30 Day Shred for October

Options

Replies

• mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Day 2 of 30DS completed. Starting weight 190lbs, GW after 30DS 180lbs!
    Feeling good about this 30DS. I'm definitely not quitting. I want those results!!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    day 1 done for me and did it without taking a break!
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day two down- only 28 more to go. :laugh:

My starting stats:

SW: 178
    Bust: 42
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 42
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done for me as well.

Where I'm starting at:

SW: 151
    Bust: 36.5
    Waist: 27.6
    Hips: 40

Goal by Halloween: 145 at LEAST, and a 27 inch waist (even!)
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Second day is complete... Measurements... Arms: 12.5", Waist: 29", Hips: 41.5", Thighs: 25", Calves: 15.5"
  • keithaj1
    keithaj1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Two Days in for October 30ds... How is everyone doing?
    I hate those bycycle ab exercises the most.
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day Two: I hurt so freaking much! Great burn + motivation = results. Lets get it in.
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    days 2 complete and Im feelin the burn yo!
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done but oh my goodness! This body is not jumping jack friendly!!! Wish I could say that I did it all the way without short breaks but I'd be so lying. And push ups...give me a break! lol :) Kudos to you all who did. I hope this does get easier, whew!

How did you all calculate for your exercise? I put in 9min of strength, 6min of cardio (aerobic), and 3 min of situps.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D4 tonight & it definitely gets a little easier! After D1 my legs were shaking soo bad! They were like jelly..now I feel like it's a bit easier, but man I still hate jumping jacks!
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 2- Level 1. It is hard, but I love the challenge!

CW: 186
    GW after 30DS: 180
  • neuro316
    neuro316 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Finished day 3 of Level 1 - I can already feel an improvement from just two days ago, especially in my endurance in the cardio portions. I'm not sure I'll ever be good at push ups, but I figure whatever I do is better than zero! I'm definitely sore in my abs and quads, though!
  • DebsterWebster
    DebsterWebster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Day 2 down, Level 1.

Starting Weight: 130
    Goal Weight (Oct. 31st): 120

What day do most of you switch to Level 2 Workout? Just curious. :)

Good luck everyone!!!
  • auptagdar
    auptagdar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This was actually my 5th day (going to miss next week so figured I could still join for October). I must say, the improvement I see in only five days is phenomenal. I wish I would have tried this two years ago when I first started MFP. If so, I would probably be close to goal weight by now. I've been doing the elliptical runner mostly and I can see now where the strength training and ab work is going to make a huge difference. I would reach plateaus on the runner and give up for a few months. I can already feel the difference and I am only at level 1.

But did I read correctly, people actually do this twice in one day? LOL
  • MonaIsaak
    Options
    Day 2L1 completed....oh man iam goona try to get my workouts in the morning cause its hard to do it later in the day...i kept coming up with reasons why i should wait till later till i got too 11:35pm when i finally forced myself to get up. So happy the kids are back to school tomorrow, hoping to do it once they leave and be done with it for the rest of the day. Hope everyone is doing great.

Upper waist:33
    Lower waist:46
    hips:51
  • healthyzebra
    Options
    Day 4 of Level 1 is done - I wasn't going to do it tonight because it was 10:30pm and I was tired and I didn't want to and MAN those four or five bites of lemon meringue pie that my mom had just made were SO good and I could definitely go for a slice or two or maybe three; but NO! I said to myself, clenched my teeth, and just did it. No pie, only sweat, and man, does it feel good. (: I can feel myself getting better at the push ups - minimal breaks, though I'm still only on the modified ones.

Also measured myself last night, so here they are:

Waist: 29.5"
    Hips: 36"
    Thigh: 21"
    Calf: 14"
    Upper Arm: 11"
  • JamieMerrell
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 done! It is getting easier, can tell a big difference from day 1. Keep it up everyone!! :happy:
  • isletri
    isletri Posts: 18
    Options
    Oct 2nd, Day 1 yesterday.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites, tom, onion, cheddar cheese (should have skipped but might as well get the last peices out of the house), wheat wrap, taco sauce
    Coffee
    Lunch: Nutrisystem wedding soup
    More coffee
    Dinner at the BF's rents house: 2 teryaki steak tips, corn on the cob (no butter), tomato wedges, cucumber spears, 1/4 cup pasta. Diet soda.
    I didn't count my water intake for the day but I imagine it wasn't enough.
    Worked out just before bed. 3# weights - which kill me on the move with the side lunge and raising my arms forward. Also pushups on knees.

today i need to do my measurements/photos, I need to keep track of my water, figure out a healthy UBER CHEAP meal plan, and I'd like to do 30ds every AM and with ambitious days also do another dvd since I know I can do more cardio.
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Wow I woke up this morning and my arms are killing me. I was thinking of not using the weighs today because I'm so sore. What do you all think? What do you do when you're really sore from the day before?
  • lornawalker
    Options
    I'm in, I completed 30 days in September without a rest and started round 2 on Saturday. Completed DAY 3 today :smile:

Starting Stats

Weight - 146lbs
    Neck 12.5
    Waist 28
    Hips 37
    Bust 36
    Bum 39
    L Arm 12
    R Arm 12
    L Thigh 22
    R Thigh 21.5

Good luck everyone