How do you like your eggs?

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    I like mine from a Duck! They have such gorgeous yolks... so rich and golden and bursting with flavour. I love them poached, scrambled, boiled, omelette... all yummy.
    How's this from a duck! BALUT BABY!!!

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i've been on a fritatta bender lately, but i'll eat eggs any way. prob poached with some toast is my favorite though
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Fried in bacon grease or scrambled with some mushrooms, onion and red bell pepper -- and always whole.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Fried (non stick pan with spray oil) on top of home made fried rice with heaps of veggies, and topped with my husband's home made fresh chilli relish - yum!
    Usually we have eggs from my sisters chooks who roam around their property eating whatever they can find and the yolks are so bright yellow it looks although they are artificially coloured - so much better than the pale wishy-washy eggs we get from the shop.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I like mine from a Duck! They have such gorgeous yolks... so rich and golden and bursting with flavour. I love them poached, scrambled, boiled, omelette... all yummy.
    How's this from a duck! BALUT BABY!!!

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

Oh goodness!!!! I watched my ex-SIL eat it one time and I almost lost it. BLECH!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dryfli
    Options
    my 3 fav ways:
    #1 when i have the cals avail:
    take a nonstick pan, put on low low heat, melt 1 tsp butter, add to this, 2-3 eggs that have been beaten with 2-3 tbsp of half and half. heat on low, cook the eggs very slowly. salt and pepper to taste. may take up to 10min to soft scramble. use a soft spatula. the eggs are super creamy and delicious.
    #2 saute one sweet onion with EVOO (2 tsp). cook until soft. remove from heat. add one package of chopped spinach (water removed). add some feta cheese (1/4 cup or so). add 1 tsp garlic salt. mix well. use this at the filling for an omelet. love this.
    #3 turn the oven to 300. spray a small pottery dish with pam. beat 2 eggs well and put in dish. dice whatever meat or veggie i can find. sprinkle in some cheese. put it in the oven. take a shower and get dressed. come downstairs and breakfast is done.