VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so happy that a supportive poster pointed me in this direction!! I'm 5'0" and 139.5 pounds. I've done all the diet drugs, fad diets, starvation - and now I'm trying to actually look at what I eat and exercise. I'm excited to join!

Hey! You made it! woo hoo! welcome! You'll find plenty of ladies here that you can relate too. and Everyone is so awesome and supportive. Good luck to you and Welcome!! The Vertical Challengers are growing!!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I am somewhere inbetween 5'3" and 5'5" depends on where I get measured, lol

ZGoal weight is 140, and then down from there if I feel that I can spare more
  • MissD89
    Options
    What do you all do for workouts, either at home or at the gym? I'm getting bored at the gym, & though we have a treadmill at home that I swore I'd walk on, there's nothing else in that room & it's boring!

I do jump rope, walks outside (I have a treadmill, but I only use it if I can't walk outside as our winters are very long so I know I'll use the treadmill for months later), I use my wii (I just ordered EA Active 2), and my flirty girl fitness. I also add other things like push-ups,sit ups, wash the car type things, and also when my nephew is in town I run around with him which is a workout. However, there is a part of the flirty girl that has my arms n abs hurting that seems to work better than the push ups and sit ups and I started it two days ago. I wanted to start belly dancing but haven't incorporated it yet. I don't have a gym membership, so all of this takes place at home.

wow, that is A LOT of stuff you do.. all at home. See, I don't have a gym membership either. (Just not fundable right now) and I find mself constantly feeling lazy or tired or with excuses to not exercise... like, I don't know what kind of exercies to do.. I have no equpiment (yet), but after readind all that youdo, I just gave myself a kick in the butt. Good workouts CAN happen without a gym membership. Thanks
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

As the first challenge is coming to a close in the next 10 days. I would like for anyone that has a suggestion for the next challenge to let us know. If you haven't already please update any weight loss you have had.

New members, I would like everyone to fill out the roster as you feel comfortable. On the top of the roster we have four names in red, which are the lovely co-leaders in no particular order.

Not everyone has to participate in the challenges. However, I would love for everyone to still provide at least their profile name. In addition, to separate those who are participating and those who are not, I would like for people participating to highlight their name in blue, while people not participating highlight their name in purple. Our first challenge is to lose 3 lbs by Oct. 14, as the challenge began Sept. 14. Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    What do you all do for workouts, either at home or at the gym? I'm getting bored at the gym, & though we have a treadmill at home that I swore I'd walk on, there's nothing else in that room & it's boring!

I do jump rope, walks outside (I have a treadmill, but I only use it if I can't walk outside as our winters are very long so I know I'll use the treadmill for months later), I use my wii (I just ordered EA Active 2), and my flirty girl fitness. I also add other things like push-ups,sit ups, wash the car type things, and also when my nephew is in town I run around with him which is a workout. However, there is a part of the flirty girl that has my arms n abs hurting that seems to work better than the push ups and sit ups and I started it two days ago. I wanted to start belly dancing but haven't incorporated it yet. I don't have a gym membership, so all of this takes place at home.

wow, that is A LOT of stuff you do.. all at home. See, I don't have a gym membership either. (Just not fundable right now) and I find mself constantly feeling lazy or tired or with excuses to not exercise... like, I don't know what kind of exercies to do.. I have no equpiment (yet), but after readind all that youdo, I just gave myself a kick in the butt. Good workouts CAN happen without a gym membership. Thanks

No problem. I actually pushed myself to start the belly dancing yesterday after I wrote about it. It gave me a nice swift kick. I know what you mean about not having ideas on exercises. I always thought that, but started thinking okay think outside of the regular treadmill, sit ups stuff because that def made me really bored. I use to be extremely sedentary so all this stuff really gives me a workout. All I keep telling myself is find something that will get you OFF your butt! lol
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Let us know how you like EA Active2! I have a Wii fit but found that the only things that could hold my attention were the obstacle course & hulahooping, so it wasn't a very good investment.
  • L2M1D52
    Options

Let us know how you like EA Active2! I have a Wii fit but found that the only things that could hold my attention were the obstacle course & hulahooping, so it wasn't a very good investment.

I'll definitely let you guys know! A friend of mines on here recommended it.
  • angi2342000
    Options
    I`m in. I am 4'11 158 need to loose 38LBS at the least by 7-2012 planning on having my wedding then. So I definitely need the help and support.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I`m in. I am 4'11 158 need to loose 38LBS at the least by 7-2012 planning on having my wedding then. So I definitely need the help and support.

Welcome aboard :smile: We will soon be setting the next challenge, add your name to the rosta and let's go for it!
  • MissD89
    Options
    No problem. I actually pushed myself to start the belly dancing yesterday after I wrote about it. It gave me a nice swift kick. I know what you mean about not having ideas on exercises. I always thought that, but started thinking okay think outside of the regular treadmill, sit ups stuff because that def made me really bored. I use to be extremely sedentary so all this stuff really gives me a workout. All I keep telling myself is find something that will get you OFF your butt! lol

That is soo me. I had n still kinda don't have NO ideas on HOW to "workout", n those basic things everyone knows bores me to death. I am doing something today, any suggestions? i need something that doesnt involve many steps or instructions becuz ill forget them n that will be my excuse. something relatively easy becuz i get hardly no exercise ever but i want to soo bad. just dnt knw where or how 2 start.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Welcome aboard :smile: We will soon be setting the next challenge, add your name to the rosta and let's go for it!

Are all the challenges going to be weight-based? It might be fun to try for x # of miles, exercise minutes, etc :)
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options

Are all the challenges going to be weight-based? It might be fun to try for x # of miles, exercise minutes, etc :)

I think it would be a good idea to do a challenge maybe where you burn a certain amount of calories each week or run/walk/bike a certain amount of miles...
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    The challenges certainly can be in regard to workout times/calories burned/ etc. I think it will be more interesting to mix it up that way.
  • MissD89
    Options
    We can do weight AND x amount of minutes of excersise as a month goal? (Hopefully nothing too out of reach, as I am fairly new to regular exercise..lol but, a challenge like that could really push me!. =) )
  • bobbijo47
    Options
    Hey everyone!

As the first challenge is coming to a close in the next 10 days. I would like for anyone that has a suggestion for the next challenge to let us know. If you haven't already please update any weight loss you have had.

New members, I would like everyone to fill out the roster as you feel comfortable. On the top of the roster we have four names in red, which are the lovely co-leaders in no particular order.

Not everyone has to participate in the challenges. However, I would love for everyone to still provide at least their profile name. In addition, to separate those who are participating and those who are not, I would like for people participating to highlight their name in blue, while people not participating highlight their name in purple. Our first challenge is to lose 3 lbs by Oct. 14, as the challenge began Sept. 14. Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US
  • MissD89
    Options
    or maybe someone whos good with numbers can come up with a number for us AS A GROUP to reach in gallons of water for the month... sumthin interesting.. lol.. k gimme time.. still thinking
  • bobbijo47
    Options
    sorry I don't know what I'm doing here,
    But anyways, I want to do the challange too, and i can't get into that site any longer....
    It is hard for me to post anything because I'm at work, but I'm reading everything that everyone is writing. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm in, and I can't change the color of my name. sorry.
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5'1 here too and I'm ready! =D
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    So...my personal challenge is to have a good exercise week this week, must go to the gym on my way home every day! Make me accountable people, I need a virtual smack if i don't hold up this bargain!

I'm two for two so far (yay lol) took a spin class last night, first time I have done one in ages and boy...I feel like I've been kicked in the butt...literally!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I think a total calories burned or minutes of exercise for a week would be fun! Along with a monthly pound goal, maybe?