What if your friend at work told on you?

Options
124»

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    have to ask - is the coworker male or female?
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I think it's something she did that maybe she thought she was required to do and she doesn't know that you cover up her errors? I think you both should report the errors and just learn from the mistakes and they won't happen again? Otherwise the errors will build up, she won't learning anything from you not telling her, and then cost the company money.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It is NEVER a good idea to be friends with coworkers.

Wow, we come from totally different worlds. I've worked in environments for years where, if it weren't for the deep bonds we created with each other inside and outside of work, we would have never survived the jobs. Of course, one of those jobs has an average employee lifespan of about 2-3 years. On the other hand, they were not competitive corporate environments, but intense non-profit therapeutic and educational environments.

If you are friends, I would just talk to her about it honestly. Tell her that you wished she would have talked to you first before reporting your errors, and mention that you could have reported similar things many times in the past, but acted as a team player, with everyone's best interests in mind. She will either acknowledge to you why she did it, or at least have to acknowledge that her motives are transparent. If she's trying to make some sort of move, then it will be good to know it sooner than later, and you can adjust accordingly.