C25K Beginners Running Group - Week 3 (Closed Grp)

Options
124»

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    a) W3D3 done - WHEW!! Walked about a 3.0, jogged about a 4.5
    b) Is was a lot harder than yesterday. Perhaps because it was really hot and I had very little energy. My shins were fine, but my left knee started to ache. After the run I was relieved, and was pain free. I got through it!!
    c) I will complete a bonus run either tomorrow or Sunday. I plan on seeing if I can jog for 2 laps (1/2 mile), which I believe equals 5 min. Just in preparation for next week. If I can't, then I may hang out in week 3 a bit longer.

Tonya,
    a) List the week/day completed. Some of us track speed to document improvement, or not, it's optional.
    b) how I felt, during and after the run
    c) what are my plans for the next run, what will I do differently (or not)
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    End of the day progress report (9/30/11):

9sz5o8.jpg
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    For my bonus run this morning I took a stab at week 4 and it was sooooooo hard. The hub and I stretched really good, and had no body pain whatsoever!! My issue was my energy level. The first 5 min jog was fine, but at the second 5 min jog, I had to stop in-between to find my burst, and luckily I found it!!

Next week is gonna be tough guys, but we'll try to push through it!

Felicia
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    a. W3D3 done- Walk at 3.3 and run 4.8
    b. It was really hard and as I was pushing myself, I was thinking you need to repeat W3! then reminded myself how do you know if it is going to be hard when you didn't even try it.
    c. I decided that I need to plan my days a head of time as it is getting harder.

I went to Zumba class on Tuesday, and really enjoyed, also on Mondays and Wed are the hip hop fussion class. How do you all manage fitting it with the weight lifting, cardio and c25k? I feel tired at times and most of the time I feel it is the mental block thing and the scale not moving! I try not to worry so much of the scale but the truth is I'm confused with my body. One thing for sure is I feel so much comfortable in here and I want to continue as long as it takes. I dream to be a runner one day and it is getting closser by the day thanks to all of you.:heart:
  • chanson104
    Options
    I am sooo not looking forward to next week! I'm going to do a bonus run tomorrow; I think that I will cycle through it 1 1/2 times. I'm already feeling pretty good about managing to make it through a week 3 session without stopping. Next week we'll really have something to feel good about, won't we?!
  • chanson104
    Options
    a. W3D3 done- Walk at 3.3 and run 4.8
    b. It was really hard and as I was pushing myself, I was thinking you need to repeat W3! then reminded myself how do you know if it is going to be hard when you didn't even try it.
    c. I decided that I need to plan my days a head of time as it is getting harder.

I went to Zumba class on Tuesday, and really enjoyed, also on Mondays and Wed are the hip hop fussion class. How do you all manage fitting it with the weight lifting, cardio and c25k? I feel tired at times and most of the time I feel it is the mental block thing and the scale not moving! I try not to worry so much of the scale but the truth is I'm confused with my body. One thing for sure is I feel so much comfortable in here and I want to continue as long as it takes. I dream to be a runner one day and it is getting closser by the day thanks to all of you.:heart:
    Great job!! Keep up the good work! I'm feeling the same way about moving on.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    WTG Yasmin, glad you completed the week!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Endof the day progress report (10/1/11):

sweoi9.jpg
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    a. W3D3 - Done (Saturday), 1st outdoor run.
    b. Walked during 2nd 90sec run because my calf was hurting. Finished rest of run though.
    c. Going to try and do 2 treadmill and 1 outdoor run each week.

My calf is feeling better this morning, so hopefully it was just adjusting to outdoor running.

Good luck this week everyone.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    a. W3D3 - Done (Saturday), 1st outdoor run.
    b. Walked during 2nd 90sec run because my calf was hurting. Finished rest of run though.
    c. Going to try and do 2 treadmill and 1 outdoor run each week.

My calf is feeling better this morning, so hopefully it was just adjusting to outdoor running.

Good luck this week everyone.

Dav, great job for taking it out, and I'm glad your calf is better. I was thinking of you as Felicia was updating the report.
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    OK so I am not trying to jumpsatart the wk, but my evenings this coming wk look horrible. That is as afr as me getting time to run. I started wk 4 today and ill run Tuesday and Thursday. I don't like running after 8 at night so I had to run tonight to get all three runs in. Man raising three kids yu would think I am fit as fiddle. Anyway..
    a. w4d1 done on 10/2/11
    b:It actually went really smooth. I ran at 5 and walked at 3.5.
    c: I would ove to up my speed but am very comfortable at this speed and my joints don't ache. Am I pushing myslef enough? Should I up the speed? I am afraid to fail if I up it. Finishing something means so much to me. Commiting to 9 wks of an excercise is something I have never done.

My husband is an avid participant at th local gym. He tells me that as long as I can commit to something and follow it through to the end it is OK if I go at a slower speed. This is an internal race not running for th gold.

Do any of you guys feel like you need to go faster everytime we get to another wk?
  • chanson104
    Options
    In an attempt to inspire myself for the upcoming week, I bought myself a "cute" new outfit to work out in. You know, one of those that is "fitted not tight" (RIGHT!!)

a. Bonus run from week 3. 3 mph walk and 4.5 mph jog.
    b. I decided to tell myself that the 3 minute jogs were a piece of cake (appropriate since I was watching Cake Boss). The first time I believed it, the second time I tried really hard to believe it, the thrid time (I did it 1 1/2 times) I called myself a big fat liar! But I made it through. I encouraged myself by remembering how difficult jogging for 1 1/2 minutes was a couple weeks ago, and today it wasn't very difficult at all.
    c. Plan to do W4D1 on Tuesday. I'm going to work real hard to psych myself up for it -- not out! And keep reminding myself that this hard work will get me closer to that outfit being fitted and not tight!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    OK so I am not trying to jumpsatart the wk, but my evenings this coming wk look horrible. That is as afr as me getting time to run. I started wk 4 today and ill run Tuesday and Thursday. I don't like running after 8 at night so I had to run tonight to get all three runs in. Man raising three kids yu would think I am fit as fiddle. Anyway..
    a. w4d1 done on 10/2/11
    c: I would ove to up my speed but am very comfortable at this speed and my joints don't ache. Am I pushing myslef enough? Should I up the speed? I am afraid to fail if I up it. Finishing something means so much to me. Commiting to 9 wks of an excercise is something I have never done.

My husband is an avid participant at th local gym. He tells me that as long as I can commit to something and follow it through to the end it is OK if I go at a slower speed. This is an internal race not running for th gold.

Do any of you guys feel like you need to go faster everytime we get to another wk?

Tonya, I'm glad it went well!! I It's nice to have a partner on board, I don't think I could do it without my hub. I completed W4D1 on Saturday as a bonus run and it was really tough. I'm not going to count it because I probably could've prepared better. I'm ready to take it on!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    In an attempt to inspire myself for the upcoming week, I bought myself a "cute" new outfit to work out in. You know, one of those that is "fitted not tight" (RIGHT!!)

a. Bonus run from week 3. 3 mph walk and 4.5 mph jog.
    b. I decided to tell myself that the 3 minute jogs were a piece of cake (appropriate since I was watching Cake Boss). The first time I believed it, the second time I tried really hard to believe it, the thrid time (I did it 1 1/2 times) I called myself a big fat liar! But I made it through. I encouraged myself by remembering how difficult jogging for 1 1/2 minutes was a couple weeks ago, and today it wasn't very difficult at all.
    c. Plan to do W4D1 on Tuesday. I'm going to work real hard to psych myself up for it -- not out! And keep reminding myself that this hard work will get me closer to that outfit being fitted and not tight!!

Christine, glad to see that you got a bonus run in!! Now that we're facing a 5 min jog, 3 minutes might not seem so bad. I know you can do it, I'll be routing for all of you (and me too)!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    We have no moved on to week 4!! Please follow this link to post your results:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/358256-c25k-beginners-running-group-week-4-closed-grp
  • chanson104
    Options
    a. w4d1 done on 10/2/11

I do feel like I should be going faster, but I monitor my heart rate, and it tells me otherwise. I feel kinda wimpy, but based on what my heart rate is telling me, I am pushing myself -- and I can feel it too!
  • AngelOiCu812
    AngelOiCu812 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    W3D1 Completed ( in the rain and wind ) :flowerforyou:
    Felling a little like a turtle cause I had to slow it down a notch to make it thru
    Next time gonna work more on pace and breathing.... but all in all a good day

Way to go you guys !!!
    I seem to be lagging behind but dont give up on me. I am repeating some as needed to advance at a apparently slower pace to be able to complete. Hey Im forty five and I am trying for the first time in my life to run I am enjoying most of it could skip shin pain but I will make because I am determined !!