What's your favorite movie quote?

Options

Replies

• GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    "That rug really tied the room together." - The Big Lebowski

Pretty much anything from that movie is pure gold.
  • nursee67
    Options
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A ****in bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a **** what kind of pants the son of a ***** who shot you was wearing"?

Love that one too!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Every single word in Big Trouble in Little China

Conan the Barbain

"What is best in Life?"

Conan- "To crush your enemies, to drive them before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

The 300, an actuall historical quote.

Persian "Our arrows will blot out the sun!"
    Spartan "Then we will fight in the shade."
  • maurea
    Options
    "Well, you know what they say. If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit next to me." - Clairee, Steel Magnolias

LOL!! Classic - just like "Enough about me, what do YOU think about me?" (Beaches)
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    You gotta joint??

No..

It be a lot cooler if you did..

"Alright alright alright"

"High school chics.. I get older.. they stay the same age.. "
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love lamp.
  • daves160
    Options
    " ...Like me, I just go with the flow. Like a twig on the shoulders of a mighty stream."
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "I could eat a peach for hours"
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Full Metal Jacket:
    "How do you kill women and children?"
    "It's easy, you just don't lead them as much."
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    " Mock- ING, Bird-ING!" DUMB AND DUMBER! LOL

Normally I just LQTM (laugh quietly to myself) but this one truly made me LOL. Thanks!
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    "I'll crush you like a worm"

Braveheart.

Sounds best if you can pull off a heavy Scottish accent.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Dave: Oh, man, it's totally serendipitous. Well, I got off work early, and you know my buddy Derrick? Well he was like, "I've got this acid, but I can't do it." And I was all like, "Well, I'll do it." So I did it. And by the time I got on my banana board, man, I was... I was tripping balls pretty hard, man. So I decided to get on my bench grinder, and a piece of metal flew up and hit me right in the eye. It was pretty awesome. And that brings us to now.

Rod Kimble: Yeah, well, just try and relax.

Dave: Can do, man. Can do. I'm gonna be honest with you, Rod. You look like a giant eagle with fire all around you, and you've got a mountain for a face.

Rod Kimble: I'm guessing that's the drugs, Dave.

And any other Hot Rod quote I may think of and come back to post.

LOL!!!! YAY!!! "THIS IS MY HAT!"
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    "That rug really tied the room together." - The Big Lebowski

Pretty much anything from that movie is pure gold.

Yes! Along those lines..."This isn't 'Nam Smokey--there are rules."
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Mark Wahlberg in Rockstar:

"I gotta take a piss."

Classic line that lets you politely say, "F this," and walk away.
  • foodluver27
    Options
    Look at my signature below my pounds lost counter (whatever it's called) and also my husband and I are always quoting movies to each other...in fact we have a dry eraser board on our fridge where we write movie quotes to each other back and forth..this past week it was "Point Break" "Back off warchild"
  • elliecolorado
    Options
    SWAT

Street: Your sure in love with that pop there John
    John: Mmm..don’t tell my wife
    Street: Why is she a Mr. Pibb fan?
    John: No, when i got married to her i converted to mormonism, we’re not supposed to drink or eat anything that alters our state of mind– we treat our bodies with respect
    Street: And i treat mine like an amusement park, its the diffirences that make this country great
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The movie "Airplane"...that is all.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    "If you're from Africa, why are you white?"

It gets me every time!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Glen Gary Glen Ross

Alex Baldwin (Blake): Put. That coffee. Down.
    [pause]
    Coffee's for closers only.

Aliens

Hudson: Oh we're in some pretty *kitten* now! Game over man! Game over!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the few whose favorite movie quote is serious, but here it is:

Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
    Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
    Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
    Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.