FIT LIFE CHALLENGE WEEK TWO [CLOSED]

Options
124»

Replies

• Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Made all of the goals from last week. Averaged about 7 hours sleep a night and exercise over an hour at least everyday.

Should be able to meet the goals for this week. My life has start to look up!

Scale read 197 today, but will not post it unless I see it on the scale again tomorrow.

Have a great week everyone.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey Friends!!! I can see the weekend coming!!! So busy this week. Food Show last two days, yesterday my day started with M & Ms, I ended up enjoying onions rings, meatballs, risotto, spinach dip, cheese cake, ice cream. I did eat in moderation and I know I did better than I use to because I was hungry on the way home last night!!!!!

I got alittle walking in on Tuesday but didn't count it. So no exercise in 2 days!!!! Not sure I can do it today either. But I know I will get back to it ASAP.

I think I will end up with a gain this week! But I am OK with that, I am feeling good and stronger so it is what it is.

Good job JIm - glad to hear things are going better for you! Have a good day everyone...Gotta get to work
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I probably have AT LEAST one impatient thought every day about my weight loss. I want to lose 80lbs. that is such a huge, intimidating number. Yes, I often feel impatient and like giving up. A friend of mine recently lost a lot of weight and she told me that her Mom said something to her that just clicked one day. She was telling her Mom that didn’t know why she bothered trying to lose weight, she had too much to lose and it was going to take her forever to do it. Her Mom then told her that the time was going to pass just the same whether she was doing something about her weight or not. So simple and so true. I ask myself all the time “One year from now would you rather be 10lbs heavier or 50+ lbs lighter?” All we can do is make healthier choices each meal, each workout, each day, week, month and year until we get to where we need to be.

I LOVE that! I have those feelings all the time, where I have so much to lose and that it's going to take forever. I still have almost 120 pounds left to lose, and I've started and stopped so many "diets" and restarted on so many Mondays in the past few years. I've been doing pretty well so far since I got back on the wagon about 4 weeks ago. I haven't actually had any emotional eating issues this week to deal with (though believe me, I've had my share of them in the past), so that part of the challenge has been good this week. Procrastinating...hmm...I think I'm still procrastinating about stopping the procrastinating... lol. As for something new for exercise...well...we were supposed to be doing 100 squats a day on another challenge I'm doing here, and those were new for me, as evidenced by the fact that I couldn't move the next day after I first tried them. Finally (nearly) recovered now. Need to start a little more slowly with those, apparently.

Hoping to see some results on the scale tomorrow morning for weigh in. I did eat some crap over the weekend (as usual...this one was even tougher because we were busy and had family visiting) but it wasn't as bad as it could have been, and I got right back on track on Monday.

Lori
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Made all of the goals from last week. Averaged about 7 hours sleep a night and exercise over an hour at least everyday.

Scale read 197 today, but will not post it unless I see it on the scale again tomorrow.

That's amazing!!! Great job staying on track - I love to see determination like this. It must be your anchor considering the hard time you are having right now in your life .... but you know what, they say what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger - boy that is sooo true!!! Congrats - keep it up!!!
  • lorika1977
    Options
    Hey Friends!!! I can see the weekend coming!!! So busy this week. Food Show last two days, yesterday my day started with M & Ms, I ended up enjoying onions rings, meatballs, risotto, spinach dip, cheese cake, ice cream. I did eat in moderation and I know I did better than I use to because I was hungry on the way home last night!!!!!

I got alittle walking in on Tuesday but didn't count it. So no exercise in 2 days!!!! Not sure I can do it today either. But I know I will get back to it ASAP.

I think I will end up with a gain this week! But I am OK with that, I am feeling good and stronger so it is what it is.

Good job JIm - glad to hear things are going better for you! Have a good day everyone...Gotta get to work

I bet you are itching for a good sweat! Since we are "sistas" in thought, I figured this is how I would feel after indulging and not working out .... you are doing great!!! So amazed how on task you are and just ready to kick butt!!!
    Man, food show???? Isn't that ironic when you try to lose weight .... but i am still jealouse. We are big foodies, no wonder we just have a hard time staying trim .... Most of the time we are not eating out just because in my area I can't find a decent restaurant that would serve me the food that's better than what we make at home.
    Give us an update on how the program at your son's school is going .... I just remember about that ...

xoxo

Loredana
  • lorika1977
    Options
    I probably have AT LEAST one impatient thought every day about my weight loss. I want to lose 80lbs. that is such a huge, intimidating number. Yes, I often feel impatient and like giving up. A friend of mine recently lost a lot of weight and she told me that her Mom said something to her that just clicked one day. She was telling her Mom that didn’t know why she bothered trying to lose weight, she had too much to lose and it was going to take her forever to do it. Her Mom then told her that the time was going to pass just the same whether she was doing something about her weight or not. So simple and so true. I ask myself all the time “One year from now would you rather be 10lbs heavier or 50+ lbs lighter?” All we can do is make healthier choices each meal, each workout, each day, week, month and year until we get to where we need to be.

I LOVE that! I have those feelings all the time, where I have so much to lose and that it's going to take forever. I still have almost 120 pounds left to lose, and I've started and stopped so many "diets" and restarted on so many Mondays in the past few years. I've been doing pretty well so far since I got back on the wagon about 4 weeks ago. I haven't actually had any emotional eating issues this week to deal with (though believe me, I've had my share of them in the past), so that part of the challenge has been good this week. Procrastinating...hmm...I think I'm still procrastinating about stopping the procrastinating... lol. As for something new for exercise...well...we were supposed to be doing 100 squats a day on another challenge I'm doing here, and those were new for me, as evidenced by the fact that I couldn't move the next day after I first tried them. Finally (nearly) recovered now. Need to start a little more slowly with those, apparently.

Hoping to see some results on the scale tomorrow morning for weigh in. I did eat some crap over the weekend (as usual...this one was even tougher because we were busy and had family visiting) but it wasn't as bad as it could have been, and I got right back on track on Monday.

Lori

It's good to see I am not the only one .... but both of you are so right - we can choose to continue our lives as before or do something about it. One day at a time. Then you read the succcess stories and you ask yourself - how did that person did it??? What was the state of mind? How did he or she get over the times when it seemed impossible?
    And the answer always is - just stick with it!!! Just like Dory in Finding Nemo was singing " Just keep swimming... just keep swimming" ... (all moms of youngs kids here know what I am talking about ...).
    So, ladies and gents, we just need to learn how to stick with it!!! That's the secret sauce :)
    And this group does wonders for the ones that want to learn that - because I know I can come here and completely ramble about my insecurities and I can bounce back because I feel the support behind me.

Yay to all of us!!

Loredana
  • lorika1977
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on much I have been all over the place with work an exhausted when I get home. Hope everyone is having an awesome week. I will be honest, my week has been terrible. Food was no good, haven't tracked in 3 days and haven't worked out yet. Went to the gym today but it was wayyy too far from work to be able to fit in a lunch break workout. A coworker of mine said he would walk with me during lunch though so I am excited about that. I am desperate to be able to fit in ANY kind of workout at this point. I have been so tired the last couple of days I haven't wanted to cook or pack lunch. I come home from work and literally fall into bed. I am just TIRED. I am going to bed early tonight, must catch up on my sleep so that I can have a great day tomorrow.

The last week has been rough but I am NOT giving up, Hope you are all having a great week. I will check in again tomorrow night.

So proud of you!!! That's the spirit - not giving up! Even if this is not the perfect setup for your workout regimen, something, someday will change. You will see - it's the law of atraction. I am not a big "The Secret" fan or anything, but I can't deny it is true - your thoughts become your reality.
    Man, if I could give myself this pep talk every morning, I would be rockin'!!! :))
    Continue to think of ways of how to get some workout in .... maybe you can make friends with a mom in your apartment building that can watch your daughter for 30 min. You can start a "couch to 5K" program which doesn't take more than 30 minutes .... and it just gives you such an amazing energy. You can find those all over the internet - all you need is just some gym shoes and in 8-10 weeks you will run 3 miles ... can you believe it?
    It's hard to be a mom to begin with, but a single working mom it's really hard!!! I admire you for getting all these in your schedule!
    Great job!

Loredana
  • lorika1977
    Options
    Hello everyone - I think I replied to everybody so far but not put an update about myself...

Great morning - I slept in!!!! I will have to watch the food intake which is the hardest part for me, but, it feels really good to be rested.
    Waking up early morning to go to the gym takes a toll on me. I am barely dragging my feet at 9.00 PM and I keep thinking - man, I am so lazy ... but then I remember that I woke up at 4.30 AM that morning and burned a gazillion calories before my husband even thought to wake up ...
    Oh well, enough self- promotion ... thanks everybody for all the notes on my early workout regimen, but to be honest, I did it only out of necessity. It is the only time when I can have time for myself - when everybody else is sleeping and I am not needed home. So, if it were for me, I would be sleeping believe me!! I started this years ago, and I got used to it. I had times when I would go only once a week just because I was tired, but overall, it kinda become a habit.
    I am excited for the weigh in tomorrow. I may see the same weight but that's ok, overall I feel very good.
    Today I am havaing the first paying customer for pictures - I will take pictures of a 10 years old girl ... I am so excited!
    Other than that, life is good!

I'll check in with you later today.

Ciao

Loredana
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey There just a quick HELLO - I see we are having ups and downs and super busy! But it's so great that we are checking in, the support so helpful!

Yes, Loredana - I am on day 3 of no sweat..... Tomorrow I will have to find a way. Have to head out at 5am not sure when I will get home....but the good news is no football game to keep me from the gym :bigsmile: Thanks for asking about the meeting - we didn't learn too much more. We did find out that the teachers nominated the kids there were over 150 and they picked 25. Their video will be on you tube. I will keep you posted. I did get an assignment......I have to write his obituary and gather pictures from 3 different times in his life from baby to now. INTENSE!!!!

I felt thin today, but this morning the scale said I was up....I was super good today...except missing my exercise:cry: So I will let you know what tomorrow brings.

I better get to bed.....Make Good choices......
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    xBeautifulBreakdown Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Nice job, you are doing great!
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options

Lori

Lori, there have probably been a hundred or more "I'm going to start on Monday"'s for me. I totally understand that. I will NEVER have another "Monday" again, just have to keep going. I laughed so hard when I read about you "Procrastinating about stopping the procrastinating" haha I was doing the same thing this week. Can't wait to see your results tomorrow!
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on much I have been all over the place with work an exhausted when I get home. Hope everyone is having an awesome week. I will be honest, my week has been terrible. Food was no good, haven't tracked in 3 days and haven't worked out yet. Went to the gym today but it was wayyy too far from work to be able to fit in a lunch break workout. A coworker of mine said he would walk with me during lunch though so I am excited about that. I am desperate to be able to fit in ANY kind of workout at this point. I have been so tired the last couple of days I haven't wanted to cook or pack lunch. I come home from work and literally fall into bed. I am just TIRED. I am going to bed early tonight, must catch up on my sleep so that I can have a great day tomorrow.

The last week has been rough but I am NOT giving up, Hope you are all having a great week. I will check in again tomorrow night.

So proud of you!!! That's the spirit - not giving up! Even if this is not the perfect setup for your workout regimen, something, someday will change. You will see - it's the law of atraction. I am not a big "The Secret" fan or anything, but I can't deny it is true - your thoughts become your reality.
    Man, if I could give myself this pep talk every morning, I would be rockin'!!! :))
    Continue to think of ways of how to get some workout in .... maybe you can make friends with a mom in your apartment building that can watch your daughter for 30 min. You can start a "couch to 5K" program which doesn't take more than 30 minutes .... and it just gives you such an amazing energy. You can find those all over the internet - all you need is just some gym shoes and in 8-10 weeks you will run 3 miles ... can you believe it?
    It's hard to be a mom to begin with, but a single working mom it's really hard!!! I admire you for getting all these in your schedule!
    Great job!

Loredana

I am a huge "Secret" fan. I am glad that you mentioned the Law of Attraction. you are SO right, "What you think about, you bring about" Time for some more positive thinking! I have been meaning to start }C25K for a while now, reading this gave me an idea. Maybe my Mom will keep my daughter for an extra hour after school so that I can fit in 30 mins at the gym after work. Hmmm I am going to have to ask her about that. Single, working Mom is definitely tough but I love a good challenge and I want to be the best Mom I can be. I want my baby to be proud of me : )
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    Hey There just a quick HELLO - I see we are having ups and downs and super busy! But it's so great that we are checking in, the support so helpful!

Yes, Loredana - I am on day 3 of no sweat..... Tomorrow I will have to find a way. Have to head out at 5am not sure when I will get home....but the good news is no football game to keep me from the gym :bigsmile: Thanks for asking about the meeting - we didn't learn too much more. We did find out that the teachers nominated the kids there were over 150 and they picked 25. Their video will be on you tube. I will keep you posted. I did get an assignment......I have to write his obituary and gather pictures from 3 different times in his life from baby to now. INTENSE!!!!

I felt thin today, but this morning the scale said I was up....I was super good today...except missing my exercise:cry: So I will let you know what tomorrow brings.

Judy, I can't wait to see that youtube video, I wish every high school had a program like that. I bet it is going to be very hard to write that obituary, I hope that every one involved learns valuable lessons and emotions from the program. Thank for the simple but perfect quote "Make good choices" Love it!
  • lorika1977
    Options

I am tearing up just thinking about writting my son's obituary .... that IS intense!!!! You are doing a great job being so busy with so many temptations around you and still checking in .... :)
    We'll talk more when your schedule gets more relaxed.
    TGIF!!!!!!

L