10/1/2011 33 46 51

healthyzebra waist hips thigh calf arm
    10/1/2011 29.5 36 21 14 11

Lornawalker weight bust waist hips arms thigh
    10/1/2011 146 36 28 37 12 22
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have all those who have posted their current measurements and weight on a spread sheet to keep up on a weekly basis. If you would like me to input the weekly updates just message me your measurements every week. Good Job Everyone!!! Keep it up and keep supporting one another. I personally am extremely sore. I don't do the jumping jacks because they hurt so I just do some other sort of cardio to keep my heart rate up. And those push ups!! ugh!!

Although, anyone is welcome to join this group, I will not be adding anyone else to my spreadsheet. It takes too much looking back and forth and I have already set it up. So good luck to all!!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done but oh my goodness! This body is not jumping jack friendly!!! Wish I could say that I did it all the way without short breaks but I'd be so lying. And push ups...give me a break! lol :) Kudos to you all who did. I hope this does get easier, whew!

How did you all calculate for your exercise? I put in 9min of strength, 6min of cardio (aerobic), and 3 min of situps.

This is my second time doing this and It does get easier but not until day 4 or 5, and not that much easier LOL! But next thing you know, you are breezing through the jumping jacks, adding the "hard" pushups and seeing your clothes fit looser.

You can count it as circuit traning for the entire time, but the best thing to do is get a heart rate monitor and record it as a customized workout. But circuit training most closely describes what Jillian has us doing.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wow I woke up this morning and my arms are killing me. I was thinking of not using the weighs today because I'm so sore. What do you all think? What do you do when you're really sore from the day before?

You're going to be really sore the first few days no matter what you do. You can use lighter weigths and put them down when you need to and continue the moves without them. Listen to your body though. If you hurt you self you wont be able to excercise.
  • birthright
    Options
    I am in and can't wait to get started!!
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    My butt is sore. :frown:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I did my second 30DS workout last night, and got a friend to try it too (she was coming to stay over and I said, bring stuff to workout!) It was harder this time since I was a bit sore from the first day and I also went for a run yesterday. Bit sore this morning but I'll be in for my butt kicking again tonight hahaha.
    We also took our measurements last night so that will help me track my progress.
  • biglilfish
    Options
    Ugh super sore today!! Jillian doesn't seem to be getting easier yet! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.... Gotta push through the 30 days!!!!!:happy:
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    today is day 3 which i'll do after work, my legs are on fire tho! anyone else having a hard time even sitting down or bending over to pick something up? lol Oddly enuf I'm looking forward to tonights workout! =) Good luck everyone!
  • isletri
    isletri Posts: 18
    Options
    I don't have measurements becuase I left both of my tapes at my friends house making a costume.
    Starting weight 146 @ 5'8"

Day 2, so far so good, still a struggle on 2nd sets but that's fine I'd father be tough then too easy

for whoever asked about not using weights becuase their muscles hurt today:
    use your smallest weights, if those seem to be heavy (ie you can't get through the entire workout becuase you're turning into jello and you can't perform even the mod the exercise properly), then put them down once you get to that shaky point - but don't give up on the weights entirely.
    if you get through it and your muscles aren't exhausted - up your weights a little.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My upper thighs in the back are sore... Oh and I don't do butt kicks because my knees can't handle the impact. Instead I do jump rope so my weight is supported by both feet instead of just one. It's all about modification... I WILL do the Shred tonight, even though I moved boxes for nearly three hours today. I will not be lazy and let it go. Bring it!
  • sara42066
    sara42066 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    IM IN....
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    So I started 30DS on saturday and right now my calves are SO sore I can barely walk. At all. lol. I keep stretching and it helps a little but not much. How the hell am I supposed to be able to do Day 3 today??? Ahh I need advice... :(
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    So I started 30DS on saturday and right now my calves are SO sore I can barely walk. At all. lol. I keep stretching and it helps a little but not much. How the hell am I supposed to be able to do Day 3 today??? Ahh I need advice... :(

you'll notice that once you start, the soreness will go away. Try some yoga stretches before if you want, they will help get the blood flowing.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have all those who have posted their current measurements and weight on a spread sheet to keep up on a weekly basis. If you would like me to input the weekly updates just message me your measurements every week. Good Job Everyone!!! Keep it up and keep supporting one another. I personally am extremely sore. I don't do the jumping jacks because they hurt so I just do some other sort of cardio to keep my heart rate up. And those push ups!! ugh!!

Although, anyone is welcome to join this group, I will not be adding anyone else to my spreadsheet. It takes too much looking back and forth and I have already set it up. So good luck to all!!

I am keeping track on my own spreadsheet with weight/measurements and was going to just post that when this is over. Were we suppose to turn in measurements and etc??
  • fakeplastictree
    Options

I am keeping track on my own spreadsheet with weight/measurements and was going to just post that when this is over. Were we suppose to turn in measurements and etc??

Only if you wanted to. Some did some didn't. It's not important just doing it for those who wanted to take part in that. :happy:
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh okay, thanks! :D

I have to say I thought I would feel more sore today but I am not. I can tell I've done something but I'm not sore at all really. Maybe that will change today when I do it. :) I did feel the fatigue though don't get me wrong! lol Especially so in the squats with the arm raises. I haven't quite mastered the side lunges... feel so clumsy and off balanced. Will be happy to report better coordination and stamina at the end. :)))
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    OH, the worst part of the whole thing is the side lunges with the lifting the weights in front stuff. I abhor that!!
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day three done, I am kinda sore all over but I think I'll be okay! Those shoulder presses and pushups are killer though. Can't raise with the side lunges though. Not with 5lb weights anyway XD might try to get some lighter ones.
  • Peach327
    Peach327 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am getting a late start. But I completed day 1, Level 1 today. My 5 year old did it with me. She turned into Jillian Michaels after the 1st circuit. It was hilarious and definitely helped it go by much faster. Apparently, she knows all there is to know about form. Go figure :-)