VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    im 4ft 11 . im in xxx
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I weighed in today and the scale finally reflected a loss from my 1/2 marathon last Sunday. I'm down 3lbs, which makes 4lbs total for this challenge and my current weight to 108! I am in my goal target range!!! Now to get the scale to say 105 (vanity pounds) :)

That's flippin' awesome!! Well done you and very inspirational. I'm so happy for you!! :drinker:
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    im 4ft 11 . im in xxx

Hello there littlelol! Welcome to the shortest, sweetest, sexiest thread there is! :happy:
    There sure are a lot of shorties here so you are in good company - and taller than me!!

We have a rosta going so add yourself and whatever info you want. Those highlighted blue are taking part in our current challenge which closes on the 14th. We will be setting a new one then which is going to be a burn (and possibly water) challenge.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Welcome aboard x
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I weighed in today and the scale finally reflected a loss from my 1/2 marathon last Sunday. I'm down 3lbs, which makes 4lbs total for this challenge and my current weight to 108! I am in my goal target range!!! Now to get the scale to say 105 (vanity pounds) :)

Congratulations!! :)
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you guys know how the EA Active Sports 2 game was on wii. I absolutely loved it! It was so much fun and work. I can feel muscle soreness I haven't gotten to before, lol.

I didn't know all the information about the game t first and was happy to find out all the options when I bought it.

When you start of course you can have more than one profile. You choose between two trainers a male and female. The male works on strength training and the female works more with nutrition and cardio etc. They describe it more in the game I just can't recall. I went with the female and then you choose a 3 week program or 9 week program and then you choose your intensity, which is easy, moderate, and hard. It sounds like a lot on here but I'm glad you have so many options for when you are done. You do exercise like lunges with a resistance band (that comes with the game), if you have a wii board you have even more options and you also play basketball and mountain biking type games.

Along with that, you can keep a nutrition and exercise journal and see your progress online (similiar to mfp) and on the Wii. There are other things you can do such as create your own exercise and probably much more. So far I would give it 2 thumbs up lol.
  • krm0789
    Options
    I just wanted to let you guys know how the EA Active Sports 2 game was on wii. I absolutely loved it! It was so much fun and work. I can feel muscle soreness I haven't gotten to before, lol.

I didn't know all the information about the game t first and was happy to find out all the options when I bought it.

When you start of course you can have more than one profile. You choose between two trainers a male and female. The male works on strength training and the female works more with nutrition and cardio etc. They describe it more in the game I just can't recall. I went with the female and then you choose a 3 week program or 9 week program and then you choose your intensity, which is easy, moderate, and hard. It sounds like a lot on here but I'm glad you have so many options for when you are done. You do exercise like lunges with a resistance band (that comes with the game), if you have a wii board you have even more options and you also play basketball and mountain biking type games.

Along with that, you can keep a nutrition and exercise journal and see your progress online (similiar to mfp) and on the Wii. There are other things you can do such as create your own exercise and probably much more. So far I would give it 2 thumbs up lol.

A personal trainer in a box, not a bad idea! Do they guide you through the entire workout? It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the Wii fit exercises were "choose this one, do the moves, grab your remote, choose another move" & I didn't like that.

Thanks for reviewing it for us!
  • L2M1D52
    Options

A personal trainer in a box, not a bad idea! Do they guide you through the entire workout? It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the Wii fit exercises were "choose this one, do the moves, grab your remote, choose another move" & I didn't like that.

Oh yes duh I forgot that part, lol. So once you begin the screen tells you what's coming up. (Ex. Lunges) So the screen says that and also tells you what you need (ex. resistance band). After that they show you a tutorial before you have to actually start. Once you start, if you are doing it wrong the trainer will talk to you and say something like "try holding that a little longer watch me and then give it another try." The trainer also does the moves with you the whole time. During the workout you don't have to choose the exercise once you start it's already planned.

The only thing I don't like is if you haven't used the remote and it turns off, it will say game has lost connection until you move the remote again and it starts exactly where you were at. I read on mfp there is away around that I think. If you rather work on core, or upper body you can say that or you can make your own exercise plan. I haven't done that yet, but nope once you click begin it tells you exactly what to do. You don't have to keep stoping and choosing. :wink:
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone,
    the weigh in is next week and I have not lost any weight at all. Still working out and eating right.:( I will keep at it maybe next month.:angry:
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge also - I'm little under 5'2, but I'm sure I am shrinking!!:sad:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone,
    the weigh in is next week and I have not lost any weight at all. Still working out and eating right.:( I will keep at it maybe next month.:angry:

No weight loss is better than weight gain....keep at it!
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm new but want to join! A little late for the current challenge but I lost 2.6 pounds last week! Totally fake though, it was a fasting day from Friday night to Saturday night so I had no food or water during that time and I weighed in Sunday.

I'm 4'9.5" and 176 pounds. I'm a second degree black belt who can't do 60% of what I trained on for over 7 years... I was overweight the whole time but at my second degree test I broke my hand and twisted my knee. I gained about 25 pounds after that and then once I was healed and could exercise I was pregnant with my first and super sick. Excuses, excuses... time to get over it and move on. I WON'T let my girls remember me at this weight. I want them to look at pictures of me and ask who that is. :)

So, I'm up for a new challenge starting on the 15th! My twins turn 6 months on the 14th. :)

ETA: Haha... unless someone in the group of 6 or so women who didn't put their height is shorter I am the shortest of the group. Doesn't surprise me... :)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Can someone message me more info about this? I would love to get in on something like this. I am almost 5'1.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, I wasn't sure if the 3lb challenge would happen for me. I've had a few "off" days here and there. But overall I've been watching what I eat, logging it, and exercising regularly. Lo and behold- I've lost weight! Amazing when that happens! I met that 3lb goal and I'm looking forward to next week's goal!

How often would you say you have an "off" day? Do you plan for them? Believe me- I'm really not trying to take the easy way out or anything, but I've noticed that I am much more motivated after an off day and I tend to do better with the weight loss as a result. And my off days (except for just one binge that I can remember) haven't been that bad. I'm toying with the idea of picking a day on the weekend to relax a bit in order to have more momentum and motivation going into the week. Everyone is different and I'm thinking that this might work for me. We will see...
  • krm0789
    Options

Oh yes duh I forgot that part, lol. So once you begin the screen tells you what's coming up. (Ex. Lunges) So the screen says that and also tells you what you need (ex. resistance band). After that they show you a tutorial before you have to actually start. Once you start, if you are doing it wrong the trainer will talk to you and say something like "try holding that a little longer watch me and then give it another try." The trainer also does the moves with you the whole time. During the workout you don't have to choose the exercise once you start it's already planned.

The only thing I don't like is if you haven't used the remote and it turns off, it will say game has lost connection until you move the remote again and it starts exactly where you were at. I read on mfp there is away around that I think. If you rather work on core, or upper body you can say that or you can make your own exercise plan. I haven't done that yet, but nope once you click begin it tells you exactly what to do. You don't have to keep stoping and choosing. :wink:

Adding this to my wishlist :) Thanks for all your help!
  • krm0789
    Options
    Well ladies, I wasn't sure if the 3lb challenge would happen for me. I've had a few "off" days here and there. But overall I've been watching what I eat, logging it, and exercising regularly. Lo and behold- I've lost weight! Amazing when that happens! I met that 3lb goal and I'm looking forward to next week's goal!

How often would you say you have an "off" day? Do you plan for them? Believe me- I'm really not trying to take the easy way out or anything, but I've noticed that I am much more motivated after an off day and I tend to do better with the weight loss as a result. And my off days (except for just one binge that I can remember) haven't been that bad. I'm toying with the idea of picking a day on the weekend to relax a bit in order to have more momentum and motivation going into the week. Everyone is different and I'm thinking that this might work for me. We will see...

Congratulations! For me, every weekend is 'off,' and I plan for that. I just want to relax & enjoy myself on the weekends, & not worry about calories. If it takes me a little longer to get there, so be it, cause I'm enjoying myself!
  • Shariegreen
    Options
    Count me in, too - 5'0" SW 131.5. 9/28/11 GW 100 5/6/12. CW 130 10/8/11

As a kid I was super skinny and ran everywhere I went. And I was a good runner, too, winning or placing 2nd in all of our school's field days, etc. despite having shorter legs than everyone else. I had always wanted to become a runner and jog for exercise but having a sedentary upbringing as well as an overly concerned father who would rarely even let me ride my bike down the street because he was sure I would get hit by a car, attacked, abducted, etc. kept that from happening. Unfortunately, the effects from that are lasting not just in my weight, but also that I still have never gotten up the courage to go for a run as an adult because I'm sure I'll get hit by a car, attacked, abducted, etc.

Fast forward many years later, kids, corporate jobs and life caught up, my highest weight being 145 back in 2004/2005. I said enough is enough and lost the weight, getting down to 111 from May 2005-Feb 2006 just in time to renew my vows with my wonderful husband in Las Vegas for our 10 year anniversary in my column wedding dress. I lost it unhealthily, though, so once the wedding was over about 20-25 lbs. of it came back. I stay at 130-133 lbs no matter what I eat, that seems to be where my body wants me to be but I have other ideas. :). So instead of trying to do this alone as I have always done (unsuccessfully) I'm doing it differently this time and using the support of other MFP members. I'm a pretty private person and sharing these types of things is uncomfortable for me even with close family and friends. I'm afraid of failing and everyone I'm close to knowing I failed so I either don't try, or try secretly so if I do fail I'm the only one that knows. I think MFP will strike a good balance for me.

Married to my best friend since 1995, we have 2 boys ages 19 and 10 and I work between 20-40 hours a week at a job I most of the time really like. My husband works about 60 hours a week, 30 miles away, so all of the family and home day-to-day responsibilities fall on me. Oh, and I'm a Cub Scout Den leader for my youngest son and his 4 friends. Add my Parson Russell Terrier named Lucky whom I adore and all of this makes for a very full and blessed life, however, living and being around no one but boys means I take care of a lot of other people before I ever get to myself. SO not only have I finally added myself to the list, I'm steadily trying to move towards the top and understand, believe and agree that I'm not being selfish by doing so.

Thanks for reading all of this, I, too, tend to type too much. Pleasure to meet you all! (I've already added myself to the Google doc, too).
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    BUMP
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hello new members!

I would like everyone to fill out the roster as you feel comfortable. On the top of the roster we have four names in red, which are the lovely co-leaders in no particular order.

Not everyone has to participate in the challenges. However, I would love for everyone to still provide at least their profile name. In addition, to separate those who are participating and those who are not, I would like for people participating to highlight their name in blue, while people not participating highlight their name in purple. Our first challenge is to lose 3 lbs by Oct. 14, as the challenge began Sept. 14. It's coming close to the end so it would be unhealthy to lose 3 lbs in 4 days so no worries. Our next challenge will begin after that. Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Count me in, too - 5'0" SW 131.5. 9/28/11 GW 100 5/6/12. CW 130 10/8/11

As a kid I was super skinny and ran everywhere I went. And I was a good runner, too, winning or placing 2nd in all of our school's field days, etc. despite having shorter legs than everyone else. I had always wanted to become a runner and jog for exercise but having a sedentary upbringing as well as an overly concerned father who would rarely even let me ride my bike down the street because he was sure I would get hit by a car, attacked, abducted, etc. kept that from happening. Unfortunately, the effects from that are lasting not just in my weight, but also that I still have never gotten up the courage to go for a run as an adult because I'm sure I'll get hit by a car, attacked, abducted, etc.

Fast forward many years later, kids, corporate jobs and life caught up, my highest weight being 145 back in 2004/2005. I said enough is enough and lost the weight, getting down to 111 from May 2005-Feb 2006 just in time to renew my vows with my wonderful husband in Las Vegas for our 10 year anniversary in my column wedding dress. I lost it unhealthily, though, so once the wedding was over about 20-25 lbs. of it came back. I stay at 130-133 lbs no matter what I eat, that seems to be where my body wants me to be but I have other ideas. :). So instead of trying to do this alone as I have always done (unsuccessfully) I'm doing it differently this time and using the support of other MFP members. I'm a pretty private person and sharing these types of things is uncomfortable for me even with close family and friends. I'm afraid of failing and everyone I'm close to knowing I failed so I either don't try, or try secretly so if I do fail I'm the only one that knows. I think MFP will strike a good balance for me.

Married to my best friend since 1995, we have 2 boys ages 19 and 10 and I work between 20-40 hours a week at a job I most of the time really like. My husband works about 60 hours a week, 30 miles away, so all of the family and home day-to-day responsibilities fall on me. Oh, and I'm a Cub Scout Den leader for my youngest son and his 4 friends. Add my Parson Russell Terrier named Lucky whom I adore and all of this makes for a very full and blessed life, however, living and being around no one but boys means I take care of a lot of other people before I ever get to myself. SO not only have I finally added myself to the list, I'm steadily trying to move towards the top and understand, believe and agree that I'm not being selfish by doing so.

Thanks for reading all of this, I, too, tend to type too much. Pleasure to meet you all! (I've already added myself to the Google doc, too).

Thank you for sharing personal information. You've come to the right place. Feel free to add anyone you like for support. We are all in this together. :heart:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Can someone message me more info about this? I would love to get in on something like this. I am almost 5'1.

We just began the group a few weeks ago. Our first challenge was to lose 3lbs, which comes to a close in four days. No worries, we have our next challenge which will begin after that. Please fill out the roster with any information you feel comfortable sharing. Highlight your name in blue if you're in the challenges and purple if you aren't. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US