: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

This ^^ Its squishy fat, and its a good sign that the fat is going away. Fat cells aren't burned uniformly. Often leaving marbly feeling when you pinch the fat. Those marbles are fat cells. Your skin will need to tighten around the fat cells and that takes time.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have s similar feeling in many places on my body. My body fat is probably around 20%? From what I can best guess, it's just skin and necessary fat. I mean, you'll always have belly rolls when you sit because you need that extra skin to move and stretch.
  • thethreestrings
    Options
    Bump
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    I have been told in the past that hard or firm fat is fat that has not had much blood going round it in a while. It goes soft when your body is pumping blood through it more often or in other words using it.

So as i understand it firm fat > soft fat > gone fat.

i hope so! this is happening to me too!