30 Day Shred for October

Options

Replies

• minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Logged Day 6, Level 1 this morning at 5, before my spin class. Pants are a little bit looser today. Wish now I had taken measurements along with some of you.

Hope everyone gets great results tomorrow! Keep up the good work!
  • isletri
    isletri Posts: 18
    Options
    Day 6 for me :)
    I feel like I've gotten much better with my form, and certainly my endurance is up. I do 2 workouts a day - 3ds in the am and some other aerobics in the PM - i found a simple 25 minute zumba thing on vimeo, it's fun, i look ridiculous and i pour sweat halfway through :)

I'm still on 3# weights and still have to switch to 2# on the side lunge arm raise thing (yeah that's the technical term) in which I drop the weights for the last 10 reps becuase my arms are weak on that. my legs kill but i'm able to push through it.
    Still do pushups on my knees but I'm able to keep doing them the entire time they do - maybe not as fast.

As for my eating habits I'm doing well. Seems I eat between 1300 and 1600 calories and probably burn 400 calories a day doing about 45 minutes aerobics/ circuit training type exercises

Are people weighing themselves weekly, every 10 days, or just after the 30 days?
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Day 6 for me :)
    I feel like I've gotten much better with my form, and certainly my endurance is up. I do 2 workouts a day - 3ds in the am and some other aerobics in the PM - i found a simple 25 minute zumba thing on vimeo, it's fun, i look ridiculous and i pour sweat halfway through :)

I'm still on 3# weights and still have to switch to 2# on the side lunge arm raise thing (yeah that's the technical term) in which I drop the weights for the last 10 reps becuase my arms are weak on that. my legs kill but i'm able to push through it.
    Still do pushups on my knees but I'm able to keep doing them the entire time they do - maybe not as fast.

As for my eating habits I'm doing well. Seems I eat between 1300 and 1600 calories and probably burn 400 calories a day doing about 45 minutes aerobics/ circuit training type exercises

Are people weighing themselves weekly, every 10 days, or just after the 30 days?

I suggested that we weight in every Saturday.
  • Kirstina88
    Kirstina88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've only managed 30 Day Shred 4 times since Saturday - don't think anything has changed, but I've not really ammended my eating. I'm going to watch my food next week, it's been hard to keep up with exercise and eating this week as my Dads just got out of hospital this week so I've been running round after him!

What has everyone else been eating?
  • andrialindsay
    Options
    Whoo hoo! almost done with level 1! Not doing it over this weekend... 16 hour shifts+not enough sleep=too much! How is it going for everyone? I think its a little boring, but its a workout! I've gained 1.8 lbs, but I am noticing some small changes. What about everyone else? Noticing any changes?
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!!!!!!! WHEN DO WE START??????????
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D3 last night. Scale is going up, but I expected that. Think I'll check my measurements on Monday and skip the scales for a week or so :)

Yeah that happens with me as well when I start a new fitness program. I dont even bother to weigh myself beacuse it makes me crazy. Howwever I know its beneficial because I can blow through the cardio portion now without getting winded and having to stop. Day 6 Level 1 Done!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hanging in there, though I've missed a couple days... Thinking about doing L1 through Tuesday and then ADDING L2; followed by doing L2 AND 3 to get a longer workout with a better burn... Anyone else thinking about doing this?
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does it seem a lot shorter now that i've done it for 4 days.. Man that first day felt way longer than 20 minutes. I totally suck at the sholder raises, lunges are good but man..
  • Kayres2011
    Options
    It is definitely getting easier. I am on d3 l1 skipped yesterday because did not feel good. I am also doing another hour and half of cardio daily. I think I may skip the scales for a couple weeks because I feel great but it does not seem like scale is budging so I think I will just focus on how I feel for a couple weeks rather than what the scale says.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    wish i could be like others and say it was so easy today, but nope. I couldn't go the whole time today for some reason. Too wiped out; the weights felt like ton of bricks too. But at least I did it until I couldn't do it anymore. Today was day 5 so I guess you could technically say I did 4 1/2 days. :)

Well, I will be going to the gym later so I know I will burn more then.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! almost done with level 1! Not doing it over this weekend... 16 hour shifts+not enough sleep=too much! How is it going for everyone? I think its a little boring, but its a workout! I've gained 1.8 lbs, but I am noticing some small changes. What about everyone else? Noticing any changes?

I was thinking that it was getting boring too today. Actually, I was thinking, "shut up." lol
  • Iwillshyne
    Options

I'm on level 1, day 5. No visible results yet. Sunday will make a full week for me. But I have notice my endurance has increased. When I first began I can barely get through the push ups without stopping to take a breather but today I did it without a break. YAY Us!!
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Life got in the way and I wasn't able to do the workout on Wed or Thurs, but I was back at it today. Workout #5 in the bag. I have to admit that having this forum is super helpful in keeping me motivated!! Without it I probably would have found a ton of excuses to not get back on the horse tonight. I'm really glad that other people are out there to struggle with me and tell me to "suck it up 'cause I did and now you have to!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Day 7, Done! Was tough after my c25k run but I did it! Ive noticed I can do more push ups this time around. Used to only be able to do 10max now i'm pushing through 20 in 30 seconds. (the ones on the knee though) Keep it up!!
  • prettyash76
    Options
    Im in. Im on day 4
  • healthyzebra
    Options
    Exercise yesterday was L1D8 of the 30DS, plus 45 minutes of ab workouts. Yes, 45 minutes! My abs BURNED. Today was L1D9, and I'm really excited to be moving onto L2 on Sunday! (: That also works perfectly because Sunday is when my family is having Thanksgiving dinner, and I want to burn as much as I can so I can indulge in turkey dinner. :laugh: (I'm Canadian, so Thanksgiving is in October.)

From what I can tell, everyone is doing really well - keep on it, guys! And if you aren't seeing any progress, do not worry/stop/lose hope. Think: in less than 30 days from now, imagine the progress you could have. Even if the number on the scale doesn't change, or even if your measurements don't change, I'm willing to bet a gajillion dollars that you are going to have made at least one bit of progress.
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My starting stats:

SW: 178
    Bust: 42
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 42

Week 1 stats:

CW: 175.4
    Bust: 42
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 42

Not sure how it's possible to lose weight, but lose no inches. That's ok- I'll take it. :laugh:
  • terahbecker
    terahbecker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 21 for me, starting level 3!! Have done it 20 days in a row and can tell a big difference in my abs and arms!!!
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D6 today. Have not been doing it everyday due to a half marathon training schedule but I'm doing it on strength training and rest days. :) Feeling good!