What's your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day?: Sept 28th!

Options

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Went to Ross to buy a hat cruised over to the shoes and tried on a pai of slip on boots the leg aarea was loose and my legs looked so skinny in the boots.
  • paigelyn88
    paigelyn88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A co-worker said she didn't recognize me from the back.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Just had another NSV...I had to go upstairs at our church to take some CDs to the sound booth. It's 46 steps, and I've been avoiding them because just the first half of them left me winded. I made it up all 46 without getting winded! :happy:
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was this past Saturday. I ran my first 5K ever. I finished the entire thing with no walking! :-)

Congrats- that's great!
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My victory today is in keeping a positive perspective! So far so good!
    I have an unusually large amount of stress on my plate right now -
    My Sailor is leaving 2 weeks sooner than we thought, and may be gone longer than anticipated. it's our first deployment. So how am I turning this into a positive? I'm going to use this time to work out and look AMAZING for his return! I'm looking forward to signing up for the 12 week work out program at the YMCA and seeing my first Pacific Northwest Winter!
    This Friday, my dog (a 7 yr old boxer) is going in for surgery. Due to a tumor, he has to have 2 of his back toes amputated. He's my first dog and it's hard to think of what he'll be like after the surgery. Positive side? He'll be cancer free! He's rolled with the many punches life has thrown at us so far, so there is NO reason to believe that he won't come through this with flying colors - other than giving into fear.
    It's Month End at work - which means I'm working a 12 hour day day. Positive side? I HAVE A GOOD JOB! So many people are struggling with employment and here I am, working in my HOME OFFICE with Biggest Loser on TV, soon to be followed by some independent movies. :)

Oh yeah - and on the up side, it's a sunny FALLish day here on the penninsula today. :) Which is a lovely change from the warm/hot Southern California falls I'm used to.
  • arikag
    Options
    Went for a run this morning instead of going to the gym because we finally had some glorious sunshine. It's a normal 5.3 mile walk/run that takes me about 55 minutes. Well today for the first time, I ran the whole thing, butt-kicking hills and all! And I did it in a personal best of 51 minutes. I was so proud of myself for pushing up and over the hills and keeping on running that I was actually in tears at one point! It was also wickedly cool to have other runners out there smiling at nodding at me today, whereas when I was heavier they used to ignore me. Today, I was one of them!

... I just teared up a little when I read this! :)
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I got up at 5am to workout. I didnt think I would ever do that!!
  • arikag
    Options
    I have a big one- I went to Coldstone Creamery to get ice cream (at the suggestion of my little sis) yesterday. I got a Kid's size ice cream in a cup, and although it was good it seemed SO sweet! I took about 7 bites, and then I threw it out! A waste of money but a worthwhile experience- I knew I didn't need the extra calories or sugar, and it didn't even taste real. Whoa!
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Pants almost fell down in the supermarket today...lol
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I swam 22 lengths in half an hour then did an aqua aerobics class - 2 weeks ago I only managed 16 before the class and was absolutely shattered!
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    None of the belts I have are "tight" enough anymore. I may need to add a hole to a couple or go out and buy a new one very soon. :)
  • rgustin
    rgustin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    After being on an eating hiatus and not logging food the past few months, I have managed to log ALL my meals today :drinker: Feels good too.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I already drank 32 oz of water today and well on my way to an additional 32 oz...and then some.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Third workout in a row today - Second day this week doing strength training. UGH!! I hurt so bad. But I did it, so it's a proud pain.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Ran at 12km/hr for 1 minute for the first time and as hard as it was didn't feel like I was going to die...a shock to me and my trainer!:bigsmile:
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    from my board post earlier...

Sooo today is THE DAY! I am finally giving myself credit for a NSV!

Little history - I have a 4 month old who I only gained 3 pounds with of pregnancy weight. I lost 15 after delivery and I don't count that as "loss" since it was kind of a "freebie" and I didn't work for it. In the past 2 1/2 months, I have lost an additional 21+ pounds and in the past two weeks, tons of people have complimented me and said they can really tell I am losing weight. Yada yada... the reflection in the mirror still looks the same as pre-pregnancy, so I haven't been counting those as NSVs. I also haven't counted how huge my pants are, that my rings are loose, or that I really am down a whole Tshirt size. So, yeah, I have been cheating myself out of a back pat.

BUT NOT TODAY, folks! Today I decided to try on a shirt I bought SEVEN years ago while pregnant with my first (of 3) child. It never really "fit" and the arms were always too snug to go out in public in (IMO). And so - I pulled it on without any stuggle (yes, I totally got stuck in in at the beginning of this pregnancy) and to my absolute AMAZEMENT - there is "room" in the sleeves and EVERYWHERE! Wow... really - W O W! Just 75 or so days into my new way of living (I am NOT dieting ever again!) and I am just a pound or so from my pre-marriage and pre-pregnancy weight. A-mazing! That's what that is!

-Just wanted to share with y'all because I know somewhere out there, there's someone else who just isn't giving themselves credit where it is DUE! If YOU are that person, forget that mirror (I think it lies anyway) and pat yourself on the back!!!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I jogged a little over a mile without stopping!!!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A coworker of mine spotted me jogging around the park this morning. She said, "You looked so cute, by the way!" and complimented me on my weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I bought an awesome size 10 dress today.
  • ElleC
    ElleC Posts: 37
    Options
    Got dressed and ready for the gym at work, looked at myself in the mirror and realised that my body no longer looks sausage meat stuffed into a too tight skin.

It fits!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!