Best Date you've ever been on?

Options
Avalonis
Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
Ok people, tell us the best date you've ever been on!

RULES: No wedding day dates, no proposal dates. Just dating, what did you enjoy the most.

YES, this is shameless trolling for ideas.

List the positives of the date, and if there was negatives, list those, and why they weren't a big deal.

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    It was a simple but lovely date, we went to a scenic place and walked my dog and just talked and enjoyed each others company :) My dog loved him and he was great with my dog and that's a huge plus for me hehe
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mine was simple too. We ordered some food and curled up on the couch and watched some movies. It was our second date and it was great!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I was 32 and had never been mini golfing.
    When my boyfriend came here to visit for my birthday, it was an unusually nice day in Janurary and we went.

I had SO MUCH FUN!

Just simple things are so nice.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Amusement park. Hands down. It was so much fun. The guy and I were still just moving beyond friends and it was a really fun and relaxed way to spend the day together.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Mine was simple too. We ordered some food and curled up on the couch and watched some movies. It was our second date and it was great!

Everyone knows what "Lets watch a movie at my place" means.

Dirty girl. ;)
  • canuckgurrl
    canuckgurrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We had been married for a few years. Grandma took our daughter for the night. Headed downtown Toronto.
    It was close to Christmas. Went for dinner (not expensive place). Decided to walk around. The Christmas
    lights and the crisp night air was perfect. Walking and talking, it was the most romantic evening.

Hope you are insipired.

Gail
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We had been married for a few years. Grandma took our daughter for the night. Headed downtown Toronto.
    It was close to Christmas. Went for dinner (not expensive place). Decided to walk around. The Christmas
    lights and the crisp night air was perfect. Walking and talking, it was the most romantic evening.

Hope you are insipired.

Gail

awe <3
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It was a simple but lovely date, we went to a scenic place and walked my dog and just talked and enjoyed each others company :) My dog loved him and he was great with my dog and that's a huge plus for me hehe

I love my pooch too :) is he/she a pit?
  • msjamartin
    Options
    Date? What is a date? Oh wait...I vaguely remember one of those from back in College...they were fun. Maybe someone is out there that will take me on one of these again. It has been too long. :-)
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    The second date with my current boyfriend. We just went out for drinks after work.

Positives: beer, fun bar atmosphere, he made me laugh a lot.
    Negatives: it was kind of short due to him playing softball that evening.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Best first date for me was

Dinner at PF Changs -- I am not a fan of chinese but I found something on the menu
    Swung on the swings at a park - it had been raining and he stole a napkin from the restaurant. I didnt even notice
    Went drifting in his 240sx - I love cars so it was fun!

Now that was a guy after my own heart. :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Husband and my second date. I had gotten free tickets to a comedy club. And we were going to dinner before, a restaurant I picked. (Since he planned date #1, I decided to plan date #2.) I got us lost, mixing up the directions for the comedy club and the dinner. I was embarrassed. He said to me, "I don't care if we drive around all night. I'm with you, and I'm having a great time." Yes, I think I just made some people vomit, but it totally made me feel better about being such a ditz when it comes to directions.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Together 5 years, married 2, and just this past Saturday we took our bikes to Port Huron (Michigan), had a late lunch at some little bar, then took a nice long ride down along the riverfront (under the bridge to Canada)...it was an unexpected beautiful day and we stopped at a beach for a while just to watch the freighters go by. A great way to spend the day....
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    took a girl to see Johnny Depps movie Cry baby. Movie sucked as bad as any movie can, theatre was near empty. When I walked out i told the folks standing in line to not waste their money and I was pissed off bigtime. Why was this my best date though? Because the girl i was with, saw me at my worst, still saw through me and saw the good too. We've been together for 22 years since then, married for 20 of them!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    When I was 6, a girl I knew whose parents worked in the same building mine did invited me over. We had pizza, hot chocolate, and she let me play her Nintendo for hours. That was a great day.

2nd best would have to be when my future wife finally let me get it on with her.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    The date I went on with my current BF of now a year and a half.

It was a blind date ( kinda of - we became FB friends before the date ) and It was the 4th of july. In a previous conversation before our date, he had asked me what one of my guilty pleasures was. I told him how sometimes when I am at target I smell the mens old spice dodrant becasue I love the smell! LOL weird, I know.

So, we meet for dinner. We walk into the restraunt and he tells me he forgot something in his car and he ran to go get it. He walks back in with a Stick of Old spice deodrant in his hand wrapped with a bow! LOL. ( Take notes guys, this means he LISTENED to me, and thought about the date )

After dinner he asked if I was enjoying myself, and wanted to go watch some fireworks. So we go to a park near his hime city and he has a big blanket for us to sit on, and bug spray ready. It may not seem like the most romantic thing in the world, but the effort he put into making this date important was awesome.

Before taking me back to my car after the fire works he admitted he was taking the long way becasue he wasnt ready to have the date be over with just yet.

I get to my car and we ended the date with a hug. I told him to feel free to text or call me later if he was up to it when he got home. Not 30 seconds into my drive home I get a text that sayd, "You are the coolest girl I have ever met, and you are so pretty. I know you said texting and driving is wreckless but I couldnt wait to tell you that"

We have been together ever since. Had one small break, and now I love him more than ever and he has asked me to move in, and also had me looking at diamonds. I have never respected and loved a man like I do him EVER. ( besides my dad, but thats a different kind of love ) and I know I am going to merry this man.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    The best date I ever went on was one I planned! We went to the go-cart track and raced, then headed to the beach where there was a band playing, we had a picnic dinner which was delicious and we danced on the boardwalk. the guy asked me out for a fourth date after that one, but I said no!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, my best dates involved some pretty major attractions, so I don't know how much help I'll be. :-)

My "first date" with the current boyfriend (although we'd already spent an entire night talking and gone out to breakfast and such before that) was a weekend at Disneyworld. We were sharing a hotel room with three other guys, so it was a little unconventional, but fun, anyway.

With my ex, it was two different "dates." We did Niagara Falls one night -- dinner in the revolving restaurant and just walking around looking at the Falls and talking. It was lovely. The next one was a weekend, too. He came from out of town and I made him dinner, then the next day we went to the Buffalo Science Museum and an art gallery, did dinner, that kind of thing.

Oh, and with another ex, we had a pretty awesome (more normal) first date. We went to the local observatory and laid on the concrete slad meant for telescopes and looked at the stars and talked, then went to a bar and played pool and darts and talked. The whole date lasted about eight hours. :-)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Oh it was so nice! This guy I had been dieing to ask me out, finally did. He was really shy, but for our first date we rode down to the beach. We lived only about an hour away. It was spring time and the weather was just right. We walked on the pier and on the beach for a while. We held hands a little, it was really intense because that was just not like him, he was so shy. We walked for hours holding hands, talking, sometimes a ackward silence would happen, but he always found something else to ask me about to break the silence. He was so sweet! We eventually went to eat at the little restaurant that faced the ocean and had a deck over looking the beach. We both requested at the same time to be seated on the deck. The sun was just starting to set, when we were seated. I wish time could have stood still at that moment. It was so gorgeous and so was he. I got a few drinks in him and rocked his world. :wink:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Went to a big concert witha 15+ band lineup. It was an all day event. And it POURED! It was freezing cold, my date took off his shirt to try and make a tent holding it over his head. Shivered together. Our first date.

Aside from the crappy weather, it was so fun! Very casual, lots of laughing :smooched: Ahhh, I knew he was going to be a great guy. I was totally right. Together almost 11 years later and married almost 7. :heart: