VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• npostma
    npostma Posts: 33
    Options
    Just added my name to the spreadsheet AND highlighted my name in blue. I have been doing this since August 23 and lost 8 pounds the first 2 weeks and not an ounce since!

Accountability baby! 3 pounds by the 14th!

~Nicole
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well today! It's a lovely day over here in Indiana, (US). It's suppose to go up to 80 degrees.

I figured to get to know each other we could share something with one another that isn't fitness related or food related. I can start.... I love horror movies, but never get scared. I can't wait to see Paranormal Activity 3 in the next few weeks:happy: ... along with that I love watching shows like Forensic Files, 48 hours. I'm in the Forensic Psychology field and love watching documentaries or reading up on people like Charles Manson, Ed gein, etc. However, I do not like the scripted shows like CSI. Sorry to anyone who does :blushing: . What's somehting you'd like to share with us?

I am EXACTLY like that! I'm fascinated by the psychology behind serial killers, and the science behind forensics and solving crimes. My ex used to make me feel like some kind of morbid freak for this, yet was a fan of CSI which is all sensational and gory graphics....stuff they never show in the 'real' shows. Sadly, the channels with those types of shows are not in the budget. I also love ghost stories, etc...but I don't watch much of the movies, even though they don't scare me. (Okay, Sixth Sense did for awhile. lol) I find most of them are gory for the sake of gory, instead of 'scary'.
  • laroja1110
    laroja1110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm back on the map...had a difficult time over the weekend moving to a new place/big project at work/bachelorette party for a friend and I won't lie, I totally indulged BUT on Monday I started counting my calories again and worked out today. As of last Friday I dropped 2 lbs since the start of the challenge but I'm guessing tomorrow morning (my weigh-in day) I would have gained .5 lb back so we will see.

Overall my goal is still 3lbs by the 15th!!

I hope everyone else is on target if you were part of the challenge :)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my posts in before I leave :D

I need to learn how to quote.

I'm hoping I see 139 on the scale before I leave. I'm running around doing laundry. My husband had a five hour interview today and I'm anxiously awaiting his phone call. I'm hoping they offer him the job on the spot. He's so perfect for it.

I've already got my snack bag packed but I just read up on the weather and it apparently SNOWED where we are going! So now I have to revamp my whole pack job to include warmer clothes!

Snow was the *last* thing I expected.

Can't wait to come home and weigh in for the final day of our challenge. I know I've passed the three pounds already but it will be nice to be able to put in a final weight to my losses for the month!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Here's a random post to break the silence: I've found that my kitty is a great workout motivator. She'll sometimes give me kisses mid-pushup, and loves to sneak underneath me mid-plank. When I feel out of steam but my only options are crushing the kitty and holding the position a little longer, well, I have to endure it!

This is awesome because my chiweenie does the same thing. Except for the odd times he sits on my head when I'm down in the push-up LOL
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Here's a random post to break the silence: I've found that my kitty is a great workout motivator. She'll sometimes give me kisses mid-pushup, and loves to sneak underneath me mid-plank. When I feel out of steam but my only options are crushing the kitty and holding the position a little longer, well, I have to endure it!

This is awesome because my chiweenie does the same thing. Except for the odd times he sits on my head when I'm down in the push-up LOL

I'm barely know any animal breeds. I've never heard of a chiweenie. I had to look it up and how cute! I so want a dog lol would be a good walking companion.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Starting Challenge weight was 164
    Current weight: 160.8 Total loss>3.2
    The only thing that upsets me is that i've been trying to get out of the 160's for what seems like for ever! I need to break out of the 160's :grumble:

You are at 160.8!! That is really good! Don't play it down, celebrate it! Keep going as you are and you'll be where you want to be soon enough!

The thing is that i've been stuck in the 160's for a real long time and even being at 160.8 i've managed to stay there and not lose anymore weight. But this morning I finally did it! I weighed in at 158.8! But I know I shouldn't get too excited. as I feel I might only set myself up for failure. :grumble:
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    They are a great company. I honestly don't know what I did with myself before I got Zero. (he's named after the ghost dog in The Nightmare Before Christmas lol) He's so much fun and has more energy than most small children. He wears me out and still wants to go longer. And ...oh my god.. when I'm doing a Jillian or Bob dvd and I'm into the high knees (oh how I LOATHE the high knees) Zero's my little coach. He'll actually stand in front of my and jump at my heels. I don't know what he "thinks" I doing but I have no choice but to move faster, higher and longer because I don't want to kick him. :laugh:
  • TooFatToFit
    Options

I need to learn how to quote.

I'm hoping I see 139 on the scale before I leave. I'm running around doing laundry. My husband had a five hour interview today and I'm anxiously awaiting his phone call. I'm hoping they offer him the job on the spot. He's so perfect for it.

I've already got my snack bag packed but I just read up on the weather and it apparently SNOWED where we are going! So now I have to revamp my whole pack job to include warmer clothes!

Snow was the *last* thing I expected.

Can't wait to come home and weigh in for the final day of our challenge. I know I've passed the three pounds already but it will be nice to be able to put in a final weight to my losses for the month!

Sarah, if you look at the bottom right of someone's post, you'll see Quote written there in blue. Simply click on that, and type your reply beneath it in the box...then you've quoted!

Snow! Yikes! Are you going to higher elevations? Hopefully it is not too cold. I'm glad you're going to keep your body well fueled!
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    I have two dogs...two 14 year oooooold dogs who have probably thought I've been acting very strangely. :laugh: They tend to laze around the living room floor so I'm working out all around them and they just sort of watch, and I bet in their heads they're thinking...WTF? lol

I'm trying to think of something interesting to tell you about myself that isn't weight loss related. Here's a few, but I'm not sure how interesting they are:

- I start school again on Tuesday (Monday is Thanksgiving in Canada) at the age or 35! I'm actually really excited, though I have always loathed school, because I know it is my ticket to being a successful single mother, not having to accept so much financial help.

- I have an actual allergy to the cold. When my skin gets too cool (it doesn't have to be much), I break out in hives that seem to itch right to the bone. It's so intense! I also live in Northern Ontario, so the climate doesn't help much. Luckily, however, as long as I take my prescription strength antihistamine faithfully every day, I barely get a hive.

- I don't really like watching movies. I really have never met another person who doesn't like watching movies, and I feel like a freak. What is wrong with me? lol I get bored, and I'll watch them if whoever I'm with wants to, but I have to be doing something else, too...I'll cross stitch or do crosswords or something.
  • Eveline_ph
    Options
    I don't really like watching movies. I really have never met another person who doesn't like watching movies, and I feel like a freak. What is wrong with me? lol I get bored, and I'll watch them if whoever I'm with wants to, but I have to be doing something else, too...I'll cross stitch or do crosswords or something.
    I don't like watching them either! I can watch tv series or something, but I just cannot sit on my *kitten* watching a movie for an hour and a half! Feel like just getting stuff to eat to not get bored which is..quite bad :laugh: People think i'm weird :(
  • MissJennZ
    MissJennZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options

O-M-G please post a pic of your chiweenie pooch! my mind is going crazy wondering how small and cute it is!!
  • MissJennZ
    MissJennZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Personal Info to share:

I'm a full time Paralegal Student and full time employee, i play in 2 softball leagues and my BF of 6 yrs is in the MN National Guard :-)

PS-i had 2 back to back midterms last night and i SMOKED THEM!!!! UGH it felt so fantastic! I celebrated with nachos and 2 beers and will be playing softball this weekend to burn off the cals!

Question: when you're REALLY tired do you eat worse? i find that now that i'm in school im EXHAUSTED 95% of the time and instead of getting a good meal id rather save the time and grab something not as healthy. thoughts?
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Today I am OUT of the 140's!! SO stinking happy!! I never should have been there in the first place :)

And I'm down 2% body fat ! Still not a good number (32%) but I'm working on it.

I better let the 120's know I'm sneaking up on them :D
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Personal Info to share:

I'm a full time Paralegal Student and full time employee, i play in 2 softball leagues and my BF of 6 yrs is in the MN National Guard :-)

PS-i had 2 back to back midterms last night and i SMOKED THEM!!!! UGH it felt so fantastic! I celebrated with nachos and 2 beers and will be playing softball this weekend to burn off the cals!

Question: when you're REALLY tired do you eat worse? i find that now that i'm in school im EXHAUSTED 95% of the time and instead of getting a good meal id rather save the time and grab something not as healthy. thoughts?

Tiredness is a major culprit in making me eat more than I would normally. I find I get hungrier and crave foods that aren't exactly good. You sound like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment (excuse pun). My only advice is to be kind to yourself - really kind. Know your limits and try to set regular sleeping/waking pattern and have stuff nearby that can help you. Nuke a potato in the microwave and have filling to hand (my fave is a 30g portion of cheese and some sliced ham) or pop it in the over for an hour and go do something else. I find Jackets are filling and comforting and quick. Planning also helps, I know I've got certain days where cooking from scratch just won't happen so I'll buy stuff to bung in the over that I know won't go above say 500 cals per meal.
    Good luck with your studies btw :smile:
  • MrsBlobs
    Options
    Today I am OUT of the 140's!! SO stinking happy!! I never should have been there in the first place :)

And I'm down 2% body fat ! Still not a good number (32%) but I'm working on it.

I better let the 120's know I'm sneaking up on them :D

Thrilled for you! Genuinely! It's a lovely feeling isn't it? Well done you, enjoy the moment!
  • MrsBlobs
    Options
    I have two dogs...two 14 year oooooold dogs who have probably thought I've been acting very strangely. :laugh: They tend to laze around the living room floor so I'm working out all around them and they just sort of watch, and I bet in their heads they're thinking...WTF? lol

I'm trying to think of something interesting to tell you about myself that isn't weight loss related. Here's a few, but I'm not sure how interesting they are:

- I start school again on Tuesday (Monday is Thanksgiving in Canada) at the age or 35! I'm actually really excited, though I have always loathed school, because I know it is my ticket to being a successful single mother, not having to accept so much financial help.

- I have an actual allergy to the cold. When my skin gets too cool (it doesn't have to be much), I break out in hives that seem to itch right to the bone. It's so intense! I also live in Northern Ontario, so the climate doesn't help much. Luckily, however, as long as I take my prescription strength antihistamine faithfully every day, I barely get a hive.

- I don't really like watching movies. I really have never met another person who doesn't like watching movies, and I feel like a freak. What is wrong with me? lol I get bored, and I'll watch them if whoever I'm with wants to, but I have to be doing something else, too...I'll cross stitch or do crosswords or something.

Hi RoseAnne, re the films I'm the same. I just don't want to sit down and give over the time etc. Although, I'm a little different. My husband will put on a film and I'll sit on the pc surfing or chatting. Next thing I know I start looking over to the telly, then I find myself slowly but surely slinking over to the sofa. Then, without realising it I'm on the sofa and totally in to the film! Haha. That's happened quite a few times.
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    I'm not sure how to post pics but I set a pic of him as my profile pic. He's actually not as small as most. He wasn't taken care of before we got him. the vet says that had he been fixed when he should have he wouldn't have gotten as tall and may have problems later, however, she doesn't see any signs of anything. So that's excellent. :love: I just love the little guy.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I weighed in today and the scale finally reflected a loss from my 1/2 marathon last Sunday. I'm down 3lbs, which makes 4lbs total for this challenge and my current weight to 108! I am in my goal target range!!! Now to get the scale to say 105 (vanity pounds) :)
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I weighed in today and the scale finally reflected a loss from my 1/2 marathon last Sunday. I'm down 3lbs, which makes 4lbs total for this challenge and my current weight to 108! I am in my goal target range!!! Now to get the scale to say 105 (vanity pounds) :)

Congratulations!! That must be such an amazing feeling.