Dumbest things you ever believed

Options

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was the most important meal of the day...
    ah? Was it not?
    :noway:
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I believed that religious people were all good.. then I got hurt.

Oh.. I believed that gay people just kissed a lot of people - because one boy at my school liked to kiss everyone, and he was called gay. I didn't make the same-sex association for quite a few years.. mostly when I started being accused of being a lesbian.

Same.

I didn't know what gay was until middle school, I thought it was okay to like anyone you wanted to and didn't understand needing special words or any of that.
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well since we can't talk about religion...

...I GENUINELY thought the New Kids on the Block were singing just to me.
    I seen them and BSB when they were in Chicago together. Talk about amazing. I cried when NKOTB came out on stage. I felt like I was 13 again!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Another thing I used to believe when I was a little kid was that my Dad could talk Indian talk. He and another man that lived in our town used to always talk gibberish to each other and I just knew they were talking some kind of Indian language. :laugh: :laugh:

I remember one time when I was really little and it was summer time, my mom had the fan running at night and I was afraid of it because I believed the blades would come off and come after me and cut me up.

Another time my mom made the comment that fall was just around the corner and I thought if I walked down to the end of the block and looked down the street I would be able to see it. The street curved and I thought fall was right around that curve.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That if I said "bloody mary" three times in a dark closet in front of a mirror, she would appear.... >____>

I was at work just the other day and the bathroom door closed behind me ( I was cleaning with the door open) but the light was off. For some reason, I looked towards the mirror and that went through my head twice. I actually ran out of the bathroom scared to say it the third time.

I'm 32. LOL
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I thought that the lead singers of Rush and Led Zepplin were girls until I was in high school.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'll play nice and avoid the religion ones.....

That I would thin out on my own and grow taller instead of wider.

That Lance Bass from NSYNC was straight. Damn.

I also believed in Santa til I was 12 and was heartbroken when I found out he wasn't real.
  • albayin
    Options
    my husband believed that sweat was the melted fat. He was 5, I think...
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That teenaged acne ended at 20!
  • albayin
    Options
    That teenaged acne ended at 20!
    I think it's still true. the one you get after is called "adult acne". LOL
  • mommared53
    Options
    I thought that the lead singers of Rush and Led Zepplin were girls until I was in high school.

:laugh: :laugh: I used to think Alice Cooper was a girl. After all, who names their son Alice? :huh: :laugh: And for that matter, for the longest time, I was positive the lead singer of Culture Club was a girl. I couldn't understand why she went by the name Boy George.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't the dumbest thing for me, but it's all I can think of right now.

I misunderstood the lyrics to a song by the Clash "Rock the Casbah"....

I thought it was "Sherry don't like it....Rock the cat box.... Rock the cat box"

• teri1956
    Options
    Oh...... and Bare Naked Ladies ......... I avoided their music for YEARS! LOL, omg.......... I'm such a dork.
  • teri1956
    Options
    That if I said "bloody mary" three times in a dark closet in front of a mirror, she would appear.... >____>

I was at work just the other day and the bathroom door closed behind me ( I was cleaning with the door open) but the light was off. For some reason, I looked towards the mirror and that went through my head twice. I actually ran out of the bathroom scared to say it the third time.

I'm 32. LOL

Too funny! My brother said this "really" happened - my mother's favorite ceramic fish hanging on the bathroom wall crashed to the floor when he said this - he was 12.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you eat before bed, it will get stored as fat.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Oh...... and Bare Naked Ladies ......... I avoided their music for YEARS! LOL, omg.......... I'm such a dork.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That sex = love :ohwell:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That double posts never happen to me.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    If you eat before bed, it will get stored as fat.

Also, that muscle weighs more than fat.
  • That girls liked me for my looks. I was way wrong!!!