VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hope everyone's been doing well. I've been pretty busy and have neglected this site.

At the start of this challenge I weighed 204.2
    Today I weighed 197.6
    That's 6.6lbs so far!

Going on a day trip with my husband tomorrow. Could be a challenge to stick to my healthy eating/exercise routine. Then Saturday we're having a big family get together in honor of my niece, her husband and their daughter. They live in England as he's military. So excited to see them. But it's a fish fry and I don't think there's going to be a single good (healthy) thing to eat! I guess it's time for portion control and extra exercise! Wish me luck! I think I'm going to NEED it!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Challengers!

Oct. 14th is the last day for the challenge. Be sure to update your weight loss progress and for any new members that may have missed the comments on providing your information, please follow the link below. Our next challenge will begin after our first challnege completion. Provide informtion you feel comfortable sharing. If you are participating highlight your name in blue and if you are not highlight in purple. Good luck as the challenge closes. I have seen some incredible weight loss amongst the group and can't wait to see the finally numbers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • otranquility
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I have been pretty absent on this thread ... I have just been so busy with life! Sorry!!!!

This journey is just so hard.... I don't know how everyone does this. Everyday is a struggle for me. There is not one day that I don't stress about what I eat! I am constantly thinking about eating and how big I am and how I just suck at this.

Please tell me I am not alone on this. Please tell me that eventually your mind just starts to work with you!
    I worry that I may just not be meant to be thin.
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You're not alone at all! In my situation it doesn't help at all that life is just pounding us right now. Actually, life has been pounding us since I got pregnant with DD#1. I cheated yesterday (twice) and today once and I need to stop before I get sick. It's not just cheating on my weight loss diet but also my Ulcerative Colitis diet as well. I was ok this morning but will probably be a mess tomorrow. Sigh...

I just look at my girls and remind myself over and over that I do NOT want them to have real memories of me looking like this. Pictures, ok, I can't get rid of every picture of them with me when they were babies... but I can make their actual memories of me be ones of a healthy mommy.

PS - can I just point out that you have lost 24 pounds which is freaking AWESOME!
  • otranquility
    Options
    I would also love my daughter to see a thinner me.
    And 24 pounds seems like a lot, but it really isn't that much when there is just SO MUCH to loose!
    I think I need to stop using pinterest.... every other picture is a yummy dish.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Sorry been very busy as it is now my busy time at work (until Feb/March :cry: ). How did everyone do this month and what is the challenge for next month?

I'm also almost done with 30DS. I'm on Day 3/Level 3 and am anxious to see the results! Also would like some suggestions for other DVDs to complement my cardio (I run about an hour or so 4 days a week).

I'm also happy to announce I've reached my ultimate goal weight range, but still want those pesky 3 "vanity" pounds!
  • christybrooker
    Options
    I just signed up on the roster. Looking forward to the next challenge so I can participate!
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just joined the spreadsheet. I'm excited to see what next month's challenge will be.

A little background: I'm a 30 year-old mother of two beautiful girls, ages 9 and 5. I'm married to a guy who tries hard, but isn't always that supportive. My weight has gone up and down my whole adult life. I've had body image issues since I was about 6, though. I was always told I was the "fat kid" in my class; looking back at pictures, there was no way I would be considered fat! Intellectually I know that, but I still deal with a distorted image of myself.

This summer I reached an all-time non-pregnant weight and almost cried right there on the scale. I've tried and tried and nothing seemed to work. My mom introduced me to MFP toward the end of August. I've logged in every day since and have managed to lose about 17 pounds (I lost a little before starting MFP). I'd really like to get healthy and be able to provide a good example for my two little girls. I don't ever want them to deal with the image issues I have, but I want them to be healthy. *sigh* Quite the balancing act.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Hooray it's the 14th today! :D

Have we decided on our next challenge yet? I didn't do so great in the last one...BUT pumped to give a new challenge a crack!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Welcome new members! I've seen some anticipation for the next challenge. Some people may be happier with this challenge given that it does not involve pounds lost :happy: Since it is difficult to get those pesky lbs off of our lovely bodies. Our next challenge will begin Saturday Oct. 15th (in order to give everyone ample time to update their lbs lost and become informed of the next challenge).

The challenge will include exercise minutes and water. Members must complete 150 minutes a week. In retrospect, that would be about 30 minutes split into 5 days. You can count anything you FEEL is exercise and split it into however minutes you'd like, so long as by the end of the week it totals 150 minutes.

In addition, there will be a daily challenge of drinking 8 glasses of that H2O. As always, you are more than welcome to drink more water and exercise more. This time around you would have to log in your progress every week with the update being each Saturday. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any other of our lovely Co-Leaders. We are happy to help. Remember the challenge begins Oct. 15th and ends Nov. 15th. Good luck with the last two days remaining of our challenge and for some last day :drinker: .

Go VERTICAL CHALLENGERS!
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So excited about exercise minutes. Didn't so well in last challenge.
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    So excited about exercise minutes. Didn't so well in last challenge.

Glad your excited!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Ready for the next challenge...will weigh in tomorrow morning
  • crystalandhoho
    Options
    Thanks laloquita21 for showing me this page,and challenge. I'm so excited to start.
    SW 336
    CW 298
    GW 130 lbs.
    Ht. 5'0"
    Goal 288 11/14/11 :flowerforyou:
    10819576.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    One challenge done. I'm ready for the next!!! Exercise has always been harder for me then just restricting calories...so it will be a challenge...BRING IT ON! :)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I would also love my daughter to see a thinner me.
    And 24 pounds seems like a lot, but it really isn't that much when there is just SO MUCH to loose!
    I think I need to stop using pinterest.... every other picture is a yummy dish.

24lbs is a significant weight loss! Please believe in yourself. You deserve to be thinner and healthy and you can do it!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Thanks laloquita21 for showing me this page,and challenge. I'm so excited to start.
    SW 336
    CW 298
    GW 130 lbs.
    Ht. 5'0"
    Goal 288 11/14/11 :flowerforyou:
    10819576.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

No problem! I'm so glad you joined! :bigsmile:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    One challenge done. I'm ready for the next!!! Exercise has always been harder for me then just restricting calories...so it will be a challenge...BRING IT ON! :)

Yippie! I'm glad you guys are liking the challenge!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Ready for the next challenge...will weigh in tomorrow morning

Awesome! I like that your in the Just Dance Challenge too! I've never tried that game, but I'd like to :happy:
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thought i best drop a line, ive been updating the spreadsheet but never get time to post, im joining the exercise/water challenge esp as i forget to drink water during the weekends. yaaay