Dumbest things you ever believed

Options

Replies

• Molly_Louise
    Options
    I used to think babies came out of your belly button. Boy did I get a shock when I learned the truth...!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That a woman knew it was time to start shaving when the hair on her legs turned dark. Mine were white blond until I was 12. When I started getting teased for not shaving is when I started, even though it went "against" what I believed...that my hair wasn't dark yet.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i cant remember what i used to think, but this is some funny *kitten*...LoLoL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    There is this Billy Joel song "your only human" and as a child I thought it was Bill Cosby singing it.

Don't ask me why.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Well since we can't talk about religion...

...I GENUINELY thought the New Kids on the Block were singing just to me.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I really went to fetch a "bucket of steam" when I got broke in on my first fast food job..."Hey, go get me a bucket of steam"...Yes, I was a dumba$$...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ...I GENUINELY thought the New Kids on the Block were singing just to me.
    What an absolutely silly thing to believe...

Joey was singing to me, for me, and always about me.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    For some reason I thought "Don't Stop Believin'" was "don't stop a beaver"...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a tiny town and we had a shallow ditch between our yard and the road. When I was a little kid, when it rained a lot and that ditch filled up with water I believed I could actually catch fish out of it with my little home made fishing pole.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My birthday often falls on Memorial Day. Since schools are closed on Memorial Day, I always thought that my birthday was more special than everyone elses, because we got the day off for ME!!!

I'm still just as arrogant, but I've learned that we get the day off for other reasons....
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I believed that religious people were all good.. then I got hurt.

Oh.. I believed that gay people just kissed a lot of people - because one boy at my school liked to kiss everyone, and he was called gay. I didn't make the same-sex association for quite a few years.. mostly when I started being accused of being a lesbian.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    muscle turns to fat, and vise versa.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Well since we can't talk about religion...

I'm with you! I'm being very restrained here!

I used to always put my crusts from my sandwiches in my dogs' bowl. They loved them and ate all of it...

Only about 6 months ago when somehow this came up over dinner that my mum told me they never ate them, and she threw them away when they went hard! I NEVER KNEW TILL THIS DAY!!! 20+ years on!

I also believed the doctors who said my wife's MS "might not be that bad".....lying *kitten*.

and finally... that i didnt use to eat that much really.... =/
  • annepirtle
    Options
    LOL!! I thought the very same thing.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I got my 1st paycheck job at 13, I thought the money they took out of my check for social security went into "my account". Why else did I have a social security number, right? Boy was I freaking p*ssed when I found out that the old folks were getting my hard earned money!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    That I'd always have my 21 yr old metabolism.

:( I MISS being able to eat whatever I wanted.

Ahhhhhhhhh the days of skinny fat.
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I always thought he was calling his parents or something. lol

That's awesome. LOL
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was the most important meal of the day...
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That my Dad knew EVERYTHING. I was heartbroken when I got to an age where I asked a question and he couldn't answer it. Gutted!
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That the reason you shouldn't wear white shoes after labor day would be because when it snowed, you wouldn't be able to see your feet. :huh:

lol