SNACKS...I need SNACKS!!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    its nuts, but im addicted to roasted broccoli & smashed garlic. Its even good the next day cold.

This sounds yummy. Do you have a recipe or tips on how to do it?
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bump. Lot's of great snack ideas!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You can use pepperoni or turkey pepperoni. Slice a low fat mozz stick and slice it up. Place the cheese slices on the pepperoni and zap in the microwave until the pepperoni is crispy and the cheese is melted. I usually add red pepper for some spice, and if I am having a major craving, I will dip them in some marinara sauce. Hope this helps!

sounds awesome! thanks for sharing :)
  • AggieHoss
    AggieHoss Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump....need to try the chickpeas!!
  • cindylee123
    cindylee123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I keep the Emerald brand cocoa-dusted almonds in my car. I buy a large container at Sam's Club. They are so yummy and I'm satisfied by eating only about 10. Of course, they're fairly high in calories, so you have to close the container quickly! :)
  • CNYKrista
    Options
    Clancy's Vegetable chips. popcorn, pretzels
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know that I did try the hummus idea, I went with roasted red pepper...and it was wonderful! good to put on anything crunchy. Thanks guys, YOU ROCK!

So far, the roasted red pepper hummus by Wild Garden I think it is is the only hummus I've really cared for, altho I haven't tried making it myself yet.

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested roasted pumpkin seeds or soy nuts (dry roasted soybeans)?
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I keep the Emerald brand cocoa-dusted almonds in my car. I buy a large container at Sam's Club. They are so yummy and I'm satisfied by eating only about 10. Of course, they're fairly high in calories, so you have to close the container quickly! :)

I have a M & M dispencer on my desk at work with raw almonds in it. I'll have to try the cocoa covered ones!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    You can use pepperoni or turkey pepperoni. Slice a low fat mozz stick and slice it up. Place the cheese slices on the pepperoni and zap in the microwave until the pepperoni is crispy and the cheese is melted. I usually add red pepper for some spice, and if I am having a major craving, I will dip them in some marinara sauce. Hope this helps!

I love this, Thanks!:drinker:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    pretzels?
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the chickpeas.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    GC Brancrisp... takes a bit of courage to get past the fact that it is 12 calories and 5 fibers...They look like partical board. I spread on laughing cow cheese or nut butter. Lately, I have been mixing cocoa powder and stevia into plain non fat yogart and I use this as a spread. They also add a nice crunch to salad.

Gotta drink lots of water with all that fiber. I eat two or three a day.
  • tallskinnyblond
    Options
    If you cut sweet potato into really thin slices and sprinkle herbs or salt and pepper on them and bake them until crispy,
    you have yourself a potato chip alternative! They have a lot less carbs in than normal potatoes, and are packed with fibre
    so you will feel fuller for longer :)
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    This may sound a little odd, but a great crunchy no carb snack is chicharrones or pork rinds. Don't overdo them, of course, but they definitely do the trick. I also sit with a single serving of sunflower seeds and eat them one at a time. They take a long time to eat for the calories.

try sunflower seeds unsalted with the shells on, they take even longer and help with the "crunch" factor

Cauliflower is very very low in carbs sprinkle with some spices like curry or paprika.

also Its a good time of year for home roasted pumpkin seeds
    Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
    2 teaspoons butter, melted 1 pinch salt

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
    2. Toss seeds in a bowl with the melted butter and salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally

I use pam cooking srpay olive oil, and season with a little seasoning salt OR mix up some onion powder, paprikia, garlic powder and sometimes curry powder. you can season them with pretty much anything even cinnamon(naturally sweet tasting), nutmeg or alspice(just a little though)

Message me if you want some more ideas

good luck
  • missaugustusgloop
    Options
    Pumpkin spice almonds?! I haven't seen these. I want them right now!
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love crunchy snacks!!! I generally always have Special K crackers or chips, Veggie straws, rice crackers, or 100 calorie bags of popcorn.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    bump for snack ideas :) thanks
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much.
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    Buy a popcorn machine, and make air popped popcorn, I use coconut oil and then I sprinkle flavors on it :D its delicious. My favorite is sour cream and onion.