Best Date you've ever been on?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    The one where we had sex before the date, then went to dinner, then went dancing, then came home and had sex 2 more times.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    My best date wasnt supposed to be a date at all. Prepping for a biochem exam with a classmate that I was crushing on. We made plans to meet at a coffee shop and study. Wed study for a bit and then break off and chat and back and forth. We really hit it off. Ended up giving up the books and taking a walk by the river. Lots of goofiness ensued. Piggy back rides. Rolling down the hill. It was just really relaxed, simple and fun. The next time we went out though we had a real date and it was just weird. Le sigh. haha
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    With someone who I was at Notre Dame with, we were always 'friends' but there was always an edge to it...we met up years later in Baltimore and spent the evening with her at the Baltimore inner harbour for dinner, then an orioles game...was just awesome :-) ..and we did the same thing every day that week and a little road trip to Richmond Va, where her brother in law made me an honorary member of the Virginia Historic Society. Should have married her. Oh well :-)
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I've been on lots of dates.. I could write you a book.. but my FAVORITE date was my 2nd date with my now-husband, because well, it just didn't end - he kept my interest. I dropped everything to just get lost with him in our own little world. We had gone out the night before with a group of mutual friends, drank, all of that then since his house was closer, all slept there, next morning we hungout at his house. We had all ended up taking my car, so eventually I dropped off my friend back at her house and brought him to his car. When we got there he asked me if I was hungry and wanted to get some pizza. I normally don't like eatting with people (the noises they make with their mouths irk me) but I really liked him, so I said yes. He took me to this small pizza shop with the best pizza. I let him eat most of it. I even poured my grease on his bc he liked it. We laughed, we talked. We stayed there for hours. It got dark and they started to close up, so we were talking to the owner. He grabbed my hand and I stood there holding his hand while we talked. We got outside and he pushed me up against the side of the pizza shop and kissed me. I thought it was the coolest thing. I stayed with him. The next morning we woke up and spent the entire day just sitting in his room TALKING. I still remember waking up and it was bright and sunny and then before I knew what happened the sun went down. I never got bored once. I just really liked talking to him. I knew right there if I could spend an entire day in a room with no entertainment, no tv, no computer, no activity and REALLY have a good time, that this was someone I wanted to be with. I knew it right then. I stayed with him for about 5 days before a cop knocked on the door because my mom filed a missing persons report. I didn't even notice it had almost been a week. There hasn't been a single day that I haven't talked to him since that date.

I always said my perfect date would be to just sit in an empty room with someone and have a good time, then it happened and you know what, it was perfect. You can spend a fortune on someone, its not going to matter. You could do the most fun things in the world, its not going to build a connection -- it'll just give you something interesting to talk about.

I knew you looked familiar.....I saw your face on the back of a milk carton.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    He took me to get my palms read, then we ordered coffee and walk down the busy strip in the city. Talked until 5am...that was 4 years ago, and now we're getting married.
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oregon Duck football game!!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It was our first "official" date, we'd liked each other for a while. :blushing: We were in high school and went to different schools so we met at a movie theater and I thought I had gotten there first so I stayed in my car and pulled my mirror down to check my hair and make up. When I lifted the mirror, there he was. He had been there the whole time and saw me pull in. I will never forget the look on his face...like I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. His mouth was even hanging open a little bit. The rest of the night was amazing too but that moment made it the most incredable date I've ever been on....:blushing: :smile:
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Picked her up at work, headed to the beach and let her navigate, she got us lost but eventually got us there. We went into the ocean in march and it WAS freezing but neither of us wanted to be the first out so we stayed in the water for a while. Eventually when we came out we sat on the beach drinking a bottle of wine I brought in a backpack (which we had to drink stealthily out of paper cups since no alcohol on the beach) and then after really opening up, then made out for the first time. Then headed to a bar for some food and drinks and back to the beach in time for the sunset where we sat in the sand with my arms wrapped around her. Afterwards took her home... She is now my fiance... Fun day of laughs and intimacy!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    We had cheese, crackers, fruit, & wine on the couch and watched Finding Nemo... then danced to the credits, "Beyond the Sea".
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I've been on lots of dates.. I could write you a book.. but my FAVORITE date was my 2nd date with my now-husband, because well, it just didn't end - he kept my interest. I dropped everything to just get lost with him in our own little world. We had gone out the night before with a group of mutual friends, drank, all of that then since his house was closer, all slept there, next morning we hungout at his house. We had all ended up taking my car, so eventually I dropped off my friend back at her house and brought him to his car. When we got there he asked me if I was hungry and wanted to get some pizza. I normally don't like eatting with people (the noises they make with their mouths irk me) but I really liked him, so I said yes. He took me to this small pizza shop with the best pizza. I let him eat most of it. I even poured my grease on his bc he liked it. We laughed, we talked. We stayed there for hours. It got dark and they started to close up, so we were talking to the owner. He grabbed my hand and I stood there holding his hand while we talked. We got outside and he pushed me up against the side of the pizza shop and kissed me. I thought it was the coolest thing. I stayed with him. The next morning we woke up and spent the entire day just sitting in his room TALKING. I still remember waking up and it was bright and sunny and then before I knew what happened the sun went down. I never got bored once. I just really liked talking to him. I knew right there if I could spend an entire day in a room with no entertainment, no tv, no computer, no activity and REALLY have a good time, that this was someone I wanted to be with. I knew it right then. I stayed with him for about 5 days before a cop knocked on the door because my mom filed a missing persons report. I didn't even notice it had almost been a week. There hasn't been a single day that I haven't talked to him since that date.

I always said my perfect date would be to just sit in an empty room with someone and have a good time, then it happened and you know what, it was perfect. You can spend a fortune on someone, its not going to matter. You could do the most fun things in the world, its not going to build a connection -- it'll just give you something interesting to talk about.

what a great story..and proof, if it was ever needed..that it's about people and chemistry, not places :-)
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Best date for me was my first "date" with my hubby.

We were friends at the time, and when out for a car show which end up only 2 of us went there.

After the car show, which was about dinner time, he said may be we should go get some dinner. Making it sounds like just go with the flow of the day.... So we went and had a great time.

Right after dinner, he ask me if I want to check out a movie or not, and guess what
    > he took out a few printed out of all the current movie time <
    I finally figured out it's his very shy way to ask me out for a date. :-)

Since that "un-official" date, we've been seeing each other every weekend, and followed by a wedding 4 years later. :-)
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    The best date I've ever been on was when I was in college believe it or not! Usually a "college" date is buying someone a draft at penny beer night. lol

He refused to tell me where he was taking us and just started driving. We pulled into this park overlooking a lake and there next to the lake was a checkered table cloth laid out on the ground with a full picnic, wine and candles. He actually paid his roommate to set it all up for him and wait for us. He even brought a bag of bread for us to feed the ducks. Who does that? Anyway, it was by far the sweetest, most wonderful thing anyone has done for me...we watched the sun set and talked. I'll never forget it... :smile:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    One was when we went skiing, my idea. Another was when he surprised me and took me to a concert hours away. I still didn't know know where we were going even though I knew there was that concert that day- yeah I'm a little gullible!

I'll agree though, the important thing is that you click and enjoy each other's company. Have yet to have one of those dates.
  • ladycomix
    Options
    I moved away from NC to CA. Found out I'd be traveling to NC for work and called a friend up. He drove an hour to Raleigh the night after a huge storm and picked me up. We went to the Fresh market and picked up random yummies and headed to the beach. Talked the entire way there and back. Was like I'd never left, but better :)

edited to add: it was the click, and feeling of going home. That wasn't the most $$ anyone's spent, or most elaborate day planned for me. Just the best :)
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    dinner and a walk outside on a warm day, and then venturing into a bookstore and comparing our favorite genres, authors and books :)
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    OK, women are going to think I'm crazy, but the guys are going to love it...

Alcohol and pay-per-view boxing.
  • trixie5059
    trixie5059 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My best date was my High School grad.....long time ago. I was young and very much in love....We had a great time at my grad, and after at the party. I lived in the country, and we had to drive home an hour talking away. We arrived home at my place and talked some more. The next morning my dad tapped on the window of the car, we had fallen asleep in the car talking and holding hands.. I also had some very bad dates with my boyfriend of 10 years,

The other most memorable date ended walking home in the snowfall, holding hands.....I guess the most of simple things are the most romantic
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    OK, women are going to think I'm crazy, but the guys are going to love it...

Alcohol and pay-per-view boxing.

i don't think you're crazy...except for the fact that you said pay-per-view boxing and not the ufc fight ;)
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    This was in the 90's...UFC wasn't as popular then as it is now. I watch both now, but I'm becoming picky about which boxing bouts I watch.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    This was in the 90's...UFC wasn't as popular then as it is now.

fair enough :)