I want you to tell me what you do for CARDIO routine!

Options

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Losing weight/burning fat is 95% diet and 5% exercise.
    LOL this ratio keeps changing from post to post...
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

The point is, diet is priority...exercise is 2nd.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Elliptical for 30-60 minutes.
    I love this machine!! When my husband uses ours a lot, he drops weight faster. Not as fast for me, lol but for him it comes off fast.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Running 3.2 miles twice a week, elliptical for 30 minutes or so once a week and hitting the heavy bag ode or twice a week for about 9 or 10 minutes. I'll sometimes ride the bike for 10 or 15 minutes.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Mainly cycling (mountain biking) and or spinning 6-7 times a week.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options

98% of statistics are made up on the spot.......
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba, Piloxing, spinning, and I also do weight training as well. I think that in order to lose you need a well rounded work out routine and cardio is a part of it. I always switch up every few months and try new stuff!! Oh I also do step aerobics!
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I walk or bike to work which is a little over a mile each way.

I warm up 5 minutes on whatever machine I feel like before I stretch and lift weights.

That's about it.
  • dannylives
    Options
    I'M LOVING ALL THESE RESPONSES, THIS IS GREAT INFO, THANK YOU!
  • NoDairy
    Options
    My preferred method is HIIT
    My treadmill, jump rope and airclimber is all i need...
    I lost 45 pounds just jogging and toned up great, scale will move with good nutrition. Keep huffing and pufffing...
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Running, when I can, but usually Zumba or Vinyasa Yoga. JM stuff, too.

Some people say yoga can't be cardio, but doing "intervals" of different types of sun salutations definitely gets my heart rate up. ;D
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking my nickname should be the tortoise. I briskly walk my border collie for 80 minutes twice a week and use the ellipitical for 30 minutes once a week amongst other exercises. Currently limited for the next two weeks to slow walking for all exercise due to a minor surgery . However, I still intend to lose a pound in two weeks, eating right and walking slowly a lot.
  • jerzee420
    Options
    Interval Running (fartlek) and racquetball
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    INSANITY!!!!!
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I bike about 20-25mins everyday, walk on the treadmill for about 20-25mins 4 days a week, and use the elliptical 2 days a week. i've heard that strength training actually helps you lose weight faster then cardio because it gets your whole body moving rather then just a certain area of the body like legs or arms
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i am just completing my first round of insanity! those workouts are intense interval-style routines. lots of plyo as well.

besides my usual insanity workouts, i run (sometimes for an hour or more, sometimes just a quick 20 minute pass around my neighbourhood) and play badminton. i ride my bike when i can, and i walk (fast!) almost everywhere.
  • MeggieLoveday
    Options
    If you wanna lose weight running is not going to cut it. In fact most cardio machines will not make the bulge budge one little bit.

Mixing weights with cardio is the only solution but if you do one type everyday your body builds a resistance to it and doesn't start burning fat.
    RPM (45 minutes of interval bike riding) class, pump class, zumba etc are great to mix with a circuit training of weights/rowing machine/jump rope.

Every time you do weights (not just the kind of tricep bicep weights you may think of, but step ups with weights/chin ups/push ups/situps with weights/lunges and squats) you rapidly burn fat on and under the muscle but aiming at one area wont burn fat, you have to aim all over fat burn.

If you do spend the bulk of your weights on your biggest muscle areas i.e legs/back/glutes then it will in turn burn from your stomach and put in motion all over fat loss

Your best bet is to join a gym and get personally trained, they will push you harder than you will ever push yourself

Protein is also great for fat loss. Protein and veggies is what my personal trainer said if you want rapid fat loss that stays off.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't do any cardio. I just do full body routines 3x a week and have 4 days off.

so I guess it depends if you just want to drop pounds or build your cardiovascular health and stamina as well =)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

The point is, diet is priority...exercise is 2nd.

Well if you're only looking to be a tired, skinny, mushy couch potato that may be true, however . . . I'd say if you were interested in feeling and looking strong and healthy you might want to skew your ratio to include a little bit more exercise . . .
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    power walking, elliptical, 30ds