Slim Fast Shakes vs Body By Vi Shakes vs Shakeology Shakes..

Options
1235»

Replies

• Fsugsxr
    Fsugsxr Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the 90 day Body By Vi challenge and lost 37lbs! The shakes were great tasting and very easy to make. I went from being over weight to becoming a personal trainer and now promoting the challenge for others! You can see my story and other at fitforu.bodybyvi.com/
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I so agree. I never understood the shake thing. Just eat tasty, real food and follow your calorie limits. All the shakes are processed "food-like" collections of unpronounceable chemicals. There is no magic weight loss in shakes. You'd lose the same amount eating the same number of calories of healthy food.
  • shane0614
    Options
    I'm currently in an in-between stage on this one. I had been using Slimfast, my wife is using Body by Vi. As far as the taste goes, I was in the Army for 8 years and ate MRE's, so taste ain't everything. If you can stomach that, and I loved them, then it's all good. Do I need to use shakes over food, no. My wife seems to think she does, but as for me, I'm just experimenting. I exercise enough to lose weight either way, even when I eat like a horse. I'm currently switching to Vi because I want my wife to succeed, and she needs a little extra help in the beginning stages until things become easier for her. As far as which one is better for you, who cares. BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF, NO MATTER WHAT YOU EAT, WHO YOU ARE, OR WHAT YOU WEIGH! The choice is ultimately up to you, and only you have to live with the consequences of your actions in the end. But if you really want to know how to lose weight and keep it off, then you start and finish inside your head. The body always follows the head. I don't stop because I tell myself that I can't, no if's. A shake will work for me because I will make sure it happens. Eating real food will work for me because I refuse to fail. You are what you believe. Now stop reading this and go exercise. BE HAPPY!
  • hippiequeen8767
    Options
    You can actually add anything to the Body By Vi Shakes not just fruit and milk. I have made one that tastes like an apple pie, one that tastes like a snickers. You can add the Body By Vi to your morning coffee as the creamer and not use milk. You can use juice with it.
  • chriscut101
    Options
    I'm currently in an in-between stage on this one. I had been using Slimfast, my wife is using Body by Vi. As far as the taste goes, I was in the Army for 8 years and ate MRE's, so taste ain't everything. If you can stomach that, and I loved them, then it's all good. Do I need to use shakes over food, no. My wife seems to think she does, but as for me, I'm just experimenting. I exercise enough to lose weight either way, even when I eat like a horse. I'm currently switching to Vi because I want my wife to succeed, and she needs a little extra help in the beginning stages until things become easier for her. As far as which one is better for you, who cares. BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF, NO MATTER WHAT YOU EAT, WHO YOU ARE, OR WHAT YOU WEIGH! The choice is ultimately up to you, and only you have to live with the consequences of your actions in the end. But if you really want to know how to lose weight and keep it off, then you start and finish inside your head. The body always follows the head. I don't stop because I tell myself that I can't, no if's. A shake will work for me because I will make sure it happens. Eating real food will work for me because I refuse to fail. You are what you believe. Now stop reading this and go exercise. BE HAPPY!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Good luck

"“ViSalus’ third quarter net sales decreased 52% to $82.4 million versus $169.9 million for the same period last year, largely reflecting the reduced Promoter base in North America. At the end of the third quarter, qualified independent North American Promoters totaled more than 49,000 versus more than 110,000 Promoters at the end of the prior year’s third quarter. International Promoters totaled nearly 4,000, reflecting the entry into the U.K. in April.”
  • JennNtheBoys1
    Options
    I actually prefer the taste of the Shakeology.... I make mine more like a smoothie though, adding a banana, using almond milk, a few ice cubes and half a cup of other frozen fruit I have on hand. I find the slimfast shakes to be very 'chalky' in comparison. With that said I've never done the slim fast in smoothie form before which is going to be the next thing I try, because even though I LOVE the shakeology it's just not affordable for me and slim fast is definitely an affordable alternative, so I'm willing to try a few things to see if I can make it work for me.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Trash...overpriced trash...also trash.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. Rip-off. They lead people to believe that this is the only way to lose weight. The sooner they disappear the better.
  • beagle187
    beagle187 Posts: 1
    Options
    I found the easiest thing that works for me. I started tracking everything I ate, all day, everyday, using My Fitness Pal.
    On the app, at the end of each day, I would get it to shoe a pie chart of my nutrition for the whole day.
    My goal each day was to have 40% protein, 40% Carbs, and 20% fat on that pie chart each day with around 1800 calories total. This took me about a week or two to get the numbers right, learning what I could and couldn't each and the right portions. Once I dialed it all in, I started loosing some weight, but mostly just inches from everywhere.
    I did drink Shakeology once each day as a snack. It has that same ratio of 40-40-20 in one shake, but also kept me healthy and balanced my body's hormones so that I could loose the weight.
    I started doing Focus T25 as well just to tone up, but the nutrition was the most important part of it!!
    Ask any bodybuilder or fitness person and they will tell you that your nutrition is about 70%-80% of your results.
    I strongly believe in the 40-40-20 nutritional ratio. Yes I still eat chocolate and some cookies, but I keep my nutrition in check using the app.