October 10 lb Bootcamp Challenge

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for my health!! I just realized this week how much becoming healthy has really improved my life! My whole family (4 kids and my husband) managed to get the flu this week, and even after cleaning-up after and taking care of everyone, I still managed to escape it. There's no other way for me to explain that other than to attribute it to my new healthy self and the prayers of my friends. That would never have happened 2 years ago, so there's my new NSV!!! :-D
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am resigning from the October Challenge. I know it's only the last week but I need to set priorites right now. I have completely let myself go. Treats have been all around me and I fell back into my old habits. It is not fair to all of you to keep going with the flow on the challenge when all of you are working so hard and I haven't been. I need to take those baby steps all over again to get where I was before. The eating habits, the logging, then exercising, then back to the challenge when I am on track again.

I will still be around and checking out the message boards and keeping up with all of you inspirational people. I am so proud at how far you have all come and I want to wish you good luck on the next challenge and I hope to see you on another when I am ready.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • DebsFernandez
    Options
    @tiffy: You are doing great anyways!! :) But its sounds like a great plan to help yourself get to where you want to be!! I know you can do it!!! :D

Well guys, I'm sorry for being gone from the forum for a while. It has been a busy month at work. Exhausting, lol.

Anyways...I DID IT!! I made this months 10lbs challenge!! Exactly 10lbs today!! Haha. It's fantastic!! I have also made my first holiday weight goal for Halloween!! So, this is what it feels like to reach a goal...it feels awesome!! LMAO!! Oh yeah, and my nsv for this week is that I have noticed that ALL my clothes make me look gangsta haha. Unfortunately I can't afford new clothes now, so I'ma roll gangsta for a while :P. AND I have been told by a few family members that they see how different I look and that I am looking great! I'm not good at taking compliments at all, so I kind of just smile and change the subject haha. But it still made me feel great. :)

I may not have posted anything, but I have noticed that you all have been doing so great!! Keep it up guys :D
  • tiffypooh2u
    Options
    @tiffy: You are doing great anyways!! :) But its sounds like a great plan to help yourself get to where you want to be!! I know you can do it!!! :D

Well guys, I'm sorry for being gone from the forum for a while. It has been a busy month at work. Exhausting, lol.

Anyways...I DID IT!! I made this months 10lbs challenge!! Exactly 10lbs today!! Haha. It's fantastic!! I have also made my first holiday weight goal for Halloween!! So, this is what it feels like to reach a goal...it feels awesome!! LMAO!! Oh yeah, and my nsv for this week is that I have noticed that ALL my clothes make me look gangsta haha. Unfortunately I can't afford new clothes now, so I'ma roll gangsta for a while :P. AND I have been told by a few family members that they see how different I look and that I am looking great! I'm not good at taking compliments at all, so I kind of just smile and change the subject haha. But it still made me feel great. :)

I may not have posted anything, but I have noticed that you all have been doing so great!! Keep it up guys :D

Thank you so much! I need as much inspiration as I can get right now... It's definately hard!! but congratulations on meeting you GANGSTA goal! :drinker: So proud of you. You have worked very hard and deserve this huge acheivment!
  • DebsFernandez
    Options
    @tiffy: Aww thanks!! :) I do what I can ;P. You are doing great!! Just don't be too hard on yourself. Slip-ups happen but it's not like you can't fix it. It just may need a little extra time working it off, but it'll work out. Plus its not bad to give yourself a break every now and then :P. You've come so far already, you will have no problems and you will make your goals in no time!! :D
  • tiffypooh2u
    Options
    @tiffy: Aww thanks!! :) I do what I can ;P. You are doing great!! Just don't be too hard on yourself. Slip-ups happen but it's not like you can't fix it. It just may need a little extra time working it off, but it'll work out. Plus its not bad to give yourself a break every now and then :P. You've come so far already, you will have no problems and you will make your goals in no time!! :D

Thanks a ton!!!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Well, October was a really slow month for me...I only dropped 3# ....I think that my body is just resting. I am going to have to give it a kick start and get it burning again.

BTW, I have a picture of me from one year ago as my profile.....my current pictures are in my profile. This reminds me that I will never go back to that again and inspires me to get to my goal.

Pam
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Burpees suck. That is all.

Only managed 80 total, walking I did great and have done 21 miles of it this week. Water as usual was a breeze. I'm hoping to lose a lb this week *crosses fingers for more*
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    For those of you anxiously awaiting to see what November has in store:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/379872-november-turkey-trot-10-lb-challenge
  • Athena413
    Options
    Burpees suck. That is all.

:devil:
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well I lost a total of 3.9 pounds, I'm happy with that!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Well I loss 1.2 lbs this month. It's not alot but I'm very proud of myself because I stuck with it. Can't wait to do the November challenge!
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    After a crazy month of being sick and stuck in the 150's, the hard work paid off and I lost 5 lbs this week for a total of 7.7lbs for the month!! Look forward to November and December as those are my weakest months with all the holiday food! :)
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 more pounds toward my goal. am pleased with that. I am ready for november. Bring it on.
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Results have been amazing this month!
    The scale has not been my friend!---Lets leave it at that... But I have 2 great NSV to share. I am living proof there are many victories outside the scale and I am still happy with my progress thus far.

NSV this month
    1. I finished my first sprint triathlon and the time was a personal best for me. I'm addicted...I want to complete at least 3 next year!
    2. Buying clothes 2 sizes smaller! I tried shopping when I had lost 10 pounds and it was not quite a clothing size. Another 10 pounds, I tried shopping again and I was shocked to discover I had lost 2 clothing sizes.

Looking forward to a clean slate of November to start again. I think (hope) my body is in recovery this month with the scale. Planning to jumpstart weight loss next month!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This was a great challenge. Had a 1lb loss this week, so brought my total for the month up to 7.4lbs. I'll take it! It's not 10lbs, but it's close enough :) Hopefully next month I'll lose closer to 10 :)

Thank you for the motivation, looking forward to the November challenge :)
  • Athena413
    Options
    Tomorrow is the last day of October, so if you want to post a final weight tomorrow morning, feel free to just override your weight from Friday since I don't have a column for the 31st. You guys did great this month - thanks for sticking it out with me. Hope to see you back for my November Turkey Trot challenge!! :)
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    3.2 Pounds Lost This Month!! :)......
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    1. Water hasn’t been a problem for me.
    2. I only did 50-60 burpees this week. Work got a little stressful, the weather changed on me (cold, rainy) I got a little depressed and took it a little easy from working out.
    3. I did get the 10 miles in between walking 2 miles for 4 days with my mom and walking a few miles a day at work.
    4. I got told how skinny I was getting at work and I got about 9 pairs of pants (for home, work, and exercise) for only $30. They range from a 6-8 in USA sizes.
  • Athena413
    Options
    I hope everyone has had a chance to enter their final October weight and I hope everyone enjoyed this month's challenge.

Congratulations to DebsHernandez, hello_jen, jmp1079, and neenaj33 for reaching the 10 lb. And a special kudos to neenaj33 for losing 14 pounds!!! Great job, everyone.

I hope you'll all join me for my November Turkey Trot challenge, but if not, best of luck to you!!