VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so happy that a supportive poster pointed me in this direction!! I'm 5'0" and 139.5 pounds. I've done all the diet drugs, fad diets, starvation - and now I'm trying to actually look at what I eat and exercise. I'm excited to join!

Tee hee! Our stats are sooo similar from starting weight, current weight, etc. Welcome!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    sorry I don't know what I'm doing here,
    But anyways, I want to do the challange too, and i can't get into that site any longer....
    It is hard for me to post anything because I'm at work, but I'm reading everything that everyone is writing. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm in, and I can't change the color of my name. sorry.

Hi! I was trying to change your color for you but I don't see your name. If you'd like you can inbox me your info and I can add it. Unless I overlooked your name. Let me know and WELCOME!!!
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea to do a challenge maybe where you burn a certain amount of calories each week or run/walk/bike a certain amount of miles...

I think calories burned is a fabulous idea. I'm in!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I agree, calories burned is a great idea.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with calories burned or exercise minutes logged! Pounds lost goals make me sort of nervous because you can do everything right and still they don't come off because you've built muscle or plateaued or something else beyond your control...and I'M here to take control of my eating and activity.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    sorry I don't know what I'm doing here,
    But anyways, I want to do the challange too, and i can't get into that site any longer....
    It is hard for me to post anything because I'm at work, but I'm reading everything that everyone is writing. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm in, and I can't change the color of my name. sorry.

I know exactly what you are doing here, getting healthy!! You're also in exactly the right place. So no stressing!!! Laloquita will sort you out!!

Anyway - morning all!! Looks like we'll be going for a burn challenge then...? Cool! :happy:
    Might make me more consistent in moving my bottom. That's always good.

Again - to remind people to update the rosta as they go - Thanks Girls xx
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I love the concept of an activity goal. Now that I'm at goal weight (still debating that one though) I need to up my exercise because my ultimate goal is to look healthy and strong. Exercise is what finally got me off of a plateau as well, so now a firm believer in exercise where I never had a taste for it before.
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! I'd be into an exercise challenge.I, more or less, have the eating down but I need to move my butt more! :) Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    I hope my spreadsheet update saved - first week on MFP done, first weigh-in and I'm down 2.8lbs! Woooohoooo!!!
  • MrsBlobs
    Options
    I hope my spreadsheet update saved - first week on MFP done, first weigh-in and I'm down 2.8lbs! Woooohoooo!!!
    Well done!! That's a really good start!! This site is brilliant and I know you will do great too. Welcome :smile:
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I am up for the activity challenge - would love to include both minutes and cals burned, that gives us two focus points and anyone that is carrying any injuries or is still working on building their fitness can still comfortably participate in some low end acticity but still aim for a minute goal :)

I'm pumped!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Just dont make us do 60 push ups a day. That was so brutal I had to quit before I hurt myself. Every other day would have been more sensible. That was an October challenge I decided to join. I dont think I'll tell them I didnt do them but I will log my weight at least.

Anyway, shorties, I hope all is going well and the scale is moving in a downwardly direction for everyone!!

I'm almost finished with my 30DS and will post full weight loss and inches lost here in this thread. No pictures sadly. I'll have to take some while on vacation. I wish I'd taken a photo to do before and after but oh well :(

My husband loves kettlebells and he got me a kettlebell about a year ago for a "gift". I didnt use it much since I didnt have any workouts to go with it but now I do! I got Jillian's Shred It DVD and will be starting that when I get home from vacation.

I decided not to take my scale on vacation. I'm bringing a lot of food with us so I know what I will be eating. Good hiking food! I'll probably get more exercise this coming week than I normally do so I'm already anticipating jumping on the scale after its over.

I'm doing better at getting close to 1200 calories a day while still staying away from fast food, pizza, cake, pie, brownies, candy, etc etc. :)

Also I cannot frigging wait to see 139 on the scale. Thats still a super high weight for me but at least its OUT of the 140's. I'm so close (140.4) and I hope I get to see it before I leave.

We are doing this, girls!!! It can be done and we are doing it!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Just dont make us do 60 push ups a day. That was so brutal I had to quit before I hurt myself. Every other day would have been more sensible. That was an October challenge I decided to join. I dont think I'll tell them I didnt do them but I will log my weight at least.

Anyway, shorties, I hope all is going well and the scale is moving in a downwardly direction for everyone!!

I'm almost finished with my 30DS and will post full weight loss and inches lost here in this thread. No pictures sadly. I'll have to take some while on vacation. I wish I'd taken a photo to do before and after but oh well :(

My husband loves kettlebells and he got me a kettlebell about a year ago for a "gift". I didnt use it much since I didnt have any workouts to go with it but now I do! I got Jillian's Shred It DVD and will be starting that when I get home from vacation.

I decided not to take my scale on vacation. I'm bringing a lot of food with us so I know what I will be eating. Good hiking food! I'll probably get more exercise this coming week than I normally do so I'm already anticipating jumping on the scale after its over.

I'm doing better at getting close to 1200 calories a day while still staying away from fast food, pizza, cake, pie, brownies, candy, etc etc. :)

Also I cannot frigging wait to see 139 on the scale. Thats still a super high weight for me but at least its OUT of the 140's. I'm so close (140.4) and I hope I get to see it before I leave.

We are doing this, girls!!! It can be done and we are doing it!

When exactly are you leaving? Since you're going to be hiking, all day I assume, you'll probably be hungrier. I hope you let yourself eat a bit more...exercise + fresh air + vacation = starving! At least for me. :)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat Subway every chance I get while on the long drives and I'm bring tons of snacks like nuts, popcorn, protein bars, yummy fiber one bars, and even some homemade beef jerky. I'm bringing sandwich fixing's for peanut butter and jelly and turkey and harvarti sandwiches.
    So yes, I will be eating plenty! And I'm not even bringing a measuring spoon for the peanut butter :O I will try not to go overboard and will try to get on and log on my husbands Iphone if I can.

Leaving Saturday early early.
  • MrsBlobs
    Options
    *Whispers*
    It's very quiet in here......(a pin drops)
    I can only assume it is because you are all very busy working hard to meet or beat the challenge...?
    *Whispers*
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Here's a random post to break the silence: I've found that my kitty is a great workout motivator. She'll sometimes give me kisses mid-pushup, and loves to sneak underneath me mid-plank. When I feel out of steam but my only options are crushing the kitty and holding the position a little longer, well, I have to endure it!
  • mrs_n0rris
    Options
    Heheehee my Pom pup does the same thing. Tries to lick my face while in the down position of crunches and generally bugs the crap out of me when I'm at his level (read: on the floor).

On a different note, I think I'm going into hibernatin mode with all the cool weather. I NEED to make sure I get out/exercise every work day. Now I work from home so it's easy to get wrapped up in work and home stuff and then not leave the house all day.
  • mrs_n0rris
    Options
    double post, sorry!
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Here i am! 5 ft, 148 lbs :o)
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Is it too late for me to join?

I'm 46 5'1-last weight in was 188-GW 150, and then some!!Lives in Spokane WA?

I need a group to join to keep me on top of it

Shori~