p90x 90 day challenge October 1

Options

Replies

• dgkjek
    Options
    just completed day 21. been dealing w/some medical issues and been down b/c of it, but still pushing play (even though it's been more like 4-5 days a week). i've seen some results, and with the x stretch i just completed, i was finally able to lift my butt off the floor and hold my feet up for the plough. yay!! i know i don't post much, but i lurk and love to read how everyone is progressing. hope all KPP, knowing that we'll see the great results as long as don't give up. :-)

btw, my weight is stuck right now, but my clothes fit better.

diane
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hey beutiful ppl!! How's everyone doing!! I'm pretty good exept I didint exercise yestarday! But it's ok I think I needed that! I love what p90x it's been doing for me I feel sooooo strong plus im droping some pounds specially on the recovery week I think I lost 3 lbs just on that week! Ok guys talk to ya laters!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hey beutiful ppl!! How's everyone doing!! I'm pretty good exept I didint exercise yestarday! But it's ok I think I needed that! I love what p90x it's been doing for me I feel sooooo strong plus im droping some pounds specially on the recovery week I think I lost 3 lbs just on that week! Ok guys talk to ya laters!
  • ddoohaluk
    ddoohaluk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did core synergistics for the first time today and I all I can say is "I hate it, but I love it". It was a tough workout but what was most frustrating as there was no time for demos like in the other videos and since it was my first time I had no clue what I was doing. I know I could have just watched the first couple and them jumped in but it always makes me anxious when I see the timer going and I am standing around doing nothing (I know I am watching but you know what I mean). I have the workout again on Sunday so hopefully it will go a bit smoother.
  • carojenkins
    Options
    I did core synergistics for the first time today and I all I can say is "I hate it, but I love it". It was a tough workout but what was most frustrating as there was no time for demos like in the other videos and since it was my first time I had no clue what I was doing. I know I could have just watched the first couple and them jumped in but it always makes me anxious when I see the timer going and I am standing around doing nothing (I know I am watching but you know what I mean). I have the workout again on Sunday so hopefully it will go a bit smoother.

Glad I'm not the only one who had problems with Core Synergistics. And since we don't do it again until the next recovery week, I'm sure I'll have forgotten everything I did and will be just as lost as I was the first time! Oh well. "Do your best, and forget the rest!"

Today was my rest day, so I just did X Stretch, which I enjoy. Tomorrow it's back to strength training, which I like, and Ab Ripper X, which I hate. But even that is getting a little better. My abs are just not improving as fast as I'd like. I'm seeing better progress everywhere else - just not in my abs - or, in fact, in my flexibility. I am SO tight!

How is everyone else doing? Did everyone take measurements after Phase One? I did - lost about 8 inches overall, even though I gained a little weight. And friends are noticing the difference, which is really motivating.
  • msnelson07
    msnelson07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the p90x series and use it often, but its still not on the workouts list on mfp. I havent been able to program it into my tracker. has anyone else been able to find it? or know what workouts i can us instead? he names all of his stuff weird.
  • ddoohaluk
    Options
    I have the p90x series and use it often, but its still not on the workouts list on mfp. I havent been able to program it into my tracker. has anyone else been able to find it? or know what workouts i can us instead? he names all of his stuff weird.

If you read a bunch of the threads on p90x you will find everyone lists their p90x workouts differently. There is even a new thread on this from earlier today - it called p90x so maybe you can find that for some more advice. The p90x nutrition guide lists each workout as 600 calories so you can use that and create your own custom workout. I tend to be a bit more conservative with the numbers and list all of the workouts using calisthenics that is already in MFP for all off the strength workouts, hatha yoga or stretch for X stretch and a mix of hatha and vinyasa for the yoga . I don't do the cardio workouts so I don't log those.
  • ddoohaluk
    Options
    Happy Monday fellow P90Xers! Hope you had a great week and weekend. I meet all of my P90X goals last week (2 times X stretch, back/legs, and 2 times core synergistics). I did miss one of my run workouts but all of my other S/B/R workouts were spot on!! I did have a minor setback last week. I work with a coach to help guide my training and we met last week to discuss my goals for the winter and next running/tri season. As part of this she did a movement screen and it appears that my body is till battered from my 100 mile run from last spring. My hamstring and hip flexors are super tight and are not firing like they should. I will be taking the next 2-3 weeks to focus on getting those healed and behaving but in the meantime some of my other goals and training needs to be postponed. It was a huge mental blow to hear this as I am so ready to get strong for next season. I know I can't be strong if I am injured but it is still frustrating.

Goals for this week are: P90X-2 times X stretch, legs/back, biceps/back, and whatever the arm for phase 2 is called. As well as extra foam rolling and PT for hamstrings and hip flexors. and whatever sbr workouts my coach gives me.
  • Lydia227
    Lydia227 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I started my p90x lean program on Oct 17 so I'm a bit behind you all. I have not had time to read all your posts but have been encouraged by your results so far. I would love to join in on your discussions!

I am just starting week 4 and have had good results so far. I have not measured myself yet but I know I'm at least stronger. I am not getting as tired as soon with the dvd's and I'm able to do more of the workouts now. I can't wait till this weekend so I can measure and see if there is any change!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I slacked last week on p90x...I think I took the term "recovery week" way too literally!!! But as of the 5 days I have been back on track with my p90x/running hybrid!! I did Back/Biceps on saturday and I am still sore from it!!! Today was a distance run day, I did 7.59 miles. Tomorrow will be back to p90x!!

I guess the running with p90x really makes a difference with weight loss....I have actually still been losing lbs during my hybrid...only about 2lbs since the start, but I am happy with that!!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Happy Monday fellow P90Xers! Hope you had a great week and weekend. I meet all of my P90X goals last week (2 times X stretch, back/legs, and 2 times core synergistics). I did miss one of my run workouts but all of my other S/B/R workouts were spot on!! I did have a minor setback last week. I work with a coach to help guide my training and we met last week to discuss my goals for the winter and next running/tri season. As part of this she did a movement screen and it appears that my body is till battered from my 100 mile run from last spring. My hamstring and hip flexors are super tight and are not firing like they should. I will be taking the next 2-3 weeks to focus on getting those healed and behaving but in the meantime some of my other goals and training needs to be postponed. It was a huge mental blow to hear this as I am so ready to get strong for next season. I know I can't be strong if I am injured but it is still frustrating.

Goals for this week are: P90X-2 times X stretch, legs/back, biceps/back, and whatever the arm for phase 2 is called. As well as extra foam rolling and PT for hamstrings and hip flexors. and whatever sbr workouts my coach gives me.

Way to go on hitting your goals last week. I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. I hear you about the mental blow. it's hard to slow down when you are active and LOVE being active, but sometimes we have to do what is best for our bodies. You have a great plan for next week. keep up the amazing work. You'll be back at 100% in on time! :)
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I slacked last week on p90x...I think I took the term "recovery week" way too literally!!! But as of the 5 days I have been back on track with my p90x/running hybrid!! I did Back/Biceps on saturday and I am still sore from it!!! Today was a distance run day, I did 7.59 miles. Tomorrow will be back to p90x!!

I guess the running with p90x really makes a difference with weight loss....I have actually still been losing lbs during my hybrid...only about 2lbs since the start, but I am happy with that!!

Great job Abby! You are doing such a good job! Keep it up!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Hello everyone! I started my p90x lean program on Oct 17 so I'm a bit behind you all. I have not had time to read all your posts but have been encouraged by your results so far. I would love to join in on your discussions!

I am just starting week 4 and have had good results so far. I have not measured myself yet but I know I'm at least stronger. I am not getting as tired as soon with the dvd's and I'm able to do more of the workouts now. I can't wait till this weekend so I can measure and see if there is any change!

Welcome to the club! We'll look forward to getting to know you better and hear about your results. :)
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    Hi p90x-ers! Happy Monday! I hope you are all doing well! I'm excited to share I got my new weights. YAY! it's BYE BYE to the 3, 5 and 8 lbs. I have graduated to 10, 15 and maybe, just maybe 20 lbs for some exercises.I was actually sore after my Back & Bi workout. Having my new weights make me that much more excited about doing my p90x workouts. I have 4 more weeks until my marathon then I'm going to start over with a full 90 days of p90x classic and double it with my other workouts, running, walking and Insanity. I'll also go back to very strict diet. I really want to get leaner. I am anxious to get to that, but not while I'm training for my marathon.
    How many of you follow the nutrition guide? I'm thinking I might even give that a try this go around and see how it works for me. Have a great week and don't forget to KEEP PUSING PLAY and BRING IT!!!! Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • swtlilchic
    Options
    Thanks!!! I am now on week 6. The Insanity is still the shorter workouts for now. I am really enjoying the mix of lifting and cardio!
  • carojenkins
    Options
    Hi p90x-ers! Happy Monday! I hope you are all doing well! I'm excited to share I got my new weights. YAY! it's BYE BYE to the 3, 5 and 8 lbs. I have graduated to 10, 15 and maybe, just maybe 20 lbs for some exercises.I was actually sore after my Back & Bi workout. Having my new weights make me that much more excited about doing my p90x workouts. I have 4 more weeks until my marathon then I'm going to start over with a full 90 days of p90x classic and double it with my other workouts, running, walking and Insanity. I'll also go back to very strict diet. I really want to get leaner. I am anxious to get to that, but not while I'm training for my marathon.
    How many of you follow the nutrition guide? I'm thinking I might even give that a try this go around and see how it works for me. Have a great week and don't forget to KEEP PUSING PLAY and BRING IT!!!! Kelly :flowerforyou:

So happy for you that you have your new weights. I picked up the Bowflex Selecttechs and love them. No more being limited by the "little" weights! And, yes, new equipment always gives one a motivation boost!

I don't really follow the nutrition guide particularly closely. I tried my best to eat 50% protein (as calculated by My Fitness Pal) in Phase One, but now I'm pretty much sticking with my more or less normal Weight Watchers diet. I figure that's a pretty well-balanced diet that focuses on fruits, vegetables, and low-fat proteins.

Hope everyone is doing well. I just finished week six - almost half way through! Has anyone checked out the new P90X app for the iPhone? I'm at the Apple Store now trying to straighten out a password problem so I can buy the app. Saw a presentation about it last night, and it looks awesome!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    p90x-ers how are you all doing? Most of you should be half way through your program. What are some of your accomplishments? Struggles? concerns?

I just upped my weights and feeling much stronger and a bit more toned. I haven't lost any weight sense I have upped my calories for my marathon training, but I'm feeling great and having so much fun with my running/p90x hybrid.

Let's all get back to checking in. You all motivate me! Keep up the great work and BRING IT!!!! :happy:
  • ddoohaluk
    Options
    I am at the start of week 6 here. I am begining to think that I will never have the amazing results they show on the infomercials but I am seeing some progress. I am starting to be able to see stomach muscles and maybe a bit more definition in my arms and shoulders. I should have taken before pics but as someone who hates the camera I ciouldn't bring myself to it. I keep saying I am going to take pics each week but never do. I think P90 is helping me with my other sports (s/b/r), I am feeling stronger and looser on the run (although my pace isn't showing it) and I am finally seeing my watts on the bike start to rise (I haven't been consistently bike training. Plus all this upper body work is helping in the pool. I am hitting times I haven't hit in years and just overall feel stronger.

Last week was Legs/back, Back/Biceps, and Chest/Shoulders/Triceps plus 2X XStretch, 2 swims, 2 runs, and a bike workout. This weeks goals are a repeat of last week with P90X, 1-2 swims. 2 runs, and 2 bikes. The only issue is that I am fighting some sort of illness. It kept me coach bound last Sunday and I thought I was feeling better but now my throat is sore sore sore again today.

Hope all is well with you all!!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Options
    I am at the start of week 6 here. I am begining to think that I will never have the amazing results they show on the infomercials but I am seeing some progress. I am starting to be able to see stomach muscles and maybe a bit more definition in my arms and shoulders. I should have taken before pics but as someone who hates the camera I ciouldn't bring myself to it. I keep saying I am going to take pics each week but never do. I think P90 is helping me with my other sports (s/b/r), I am feeling stronger and looser on the run (although my pace isn't showing it) and I am finally seeing my watts on the bike start to rise (I haven't been consistently bike training. Plus all this upper body work is helping in the pool. I am hitting times I haven't hit in years and just overall feel stronger.

Last week was Legs/back, Back/Biceps, and Chest/Shoulders/Triceps plus 2X XStretch, 2 swims, 2 runs, and a bike workout. This weeks goals are a repeat of last week with P90X, 1-2 swims. 2 runs, and 2 bikes. The only issue is that I am fighting some sort of illness. It kept me coach bound last Sunday and I thought I was feeling better but now my throat is sore sore sore again today.

Hope all is well with you all!!

I have had some results as far as the body change. I have lost inches and I see definition in places I haven't seen in year too! I AGREE 100% about these workouts making me stronger with my other activities. I feel so strong. As you can see strong enough to take on a marathon HA! I will always do the beachbody workouts. I love them and I love how they are always adding new workouts.
    Great job on your commitment. You are doing fantastic. I also LOVE how you mix it up! :)

Today I ran 3 miles (my rest day...oops HA), 3 mile walk and p90x Back&Bi's
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just want you all to know I'm still here doing the P90X/ Insanity Hybrid. I started Week 8 this week, in all I think I may have missed 4 workouts in all. Now I love that I'm stronger and have definition on my arms and back but why have I gained so much weight? I have put on 4 pounds since I started this. I do not believe it can be muscle as I continue to eat at a deficit 6 days a week. I have always been told you will not build muscle while eating at a deficit. Now truthfully speaking, I like what I'm seeing in the mirror but I can't help but to feel down because of the increase in weight. I'm not going to give up, but I'm not sure why I workout so hard and gain weight? Is anyone else having this problem or am I just a freak of nature?