10/9 72 oz water / 0 jumping jacks / 0 miles
    10/10 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 4 miles
    10/11 60 oz water /0 jumping jacks/ 5 miles
    10/12 water done/0 jumping jacks/ 0 miles
    10/13 water done /0 jumping jacks/ 2 miles
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So far, ive got the water every day and done 8 miles of walking/ hiking while on vacation. 100 more jumping jacks and ill be done!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Thursday 10/13/11
    56 oz water
    0 jumping jacks ( have a right bad knee)
    another 2.07 miles on top of 6.83 miles.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing thus far??? Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so I hope everyone has been making smart, healthy choices!!!

Week 3 mini-challenge is inspired by a few army guys that I saw doing the Mother Road Half Marathon this last weekend - they did the 13.1 mile run in their army uniforms with 35 pound packs on their backs...AMAZING!! I'm not going to make you run with huge packs on your back, but I do want to see some extra weight in your miles this week.

The goal is 7 miles (that's only 1 mile/day) and find some way to add a little weight to run/walk...put some cans in a backpack, use wrist/ankle weights, whatever you have to do to add some extra weight.

I also want to see some crunches instead of jumping jacks - let's shoot for 50/day.

And as always - stick with your 8 glasses of water/day.

I hope everyone sees some nice low numbers tomorrow morning!! :drinker:
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    All logged .... water doing well, running doing well, weight loss coming on ... but the sit-ups and jacks part :( ... not so good
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Week Two Challenge:

10/8: 16oz of water :( *** Jumping Jacks: 0 *** 2.3 miles/Out of 5
    10/9: REST DAY!!!
    10/10: 104oz of water *** Jumping Jacks: 50 *** 1.74 miles
    10/11: 72oz of water *** Jumping Jacks: 0 *** 2.4 miles
    10/12: 64 oz of water *** Jumping Jacks 0 *** 0 miles
    10/13: 64 oz of water *** Jumping Jacks 100 *** .5 miles)
    10/14:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing thus far??? Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so I hope everyone has been making smart, healthy choices!!!

Week 3 mini-challenge is inspired by a few army guys that I saw doing the Mother Road Half Marathon this last weekend - they did the 13.1 mile run in their army uniforms with 35 pound packs on their backs...AMAZING!! I'm not going to make you run with huge packs on your back, but I do want to see some extra weight in your miles this week.

The goal is 7 miles (that's only 1 mile/day) and find some way to add a little weight to run/walk...put some cans in a backpack, use wrist/ankle weights, whatever you have to do to add some extra weight.

I also want to see some crunches instead of jumping jacks - let's shoot for 50/day.

Up for it!

Pam
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I knew you'd ask for crunches. Just got done crunching it out this last week as part of another challenge, lol. Oh well, can always do with more crunches in my life :) The weight walking sounds like a good idea :)

Thanks for these challenges by the way, they are always so much fun to try to keep up with :) Managed last week to do 550 jumping jacks and walk 20.5 miles, so I'm happy :) Water was not an issue :)
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    This month is an absolute disaster at the scale...4 pounds gained this week! I know it is fluid but still can be bothersome!
    Jumping Jacks check!
    Water Check!
    5 miles of activity: check!

I am ready to start a new week, bring it on!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Yep weight logged in

Water: perfect
    Miles 22.27
    Jumping jacks: 0

But looking forward to keeping up with the new challenges of running with weights. I have some 2pd dumbells I'm going to use. Need to first figure out what Crunches even are but I'm game to do them!!!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    10/7 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 0 miles
    10/8 80 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 0 miles
    10/9 80 oz water / 60 jumping jacks / 2 miles
    10/10 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 0 miles
    10/11 48 oz water / No exercise
    10/12 48 oz water / 0 jumping jacks / 2 miles
    10/13 64 oz water / 0 jumping jacks / 1 mile

Ready for week 3!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Whoop Whoop!!! Down another 2 pounds from last week!!! This rate I won't make 10 pounds but I'll make 8 and I'll take that with a smile.
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options

jrdoty8986, Wow, thank you for keeping me on track. I love your forums. (:

And, I lost 3lbs since last weigh in. :flowerforyou:
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 ounces this week, but I'm not surprised. 1) I changed my diet, so I figured that might affect it and 2) I usually get in an intense Zumba workout on Thursday nights, but last night my son had a soccer game, so I got a sub instead. So...
    Diet Change + Missed Workout = a little bit of weight gain... BUT, I hope to see great results within 2 weeks' time!

REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR ELBOWS AWAY FROM YOUR EARS ON THOSE CRUNCHES!! PULLING ON YOUR NECK CAN CAUSE LOTS OF EXTRA BACK PAIN AND EVEN INJURY!!!

Good Luck!!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    going the wrong way. :(
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging my weight for today. Maybe tomorrow. I found my oldest dog dead this morning as I was pulling out of the drive way on my way to school :cry: so my weight isn't my biggest priority at the moment. I did well on the challenges this week though.

10/8: 48 oz water / 0 jumping jacks / 0.8 mile
    10/9: 32oz water / 0 jumping jacks / 2.2 miles
    10/10: 64 oz water / 150 jumping jacks / 1.8 miles
    10/11: 64 oz water / 150 jumping jacks / 3.2 miles
    10/12: 64 oz water / 150 jumping jacks / 2 miles
    10/13: 64 oz water / 0 jumping jacks / 1.5 miles
    10/14:

Took a break on the jumping jacks yesterday because Wednesday and yesterday I worked on my arms in the gym for a while and was feeling some soreness. I clocked in 11.5 miles. I might get something in today after work, but I'm not sure.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    1. I drank more than enough water. Personal Challenge, if I want to be 200 calories under a day then my weekly goal will be to be 1400 calories under. I’m going to shoot for that this week.

I didn’t make goal again. I had odd hours at work and company over after that. I ate with what worked and what was convenient, that is I went over more they I would have liked. I was only 458 calories. I worked out plenty but I need to curb more of what of I eat.
    2. Well I did this one real well: I ran 8.5 miles, walked 10 miles, and rode my bike for 4-5 miles.
    3. I did 435 jumping jacks, most were normal jumping jacks, while others where plank jacks and low jacks for a challenge.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Oct 14th...
    64oz water down
    low impact jumping jacks.. (bad knee)
    another 3.97 miles
  • cmjsarmywife
    Options
    Aren't soldiers amazing?! I am always in awe of my hubby and how fit he is. *swoon* LOL :)

Excited about this week!!

• cmjsarmywife
    Options
    Week 2 Challenge:

10/8: 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 3.3 mile run(my first 5k!)
    10/9: 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 3 mile walk
    10/10: 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 0 miles
    10/11: 64 oz water / 100 jumping jacks / 1.25 mile walk
    10/12: 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 2.8 mile run
    10/13: 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 0 miles
    10/14: 64 oz water / 50 jumping jacks / 2.75 mile walk