I want you to tell me what you do for CARDIO routine!

Options

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Running about 45-60min at least 4x a week
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    pole dancing, boxing, spinning, running =) I average 90 minutes a day of cardio
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    cycling, running, cycling, jumping rope, cycling, swimming, cycling. i really like to ride my bike. i might throw in a simple 30 day shred in there, but rarely.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Insanity, baby! Previous to that P90X Plyo, Kenpo, and Core Synergistics...previous to that, tons of elliptical work...

I mix in a bike ride when I am in a recovery and/or rest day from my workout schedule...
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    i do step aerobics & spin....ive never been a runner, and i dont plan on becoming one either.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I DID THIS SUNDAY:
    http://youtu.be/B7aKUkaoMfU
    x16 and burned 1,200 calories doing it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I wanna hear all the different ways you people are doing your cardio. It seems like everybody who loses weight does a lot of it. Apparently I'm gonna HAVE to do it to move the scale. I'm sure your not just jumping rope and jogging 5 times a week. I wanna know, if you would be so kind, what your cardio routine is? What else do you do besides jog?

actually you can lose weight with 0 cardio and create the deficit through diet alone.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Walking in a brisk speed...for 5-8 miles. Would this count as cardio?
  • albayin
    Options
    I wanna hear all the different ways you people are doing your cardio. It seems like everybody who loses weight does a lot of it. Apparently I'm gonna HAVE to do it to move the scale. I'm sure your not just jumping rope and jogging 5 times a week. I wanna know, if you would be so kind, what your cardio routine is? What else do you do besides jog?

actually you can lose weight with 0 cardio and create the deficit through diet alone.
    Yes I did lose my 10 pounds this way.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    teach spin: 45 min, 2x / week

dance: 3 - 6 hours total in a week (spread out bt rehearsing and performing)

cycling: 2-4 hours 1x /week, sometimes 2x. Average 16 mph.

SUP: 1 hour 2-3x / week (relatively small cardio burn in lagoon; more in the ocean -- this is also great core/upper body resistance training).
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

You could, but it doesn't sound fun. I would feel very deprived. Not sustainable for me.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    DDR! The only thing that's had my heartrate up past what should be possible for me!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Zumba baby! and now I have started Spinning...love the burn!! Besides the treadmill that is..haha!:wink:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

You could, but it doesn't sound fun. I would feel very deprived. Not sustainable for me.

depends on the deficit, for instance a very moderate deficit of 10% of TDEE, wouldn't be all that hard for the avg person to adhere to
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I run 3 times a week. 6k, 8 k and 10k.

I do aerobics with resistance bands once a week and circuit training twice a week.

During the school holidays when my classes aren't on I row on the erg for 30-45 mins once a week instead.
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    zumba, kickboxing, leslie sansone walk at home dvds, jillian michaels dvds (30 day shred, ripped in 30)
    walking, jogging, treadmill, elliptical

Love doing cardio workouts
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

BUMP!
  • albayin
    Options

I guess it really depends on each individual. It was a lot easier for me just doing diet (counting calories) alone and I saw result black and white. Then I added my exercise routine back. Now everything seems so complicated.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I don't do any cardio. I just do full body routines 3x a week and have 4 days off.

Losing weight/burning fat is 95% diet and 5% exercise.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday and Friday I jog for about an hour (split up 30 min morning, 30 min evening)

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I do Tabata on the elliptical or stepmill for 15 minutes and then 15 minutes of moderate cardio to finish.

Every other Tuesday and Saturday I instruct kickboxing.