What's your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day?: Sept 28th!

Options

Replies

• ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have this new muscle, it came out of nowhere, its a tricep. No more jiggly arms for me :)
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have a small dog who likes to take off running down the street any time I open the front door and today I took off after her. The look on her face was priceless when she realized I caught up to her all she could do was put her ears back and tail between her legs. C25K is really paying off before i would get in my car and drive down the street to get her

LOL! Love it!
  • kfd1098
    Options
    Signed up for my first 5K today. I've been wanting to do it for 2 years in memory of my Mom but I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs 2 months ago...now I've been training and walking 3.1 miles a day :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My husband said I need new bras because mine are too big.

I'll count that as an NSV because as they've shrunk, my posture has increased greatly and I feel more comfortable running :)

Oh, how I envy you! I can't wait for my boobs to shrink! No more special ordering bras from NASA!

The first 85 pounds I lost, mine didn't shrink AT ALL. The last 15-20 pounds, they shrunk by about 50%. The good thing? I can now wear bras they actually carry in real stores (34DD instead of 36J). The bad thing? Because they shrank so much in a very short period of time, they're rather... deflated. Oh well!

My NSV - Someone told me I inspire them! Every time I hear that I am so excited!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    After 6 months from recovering from a fractured tib / fib, I completed day 1 of C25K today. Wasn't sure that my leg would handle the jogging part but it did... I might have been slow but I was steady and did it!!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    trying on my friend's size 1 shorts the other day as a joke ("yea right on these fitting") and they fit. :noway:

mind you, im pretty sure the particular brand runs bigger than most, but holy skinny pants!!!! :laugh:
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    i'm wearing pants i havent worn for quite a while, and NO MUFFIN TOP!!!! wahoo
  • mags2504
    Options
    Was out running this morning and had to keep pulling up my trousers. gona have to put a tuck in them or buy braces.lol.:happy:
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was this past Saturday. I ran my first 5K ever. I finished the entire thing with no walking! :-)
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    While folding laundry my DH held up my new pair of jeans and asked "Are these yours or Addies?" Addie is our 14year old (size 7)!!!
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    My goal was to get in my wedding dress by today (it's my 9 year anniversary)....it was TOO BIG!!!!!! Yep too big!!!! Goal met and then some!!!!:drinker:
    CONGRATULATIONS
  • sinisreegopi
    sinisreegopi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays are my weigh-in days.and today i weighed in 2.2 pounds than last wednesday!!!yaaayyyyy!!
  • sinisreegopi
    sinisreegopi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2.2 pounds less i mean
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers that is rarely in the officed pulled me aside and told me I looked great (in an HR friendly manner!!). Totally made my day.

One from last week... one of my fiance's friends saw me for the first time in several months and asked me "where did the rest of you go??"
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I take the bus into town and walk the 1 + mile to the gym. The bus only takes correct change and I didn't have it. I thought about not going and just doing the Wii, but I put my shoes on and walked all the way, 3+ miles then walked it back after working out.
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    This morning, when I got dressed, I went to tuck in my shirt and I had a little extra room! It was exciting because these pants were always a problem for me.
  • ennaejay
    Options
    i got up with my alarm, and followed through with my workout, instead of falling back asleep
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    My NSV isn't about my clothes, but about the fact that I managed to make some smart food choices! I love Italian food, especially stuff with Alfredo sauce. I also love Olive Garden's breadsticks. I had to eat at Olive Garden today for work. I managed to skip the breadsticks, and I ordered soup and an entree that only totaled 460 calories! I even managed to eat the asparagus, which I'm not really fond of, but I made myself eat it because I know it's good for me.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I put on an XL sweater from my closet today and realized that all my sweaters from last year may not be wearable. They kinda "hang" on me. Might be time to go shopping for a ....dare i say... "Large" :bigsmile:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Went for a run this morning instead of going to the gym because we finally had some glorious sunshine. It's a normal 5.3 mile walk/run that takes me about 55 minutes. Well today for the first time, I ran the whole thing, butt-kicking hills and all! And I did it in a personal best of 51 minutes. I was so proud of myself for pushing up and over the hills and keeping on running that I was actually in tears at one point! It was also wickedly cool to have other runners out there smiling at nodding at me today, whereas when I was heavier they used to ignore me. Today, I was one of them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!