Dumbest things you ever believed

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    That Lance Bass from NSYNC was straight. Damn.

I will admit to having had a huge crush on him :embarassed:

When I was little, I used to think that the people who made TV shows had really good timing because they always caught the most dramatic or funny parts of real peoples' lives, hahaha. I was so confused when I found out they were actually acted and staged. Then along comes lots of reality TV... heh
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    I seriously thought until about 2 years ago that narwals were fictional animals, much like unicorns. My mind was absolutely blown when I was faced with the truth.

I mean, honestly, unicorns seem way more plausible than a ****ing whale with a big horn!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I thought New Kids on the Block were awesome when I was 12..... I'm so lame.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    oh

Until I was 16 I thought kissing was "oral" lol

lol, technically it is.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I seriously thought until about 2 years ago that narwals were fictional animals, much like unicorns. My mind was absolutely blown when I was faced with the truth.

I mean, honestly, unicorns seem way more plausible than a ****ing whale with a big horn!

Mine would be that I thought Narwhals were fictional until about 30 seconds ago. :embarassed:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I used to call pizza hut "pizza hot"... still sounds better! lol
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I believed that unicorns were real i just had to find them.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Oh, I almost forgot the biggy....

When I was younger, I thought that when I grow up, I clearly would not have the same problems as the rest of the women in my family. I figured that they must have had something culturally or genetically wrong with them to all be getting white hair, wrinkles, and body parts that just don't look ... right. :ohwell:

Tons of years later...... :grumble: Dang genetics/gravity/teenagers/responsibilities :grumble:
  • glitterpiss
    Options

Mine would be that I thought Narwhals were fictional until about 30 seconds ago. :embarassed:

Are you nearly as excited about that as I think you should be? I mean, how often do your awesome dreams of sea****ingunicorns come true?!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I thought when babies were born they came out of their mama's butt xD
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    That the first letter in Disney's logo was a backwards G:

disney-logo.jpg

3719d1298154107t-d-disney-discussion-disney20logo20colorsg8.jpg
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    LoL some of these are pretty funny... Some that came to mind, when I was younger I thought sour cream was really white ice cream that never melted and didn't understand why it was on top of the flautas or other mexican dishes lol.

I believed I couldn't drink root beer because it was alcoholic beer made from roots.

I believed no matter where I went I was always in my city. Never thought I was actually traveling to the neighboring city or town when I was younger.

It took me awhile to get the connection of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream... I thought they put the dough then the chips in later.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    That talking mice were inside of traffic signals that made them change colors....

up until I was 8 or something. Hahah.

Don't know if someone told me this, or if it was my imagination that made me believe it was real...either way, I know the truth now. :laugh:
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

I just learned what a narwhal is.

Wow.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    For years i thought 'gun point' was a place....so when the news said blah blah held up at gun point i would think why the hell do people keep going there if they keep getting into trouble??? Duh

Also one of my superiors postion is shortened to XO....for 2 yrs i thought he was signing his email with a kiss hug...like xoxoxox
    which i thought was very unmanly for an old army dude...alas i was severely mistaken.
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    I have a question for all of the people that had misunderstandings about where babies come from or how they're made.

Did your parents tell you those things, or did just come up with them because they seemed logical?

I saw a bit of a TV show the other day, and part of it was where this lady brought her daughter to a talk show to have them explain to her how babies are made because she couldn't bear to do it her self. They were acting like it was a really hard to answer question. I'm just curious.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I believed that a criminal record was... well, a vinyl record where the police recorded all your crimes. And if you had a blank record, then you still had a vinyl record somewhere with your name on it but nothing was recorded yet...

I believed my toys came to life when I wasn't looking.

I thought (until 20-21 yo) that RFA was Eastern Germany and RDA Western Germany. Probably not something someone would know now but remember I was 12 when the Berlin wall fell so those two countries were all over the news! Still managed to confuse them, though.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    oh

Until I was 16 I thought kissing was "oral" lol
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I thought the same thing! hahahaha
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    my husband believed that sweat was the melted fat. He was 5, I think...

If only! I'd be the size of a pencil if that was the case :P
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    (If you don't know you Hanson was......Mmmbop. Yes that's right. I was in love with Mmmmbop).

who wasn't *sighs* I used to believe he was singing to me in their song yearbook, because my name is Aimee.. I was constantly like "Mum mum listen to this.. he LOVES ME"

fail...