McDonald's...give me some compelling reasons to resist!

Options

Replies

• Estrella30
    Estrella30 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    its about quality to me ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    sites like:
    http://www.meat.org/

and images like 'meet your meat' on you tube

it won't only stop you eating McDonalds though but will definately help.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    See "Food, Inc." Trust me, you won't be interested in food made at that level. Ick. :noway:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't see the big deal about having their salads or other lighter choices, but for me I have a huge issue with the fattier offerings b/c I find it really addictive. I once went over a year without having one of their burgers and then I gave in to the craving one day and suddenly I wanted to eat them all the time. The whole 'smells gross, tastes gross' argument doesn't work if the person has previously really enjoyed it and hasn't decided it's gross themselves. Now I'm off the burgers and fries and if faced with having to eat there, I go for the salad with grilled chicken and the low-cal dressing. If I have extra calories to eat, I might get the real fruit smoothie. I don't feel bad about eating there if I am choosing the options I feel are not as bad for me as the other menu items. I can't justify eating most of their stuff b/c the large amount of calories for the small amount of food just won't work well with my super-hungry, wanting-to-lose-weight self. LOL

But now I really do like my homemade burgers better. :-)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Just watch Supersize Me by Spurlock. A seemingly healthy guy turned into a mess healthwise in 30 days time.

Not to mention the fact that my 11 year old son won't even eat McDonald's..and he's in their demographic LOL!

That movie is so unfounded and ridiculous, NOT to mention being totally classist and racist.
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    all of the food is in oil! a lot of salt! just plan bad for you. and who really knows what is in their food! just make your self a hamburger and bake some fries at home. you would be better off and you will know what is in it.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Because 35% of the meat used in McDonald's hamburgers isn't actually meat, it's ground up by-product (such as carcass, hoof, etc.) that is added to the meat. How else do you think they can make a cheeseburger and sell it for 69 cents?

Aside from that, it's just plain nasty.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    EEEWWW....after reading all the posts that everyone posted about the food at McDonalds....I don't think I will ever want to eat there again!! LOL
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    They use wood pulp as a filler in their food!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Oh my god the misinformation and rumors in this thread! Why don't you just say McDonald's uses dead babies in their food and be done with it.
  • BunnyBearLove
    Options
    Oh my god the misinformation and rumors in this thread! Why don't you just say McDonald's uses dead babies in their food and be done with it.

LMAO!
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Disgusting and not worth it!
    Super Size Me
    Bloat, gas and calories
    Horrible odor that lingers from frying of food "product"
    very limited natural ingredients

Bottom line is that there are so many wonderful delicious foods, healthy and unhealthy, in the world...In my opinion McDonalds is just a waste of time, money, calories and effort.
  • sarahlong09
    Options
    All this nonsense is a load of crap. McDonald's food is actually high quality. they use real and safe ingredients and are making alot of changes to incorporate a healthy menu variety. I know this for a fact. Yes it does have sodium and the fries have greese, but all fries have grease and if you season your food at home.. its probably got just as much sodium. Key to eating at McDonalds is to make smarter choices. Choose a grilled chicken sandwhich instead of a Quarter pounder and grab some apples instead of fries. Also switch to the oatmeal or egg mcmuffin instead of the mcgriddle with everything. Dont believe every picture or article you see because most of the time its just a person trying to freak people out.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    the chicken is 70% corn syrup
    most other stuff is fillered with wood pulp so the company dosnt hav to use actual ingredients
    the milkshakes are mostly flour

BUT i stil love eatng the food once in a while lol its delishious
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    most other stuff is fillered with wood pulp so the company dosnt hav to use actual ingredients

Ok that does it.

You sure about that? Where did you learn this? Got any links to support your statement?

The chicken is 70% corn syrup...you gotta be kidding me...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Don't eat there because McDonald's smells like a newborn babies diaper that has been cooking in a incubator/bili light for two hours. This CANNOT be a good thing.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Am going to come back later and catch up on the drama. Looks like this thread is full of it.

I try not to have McD's, but my weakness is their breakfast. Sometimes... breakfast happens.

I work as a corporate trainer and part of my job involves orienting new employees. Every time I go to McDonald's I can't help but think of a new hire I had that told me their drug testing was entirely optional. Ours is not.

I think I should clarify that she acted fist fight upset about our policy versus McDonald's which disturbed me a bit.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options

Ok that does it.

You sure about that? Where did you learn this? Got any links to support your statement?

The chicken is 70% corn syrup...you gotta be kidding me...

ok 70% might have been an exaduration but they are on average each nugget 57% corn products

There are 38 ingredients in the McDonalds "chicken" nuggets.

Of them: the chicken (which is fed genetically altered corn, then ground with bones), modified cornstarch (without this, the "chicken" nuggets would not be able to hold themselves together, due to the extreme processing of the nugget.), emulsifiers (so that the fats and the moisture in the nuggets do not separate, forming a nasty clot-like knuckle of nugget.), dextrose (sugar.), chicken flavoring (a source of moisture and some flavor that has been leeched out of the nugget by the processing of the product.).

Yellow corn starch and more modified cornstarch are added to make the batter.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Do you know the difference between corn and corn syrup? Because you didn't mention corn syrup once in your explanation. There's a HUGE difference between "McDonalds chicken is 70 percent corn syrup" and "the chicken mcdonald's uses eat corn." The vast majority of any meat you eat is corn fed.

The things you listed about mcdonalds chicken are true for any breaded chicken you get anywhere.

I don't like mcdonald's either. But I don't make up things just to attack them.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i want a hamburger now..LoL..a fresh one of course